#16 Mr. Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • About Me:Black Belt 10th Dan

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

Don't remind me, that was ruddy annoying also. The only moving one that didn't annoy, strangely enough, was the one with the pair of boobs growing in size! :rolleyes:

Wasn't there an avatar that featured a rather large pair of breasts a top that was too small and a pair of scissors :unsure:

#17 Redcellar

Redcellar

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

I like his avatar and am starting a campaign to have it re-instated.

I think Beccles is a top one too.

F*ck the footsie. There are more important things at stake here... such as freedom people!!!

Burn your bra, or boxer shorts then, in protest of the calamity we call government.
I guess an avatar may also suffice.
Allegedly.

#18 Mr. Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • About Me:Black Belt 10th Dan

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:21 AM

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/Reox_8888/Hasslehoff/?action=view&current=hasselhoff-pants.gif&newest=1

Hated that :ph34r:

#19 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,462 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:22 AM

I think we should break the site up into two separate ones - ones pro for buytoilet's avatar and another one so we can work out a stalking plan to take him down... lol

Thanks buytoilet - much appreciated.

Looks like it is mainly mining stocks taking down the FTSE 100. I have not looked at the banks yet.

This Greece thing is amazing. They ask for billions to sort them out, get it and then a few days later they ask for more. How much longer can this go on for?
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#20 Redcellar

Redcellar

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:29 AM

I think we should break the site up into two separate ones - ones pro for buytoilet's avatar and another one so we can work out a stalking plan to take him down... lol

Looks like it is mainly mining stocks taking down the FTSE 100. I have not looked at the banks yet.

This Greece thing is amazing. They ask for billions to sort them out, get it and then a few days later they ask for more. How much longer can this go on for?

Worse than that.

Can we have billions to pay the next months wages please. Thanks. Oh so we have to reduce debt in exchange do we? Why? So we don't spiral further down and take the whole EU with us. I see.

Can I have some more billions please? No we decided not to make the hard cuts we thought we'd just ask for more money instead, well you are kinda stuck now you started lending to us aren't you.

When will we get on top of the deficit? Well the economy is tough and our people want to retire earlier not later, so give us a couple more years to think about it. Thanks.
Allegedly.

#21 Redcellar

Redcellar

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:30 AM

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b75/Reox_8888/Hasslehoff/?action=view&current=hasselhoff-pants.gif&newest=1

That's actually quite funny.
Not sure I'd like to see it again though.
Allegedly.

#22 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,462 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:34 AM

Wasn't there an avatar that featured a rather large pair of breasts a top that was too small and a pair of scissors :unsure:

No, I think that was just wishful thinking on your part.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#23 fluffy666

fluffy666

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,187 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:39 AM

Eventually, the combined weight of Euro banknotes hidden in Greece will cause tectonic instability and the entire country will sink into the sea.. which will be some sort of moral lesson, I suppose.

FTSE bounced off of 5000..

#24 Peter Hun

Peter Hun

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:20 AM

deleted

Edited by Peter Hun, 03 October 2011 - 10:21 AM.

#25 nmarks

nmarks

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:50 PM

New.York opens soon. Unless there's some good economic news in the US I suspect the Dow will fall about 2% and take the FTSE a further 25 points with it.

Sub 5000 by close? Too close to call.
The 25 Most Dangerous People In Financial Media

There are some things that men must do in order that they remain as men.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove in court. Didn't you tell me that once?

It is the duty of all good men to nurture the seed of self-destruction that lies at the core of every evil.

The biggest delusion that humans suffer is to abrogate their powers to others then expect something other than despair.

#26 homeless

homeless

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

dow will rise me thinks

#27 Sour Mash

Sour Mash

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

It can go on for as long as the ECB is prepared to give them money. And the ECB will be pressured into lending by politicians who want the Euro to succeed and/or are worried about the economic fallout of it disintegrating so this could take some time ...

As for the 'constantly asking for more' thing, it's quite simple - when you lend, you are the person that's really on the hook (well in theory anyway, hasn't proven to be the case for our corrupt banks of course) not the borrower. The more you lend to someone who is looking like a bad risk, the worse your own position gets but the stronger theirs is. Hence the borrower can put more pressure on for extra funds - "Hey, if you don't cough up another twenty billion there's no way I can pay you back the couple of hundred billion I already owe you".

Hmmm, that's not entirely unlike the current line being pedalled about "We have to borrow more money to grow our way out of this debt crisis" which is being put about by idiots and the media.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#28 CleverBear

CleverBear

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

Wish I didnt buy that ftse tracker etf friday morning. Sigh. Down about 2% since.

#29 _w_

_w_

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:08 PM

Wish I didnt buy that ftse tracker etf friday morning. Sigh. Down about 2% since.

Did you think the market would bounce? Why?

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
–Frederic Bastiat

#30 CleverBear

CleverBear

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

Did you think the market would bounce? Why?

Thought there was another dead cat bounce coming and I could make a quick bit of money. Worked a few times in the last few months for me.

I tend to just buy when it seems like the world is about to end on the principle that it cant get much worse and when sentiment rules the markets then overeactions are common and so buying on a "bear day" can really show some good profits when sentiment shifts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users