cartimandua51

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

I though smug Well was immune but:

http://www.rightmove...y-21706981.html

As I'm looking to downsize I'm almost tempted - don't like the night storage heating though. Just cheapness to install, or to stop the oldies blowing themselves up? I can't imagine there's no natural gas supply to central Wells....

Edited by cartimandua51, 30 July 2011 - 05:46 PM.

Posted Image

#2 tahoma

tahoma

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:42 PM

I thought you meant Wells-by-the-Sea in Norfolk.

Wherever this one is, the prices are starting to look reasonable, are they not? :)

Virtually no idea is too ridiculous to be accepted, even by very intelligent and highly educated people, if it provides a way for them to feel special and important. Some confuse that feeling with idealism.

The vision of the anointed is one in which ills as poverty, irresponsible sex, and crime derive primarily from 'society,' rather than from individual choices and behavior. To believe in personal responsibility would be to destroy the whole special role of the anointed, whose vision casts them in the role of rescuers of people treated unfairly by 'society'.

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.

Thomas Sowell

#3 Oh Well :(

Oh Well :(

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

I though smug Well was immune but:

http://www.rightmove...y-21706981.html

As I'm looking to downsize I'm almost tempted - don't like the night storage heating though. Just cheapness to install, or to stop the oldies blowing themselves up? I can't imagine there's no natural gas supply to central Wells....

Over 55s only OAP property. High service charge.

#4 cartimandua51

cartimandua51

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

Now down to 99,950
Posted Image

#5 Lagarde's Drift

Lagarde's Drift

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

Now down to 99,950

So another 30-40k to go then. It's a granny flat in the middle of nowhere with no train station and shite buses. Basically only good for parking your granny there whilst she slowly dies.

Edit: And, it's a 2 floor granny flat. Wonderful.

Edited by Laguarde's Companion, 28 January 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#6 cartimandua51

cartimandua51

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

So another 30-40k to go then. It's a granny flat in the middle of nowhere with no train station and shite buses. Basically only good for parking your granny there whilst she slowly dies.

Edit: And, it's a 2 floor granny flat. Wonderful.

Our definitions of "middle of nowhere" are a bit different! Where I am at present I have to get in the car & drive for 10 mins to the nearest pint of milk that isn't still in the cow. You might not like Wells, but this is at least very close to the city centre, and I can think of worse places to be parked as you age.
Posted Image

#7 Lagarde's Drift

Lagarde's Drift

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

Our definitions of "middle of nowhere" are a bit different! Where I am at present I have to get in the car & drive for 10 mins to the nearest pint of milk that isn't still in the cow. You might not like Wells, but this is at least very close to the city centre, and I can think of worse places to be parked as you age.

Sure, it is a decent enough place to park yourself as you die slowly. I had made the assumption that you aren't a pensioner. I may be wrong, so go ahead, buy it. But 100k is still a lot of money for a granny flat (two-floor as well).

And, the bit about being in the middle of fooking nowhere is important. If you were young, you'd like to live somewhere (or have decent transport links to) where there are jobs and decent lifestyle things. If you are a pensioner you would want to live close to your family and relatives, but what if they've all moved away from Wells? Oh, could they come visit regularly? Sure, your grandson would love to visit but there is no train station, shite buses, and he can't afford a car, so you'll never see him.

Again, if all you wanted to buy was a granny flat in a village centre so you don't have to zimmer too far to get your milk and bread then it's fine (although still overpriced).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users