9 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner

Targ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,027 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:08 AM

Global Finance have just released their annual report on world banks.

http://www.gfmag.com...l#axzz1Vho5ars5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lest there be any doubt.

No I believe prices will fall and am astounded that a so called Conservative led government could act in such a stupid way. As you can see from today, there are 2,000 HtB applicants and it has been on MSM none stop all day and they make up about 3.5% of a typical months mortgages.

BTL is a good potential way to bankruptcy and yes sometimes I make points to hopefully make people think.

#2 WageslaveX14

WageslaveX14

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:52 AM

I would like to know how they formed this list; very surprised to see Santander at No. 10, and I don't see how Barclays could have made the cut.

#3 scrappycocco

scrappycocco

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:18 AM

Barclays is all the way down there, the saving rates they pay you would think they were some kind of safe haven.

#4 GloomMonger

GloomMonger

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • About Me:Waiting for the capitulation

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

And if the bottom 5 fail then they all fail.
"For who has served me more faithfully than you with your coward's hope?" said he, "And where are the others that might have stood side by your side in the common good?"

"Dead," I whispered; and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me; "First the alien, then the Jew... I did no more than you let me do."

Beneath the beam that blocked the sky, none had stood so alone as I - and the Hangman strapped me, and no voice there cried "Stay" for me in the empty square.

#5 Number79

Number79

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

I cant see santander :lol:

#6 Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner

Targ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,027 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

I cant see santander :lol:

It's No.10.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lest there be any doubt.

No I believe prices will fall and am astounded that a so called Conservative led government could act in such a stupid way. As you can see from today, there are 2,000 HtB applicants and it has been on MSM none stop all day and they make up about 3.5% of a typical months mortgages.

BTL is a good potential way to bankruptcy and yes sometimes I make points to hopefully make people think.

#7 scrappycocco

scrappycocco

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

Strange santander is 10, I was just thinking of moving my cash out of nationwide and sticking it in santander.

#8 james7

james7

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:55 AM

Strange santander is 10, I was just thinking of moving my cash out of nationwide and sticking it in santander.

I was thinking of moving my cash out of Santander and putting it into Nationwide. I have herad rumours about Santander, and it has been mentioned a couple of times on here.

#9 Starla

Starla

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

I was thinking of moving my cash out of Santander and putting it into Nationwide. I have herad rumours about Santander, and it has been mentioned a couple of times on here.

I'm in the process of moving all my money out of Santander and putting most of it into NS&I Premium Bonds. A couple of 150 wins will outstrip the interest I earned this year and I've also heard them mentioned on the News. Plus I hate them and it's a good excuse.
Tell me all about it and start at the end.

#10 scrappycocco

scrappycocco

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

I'm in the process of moving all my money out of Santander and putting most of it into NS&I Premium Bonds. A couple of 150 wins will outstrip the interest I earned this year and I've also heard them mentioned on the News. Plus I hate them and it's a good excuse.

But they pay like 3% interest on their savings account. My premium bonds give me about a tenner every now and then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users