36 replies to this topic

#1 bkkandrew

bkkandrew

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:40 AM

I know I have a head start on you with the time difference and I know I have left it to the day itself.

But I am calling it anyway.

#2 DEATH

DEATH

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:44 AM

More like a red one.... not sure which is worse....

#3 TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:46 AM

Black day threads are so last week.

#4 MrFlibble

MrFlibble

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:04 AM

If not today it cannot be far off. The ass is dropping out of the global economy real fast :blink:
"Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves." - Norm Franz

In Gold we trust...

#5 scottbeard

scottbeard

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:06 AM

With the IMF deals over the weekend, more likely 1% up?

Black day to come when they realise Italy and Spain need haircuts too.
"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain." Mark Twain

#6 Mr 0.01%

Mr 0.01%

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:07 AM

Reuters only has ftse opening 20 pts down as of about an hour ago

#7 TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:16 AM

Just as likely as it going down. There is no sense to it...bad news ftse goes up...good news ftse goes up terrible new ftse goes up no news ftse plummets. It has all the trade marks of a fixed horse race. :lol:

I think the IMF/Euro-zone need to follow my plan...i.e. Each member state has their own currency and they have exchange rates between states. It seems like a great plan. :rolleyes:

Then we could have Germany annexing Greece, a nice Italian dictator taking over just while they sort stuff out. Then Germany can boost production by building stuff, like Panza tanks ( say ) and re-branding the whole country with a really cool new flag.

EDIT: 08:20 - FTSE down -1.3 %....will finish 2 % up B)

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere, 26 September 2011 - 07:20 AM.

#8 TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,591 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:23 AM

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/market-chaos-not-enough-to-deter-retail-shareholders-2361060.html

looks like small investors are taking a chance

Small investors are a bit thick, I include myself in that.

I use to believe the rhetoric that the FTSE was a great investment, would double every 10 years etc etc etc.

What a load of VI bull that turned out to be. My pension would be worth more if I had kept the money in my current account rather than giving it to some t**t in the city to invest and take a cut of.

The small investor is being shafted by the large corporations and the sooner they realize this and take their money out the better for them.

#9 Georgia O'Keeffe

Georgia O'Keeffe

Fondue NOT Raclette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,457 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:30 AM

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/market-chaos-not-enough-to-deter-retail-shareholders-2361060.html

looks like small investors are taking a chance

Thats not really what it says at all, the article is totally misleading (quelle suprise). It highlights the period May to August, most of that period the market has been/seemed fine (until the end of July), i doubt theres been much buying since the End Of July (id wager most of it was buying at the top,as usual, off the back of the positive Greek parliamentary vote a couple of months ago) but the article doesnt clarify either way

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka, 26 September 2011 - 07:38 AM.

#10 _w_

_w_

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:44 AM

Thats not really what it says at all, the article is totally misleading (quelle suprise). It highlights the period May to August, most of that period the market has been/seemed fine (until the end of July), i doubt theres been much buying since the End Of July (id wager most of it was buying at the top,as usual, off the back of the positive Greek parliamentary vote a couple of months ago) but the article doesnt clarify either way

Thanks for checking it, it saves me from having to read it.

So it looks like someone is desperate to get punters, any punters, to come and support this market? Does the Russian owner of the independent have loans collateralised by shares?

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
–Frederic Bastiat

#11 bkkandrew

bkkandrew

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:51 AM

I now realise this was a foolish call...

Not because it won't happen, but I forgot I was picking a friend up at the airport now and then going out on the p1ss.

Won't get to monitor the spectacular prediction / terrible call*
(*Delete as appropriate)

#12 Georgia O'Keeffe

Georgia O'Keeffe

Fondue NOT Raclette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,457 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:54 AM

Thanks for checking it, it saves me from having to read it.

So it looks like someone is desperate to get punters, any punters, to come and support this market? Does the Russian owner of the independent have loans collateralised by shares?

i doubt there is any conspiracy, its just a typical newspaper article that suggests something specific without saying anything on any use or insight whatsoever, what it really highlights is the danger of paying any attention to news and journalists, they have a job to do but that doesnt have any bearing on being informative

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka, 26 September 2011 - 07:55 AM.

#13 papag

papag

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:03 AM

Im in Spain and you cant haircut a bald man,

Big rumours over here is Cam Bank is on the brink
Money printed is like money from Heaven for the Bankers, however it leads the rest of us to the gates of Hell.

#14 _w_

_w_

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:09 AM

i doubt there is any conspiracy, its just a typical newspaper article that suggests something specific without saying anything on any use or insight whatsoever, what it really highlights is the danger of paying any attention to news and journalists, they have a job to do but that doesnt have any bearing on being informative

I'm sure you're right but I can't avoid noticing that this kind of message (as in the headline) would entice some people to 'dip a toe', simply because they are given the impression others are doing it. Lethal.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
–Frederic Bastiat

#15 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,710 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:12 AM

The BBC news had an IFA on last week who said don't sell anything and now was a great time to buy. He said people should look at the longer picture and think 10 years. He said the stock had done very well over the last year. He never mentioned it had been a lot lower 09

It's clearly easy money and it doesn't matter when you buy... just BUY.

Like when they have mortgage brokers on ramping the housing market, it was never mentioned that he has a vested interest gets commission.

Democorruptcy
If you say "Democorruptcy" quickly, it sounds a bit like "Democracy". In a "Democracy" people vote for politicians who represent their interests. In the UK's "Democorruptcy" people can only vote for expense fiddling thieving MPs who are in the hip pocket of big business and the finance sector.

Governbankment
A "Governbankment" is a Government that has no line between itself and banks. It diverts public money (our taxes) to private companies (banks). George Osborne's Help to Buy Bail Banks, will see our taxes go to bankers to cover their losses on mortgages that default. The UK's Governbankment will even pay bankers "reasonable repossession fees" on Help to Bail Bank mortgages that default.

The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) is stealing from savers to make them pay for crimes by bankers. Via lower interest on savings, all the bank fines for PPI, LIBOR, interest rates swaps, etc. are being paid by savers so that bankers can keep pocketing bonuses. 

"We need to make a really big change: from an economy built on debt to an economy built on savings" - David Camoron Jan 2009
"Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed" - George Osborne Jan 2009
- So what do Camoron & Osborne do? Print money and leave interest rates at 0.5% when inflation is over 5%

If it is asserted that civilization is a real advance in the condition of man -- and I think that it is, though only the wise improve their advantages -- it must be shown that it has produced better dwellings without making them more costly; and the cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
http://classiclit.ab...en-Part-2_4.htm

I want to tell you my secret now.... I see debt people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users