46 replies to this topic

#1 killerbee

killerbee

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:05 AM

Been around hpc so long it's about time I had a go.

#2 GloomMonger

GloomMonger

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • About Me:Waiting for the capitulation

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:16 AM

No chance, the US will raise the debt ceiling and the markets will love it. What a waste of BM call. You want to withdraw it?:-P
"For who has served me more faithfully than you with your coward's hope?" said he, "And where are the others that might have stood side by your side in the common good?"

"Dead," I whispered; and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me; "First the alien, then the Jew... I did no more than you let me do."

Beneath the beam that blocked the sky, none had stood so alone as I - and the Hangman strapped me, and no voice there cried "Stay" for me in the empty square.

#3 killerbee

killerbee

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:27 AM

Yes it was foolish but I just couldn't resist starting a Black Monday thread.

I will stand by the call as they probably won't do the deal over the weekend anyway.

#4 hotairmail

hotairmail

Tired of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,284 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:32 AM

This call could go down as a record. :lol:

"The chicken is radiating disorder out into the wider universe."

#5 Pent Up

Pent Up

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:53 AM

No chance, the US will raise the debt ceiling and the markets will love it. What a waste of BM call. You want to withdraw it?:-P

I don't know, if they don't agree a deal today could be a very jittery Market on Monday.
Remember that buying a house is a highly leveraged investment and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit. Buying a house may not be suitable for everyone, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.

"The time to buy is when blood is running in the streets" Baron Nathan Rothschild

#6 JimDiGritz

JimDiGritz

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:18 AM

A compromise deal will be reached on Sunday (today)

Monday will be a global bonanza for the equities markets. All major indices up 2%+

Gold/Silver will drop 2-3%

Maybe by Tuesday the bond markets and ratings agencies will start to price in the inevitable QE3 and then markets resume their slide.

My 2p's worth.

Jim
Face the facts. Then act on them.

It's the only mantra I know, the only doctrine I have to offer you, and it's harder than you think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but.

Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, don't buy into centuries old dogma and dead rhetoric. Don't give in to your conditioning or your visions or your ******ed up sense of... whatever.

FACE THE FACTS. THEN ACT.

#7 Wurzel Of Highbridge

Wurzel Of Highbridge

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,345 posts
  • About Me:What I find I keep.

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:12 AM

Hope the markets don't fall on Monday, just shoved half of our savings into Sainsburys :unsure:

Edited by khards, 31 July 2011 - 09:13 AM.

• I don't believe that there can be sustainable asset inflation when there is underlying wage deflation.
  • No matter what you choose to do in life, choose to do what you are best at and be the best you can be.
  • Everyone is a vested interest and everything is rigged.
  • Sometimes bubble dynamics just end, people stop believing and what was once a virtuous cycle suddenly morphs into vicious one.
  • The real value goes beyond the money.

I have come to realize that there is widespread belief in a 2015 global recovery.At this point in June 2013 is clear that there will be no recovery in 2015, central bankers have run out of tools to patch over the structural problems and the can can no longer be kicked.As we approach 2015 it will be clear that the emperor has no clothes and there will be an economic crash that makes 2009 look trivial.Note: I was wrong on 2nd May 2012 12:00 - London Top called prediction of London will fall by >10% in 12 months.

#8 Roman Roady

Roman Roady

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

Monday will be a global bonanza for the equities markets. All major indices up 2%+

Maybe by Tuesday the bond markets and ratings agencies will start to price in the inevitable QE3 and then markets resume their slide.

My 2p's worth. late

Jim

Agree...but they are leaving it rather late.

What if they dont reach agreement.
If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

#9 Henrik

Henrik

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

Hope the markets don't fall on Monday, just shoved half of our savings into Sainsburys :unsure:

Me too! Did the weekly shop earlier :(

#10 Wurzel Of Highbridge

Wurzel Of Highbridge

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:45 AM

Me too! Did the weekly shop earlier :(

Thanks you have just made me 0.000153p richer!
  • I don't believe that there can be sustainable asset inflation when there is underlying wage deflation.
  • No matter what you choose to do in life, choose to do what you are best at and be the best you can be.
  • Sometimes bubble dynamics just end, people stop believing and what was once a virtuous cycle suddenly morphs into vicious one.

I have come to realize that there is widespread belief in a 2015 global recovery.At this point in June 2013 is clear that there will be no recovery in 2015, central bankers have run out of tools to patch over the structural problems and the can can no longer be kicked.As we approach 2015 it will be clear that the emperor has no clothes and there will be an economic crash that makes 2009 look trivial.Note: I was wrong on 2nd May 2012 12:00 - London Top called prediction of London will fall by >10% in 12 months.

#11 Steve Smith

Steve Smith

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • About Me:Meteorology/Climatology.<br />Shiny things.<br />Beer sometimes.<br />Guitar and banjo.<br />

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

So I'm not the only one who thinks this - 10K in BV waiting.

#12 sesim

sesim

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:50 AM

Black Decade. I'm calling it.

#13 Wurzel Of Highbridge

Wurzel Of Highbridge

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:56 AM

The US will raise the debt ceiling. It is an absolute given.

If they don't they won't be able to pay pensions and social security and they know that that will result in riots and social upgeaval like has never been seen before.

Why are they putting on this show at the moment?
Is it just political grandstanding or are they trying to cover up some other bad news?

Is this little show to make European debt look 'relatively' safer? It's already pushing down UK gilts.

#14 Wahoo

Wahoo

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

My experience of investing, suggests that the markets do the exact opposite to expectations.

If America gets down graded, then there may be a rally, because the markets feel the global debt issue is coming to a head.

Just a thought.....I'm usually wrong!!

#15 Roman Roady

Roman Roady

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

Black Decade. I'm calling it.

Good call...pretty safe on that!
If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users