Photo
- - - - -

Ed Balls Is Going To Go For Leadership Of The Labour Party - I Reckon - Within Next Few Years

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Si1

Si1

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,130 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

He's everywhere, and i dislike him, but Ed Milliband is terrible and I reckon Balls may have him by the balls soon...

#2 Conrad

Conrad

HPC Regular

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:05 PM

when i read your post I just went cold as though someone had walked on my grave and pissed all over it. What an awful thought

#3 scrappycocco

scrappycocco

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:05 PM

Yes I can't stand the milliband sound bites every bloody minute, the guy is so annoying.

#4 scrappycocco

scrappycocco

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:07 PM

but balls would be even more annoying.....

#5 KingBingo

KingBingo

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

Oh the Tories would just love that. They would be able to do anything and still get relected.
The truth is that the economies of rich countries, including the UK, are being kept alive by another and astonishingly under-reported bull market — in government debt. This is the bond bubble; and when it bursts, as it surely will, the result will be a recession far deeper than the crash from which we are trying to recover.

Allister Heath
17 September 2011

#6 8 year itch

8 year itch

I am not an INTJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,282 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:13 PM

I don't really care any more. I have half a mind to think ****** it and let them go for it, I'm far more prepared for whatever bag of shit they can drop us in than I am for trying to catch up with the people 10-15 years older than me.

There is no ladder.

JY

No need to sell up, the next phase of the economics cycle is going to be very positive for anyone that owns property.

All I'm sayings is, don't listen to the property bears people, they are wrong.

#7 porca misèria

porca misèria

Porcine Aviation Enterprises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,406 posts
  • About Me:pig

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:18 PM

He's everywhere, and i dislike him, but Ed Milliband is terrible and I reckon Balls may have him by the balls soon...

He'll be aiming to time his leadership for when he reckons Labour will have a chance. He didn't want it last time, just to mark out his place as a contender.

In a perverse way I almost like Milibrown. He's kind-of a blank sheet.

#8 Tankus

Tankus

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

No ..its more basic than that

In what will be cold comfort for Osborne, his Labour party counterpart Ed Balls is also facing months of uncertainty over his own seat, which is facing substantial alterations to accommodate the reduction in MPs. The Shadow Chancellor can expect to have to fight his Labour colleague Hillary Benn for the proposed new seat of Leeds South West and Morley.

http://www.huffingto...o_n_958653.html

He won the Morley and Outwood constituency in West Yorkshire with 18,365 votes, with Tory challenger Antony Calvert polling 17,264. Mr Balls was defending a majority of more than 8,000.

reduced to a 1100.... Benn however has a majority of 10645......could be fun !

Its all about political survival .....Mcbride will be back in business methinks

#9 stuckmojo

stuckmojo

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • About Me:Metal, food, wine, computer games

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:11 AM

I am sure he will go for the leadership 1 year before the next GE. And he will win and become the UK's next PM.

I have nightmares about this. It reminds me of the time before the rise of Berlusconi when I were a lad down in North Italy.

/shudders.
<!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro--><a href="http://idiotswallet.....blogspot.com/" target="_blank">My Blog on Finance, Property and Wine. </a><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

http://www.petitiono...e/petition.html

#10 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,330 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:14 AM

Balls is a chameleon and will say what ever reassuring words are necessary. He'll be far worse than Brown and that takes some doing.

Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your £100k house would be worth £1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"The trouble with the world was that prices were so low that only the rich people could buy and the aim of the Conference was to raise them to a point where it would again be possible for poor people to buy something."

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

smaller.jpg

#11 fluffy666

fluffy666

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,187 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:23 AM

Balls is a chameleon and will say what ever reassuring words are necessary. He'll be far worse than Brown and that takes some doing.

I do wish that we had a chance to vote for someone who wasn't actually evil, or Nick Clegg. It's like 'Vote for Shub-Niggurath and be devoured by her thousand black offspring', or 'Vote for Yog-Sothoth and be ritually sacrificed at midnight' , or 'Vote for Nick Clegg'. Technically democratic, yes, but you'd really wand a non-evil alternative, just for balance's sake.

#12 PricedOutNative

PricedOutNative

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:29 AM

This is clear.. Can you bet on it anywhere?

#13 PopGun

PopGun

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,258 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:44 AM

Within a few years? A few months more like.

When he does topple Milliband, it will be a big indicator that the Coalition has passed their usefulness, and another election is looming.

The worm is turning, and tptb are turning their backs on austerity.

I thought sitting tight in the basement with a years supply of beans was the way to go, now I reckon only fleeing is the best policy for survival.
"the remarkable result is that under Mrs Thatcher from 1979-90, just as under Tony Blair from 1997-2007, the real value of Housing Equity Withdrawal is larger than the real value of GDP growth"

#14 fluffy666

fluffy666

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,187 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:03 AM

Within a few years? A few months more like.

When he does topple Milliband, it will be a big indicator that the Coalition has passed their usefulness, and another election is looming.

The worm is turning, and tptb are turning their backs on austerity.

I thought sitting tight in the basement with a years supply of beans was the way to go, now I reckon only fleeing is the best policy for survival.

Unfortunately, due to austerity, the Mars colonisation project has been postponed.. so where do you plan to flee to?

#15 PopGun

PopGun

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,258 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:07 AM

Unfortunately, due to austerity, the Mars colonisation project has been postponed.. so where do you plan to flee to?

Looks like I'll have to revise down my expectations and settle for the moon then.
"the remarkable result is that under Mrs Thatcher from 1979-90, just as under Tony Blair from 1997-2007, the real value of Housing Equity Withdrawal is larger than the real value of GDP growth"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users