House Price Crash Forum

Man's Best Friend

Chunk

HOLA441

My husband and I are selling up and moving back to the UK. We bring with us a little boy and two English Bulldogs. Agent after agent I call automatically say 'no pets' even though we are replying to adverts that don't mention pets. I know dogs are smelly and some chew furniture but I'm willing to increase my deposit and have the carpets professionally cleaned when I move. Only two agents (Rowcliffes and Ryder Dutton) have asked the landlords if they would make an exception and funnily enough both Landlords said they would.

I get the feeling that a lot of agents just can't be arsed. I'll be buying a house in a couple of years and there are a number of agents that I won't be arsed to deal with :P

I guess the rental market in greater Manchester is so good that these agents don't have to do sweetFA

HOLA442

I get the feeling that a lot of agents just can't be arsed. I'll be buying a house in a couple of years and there are a number of agents that I won't be arsed to deal with :P

I guess the rental market in greater Manchester is so good that these agents don't have to do sweetFA

They don't need to be arsed, they can always get someone to take a property so why go out of their way to help someone with special needs.

With the massive rise in BTL sucking out the life from the FTB market, there is a queue for every hovel to rent. Financial advisers, EstateAgents, mortgage companies and banks are frantically and successfully trying to get baby boomers to invest in BTL.

I went to try and buy a house, a repossession actually, and I was amazed that every form was asking whether we were buying to rent it out ahead of any question about buying to actually live in the house.

From the reaction of the agent, I'm a rare and endangered animal ~ a deposit and buying to live in it.

Why don't I go on renting? Lack of space* and an inflated market for bigger rental houses - the affect of a nearby American base which rents 4 beds way over the market rent.

* My current place was slow to attract tenants because they couldn't figure out where to put a fridge, washing machine and tumble dryer. I applied some lateral thinking.