1070 replies to this topic

#481 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,007 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

I did a cycle through Gower this morning - boy, what a forest of 'for sale' signs, especially in Southgate.

Called into a 'West' EAs yesterday and overheard a conversation between a couple trying to get the EA to ring around all the people who had viewed their Gower house last year. The boy was a builder turned developer it appeared and seemed quite desperate to get someone to make an offer.

After they left my EA contact filled me in - they had done the house up very nicely but simply wanted too much money - over 400K - and could not afford to drop the price. The couple are now going to extend the house further - which just seemed nuts to me as they would then be asking a lot more. :blink:

The EA told me that "they are mortgaged up to the hilt - like a lot of people on Gower".
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#482 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,007 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

Penny seems to have finally dropped with an EA in one of the bigger Swansea firms - says that the banks are now forcing down house prices.

Yippee! I think they are beginning to get it. Well, some of them are.

Told me that several managers in a main competitor - another big Swansea firm - are "scared stiff of house prices dropping".

Odd really - falling house prices would not only make houses more affordable and make the banks more likely to lend on them thereby increasing the number of houses sold by EAs leading to more commissions and fees.

The only reason an estate agent would not want to see falling house prices is if any given estate agent is hugely leveraged mortgage wise themselves or up to their eyeballs in mortgage debt and/or buy to let.

It staggers me that many estate agents I talk with can't see that a house price crash would mean more money for them.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#483 Swansea Estate Agent

Swansea Estate Agent

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:19 AM

If house prices drop, it means that more people would be in negative equity and would be unable to sell resulting in very few properties going on to the market which means a lot less commission for EA's.

Yes those that are on the market may well sell, but too many people have borrowed too much money on the strength of previous valuations.

Most sales will come from repo's if the prices fall sharply again which is great if you are sitting there with lots of cash and waiting to buy a bargain. Good news for you MT :lol:

Falling house prices won't make a difference to us because we are not heavily into sales yet, but it may help us to be established the next time prices start to go up and propert comes back to the market.

#484 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,007 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

Well, I am now seeing lots more empty 'furnitureless' houses on the market in Swansea West - a few complete with the repro tape on the toilet and sinks.

Once the banks decide that they want to - and they will - they will just foreclose on those in negative equity. It probably is a few years away yet but they usually have some clause in a mortgage contract. They did it in the early 90s crash. They will do it again.

Edited by The Masked Tulip, 28 March 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#485 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,007 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

54K drop - http://www.rightmove...y-20225706.html

Asking price now where it should have been to start with IMPO.

#486 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,007 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

http://www.rightmove...y-22450674.html :blink:

http://www.rightmove...y-22450677.html :blink:

#487 Swansea Estate Agent

Swansea Estate Agent

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

54K drop - http://www.rightmove...y-20225706.html

Asking price now where it should have been to start with IMPO.

Lacking internal pictures. Probably needs gutting.

#488 Swansea Estate Agent

Swansea Estate Agent

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-22450674.html :blink:

http://www.rightmove...y-22450677.html :blink:

The first one is a joke. Complete gut required and your still left with a crappy property.

#489 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,007 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

The first one is a joke. Complete gut required and your still left with a crappy property.

The second one, I think, is a few doors away from the house that sits directly above that old quarry kilm - the one you can see from Castle Road. I think the kilm suddenly appeared last year, or the year before last, when earth covering it fell away.

I think it is now scheduled to be filled in with concrete so I have been told.

It has been ruddy scary to stand in Castle Road, look at this huge hole that is the old quarry kilm and then look up at the house sat above it. I could not have slept there myself personally knowing such a hole was underneath me.

I was interested in buying a house in the old quarry but after seeing that kilm I wonder what else may be 'hidden' there.

#490 thirdwave

thirdwave

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

The market must be picking up (must be all that talk of a double dip) since vendors of this little gem have decided to stick it back on the market with a mere 55k increase in the previously unacheived asking price (it was on for well over a year at 295k asking)

http://www.findaprop...operty-11355846

:lol: :lol:

Edited by thirdwave, 29 March 2012 - 12:25 PM.

#491 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,007 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

The market must be picking up (must be all that talk of a double dip) since vendors of this little gem have decided to stick it back on the market with a mere 55k increase in the previously unacheived asking price (it was on for well over a year at 295k asking)

http://www.findaprop...operty-11355846

:lol: :lol:

Yes, I saw that and just thought... well, I can't tell you what I thought. It should eb 250K asking IMPO.

#492 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-22450677.html :blink:

Someone thinks that has a 200k sea view.

Democorruptcy
If you say "Democorruptcy" quickly, it sounds a bit like "Democracy". In a "Democracy" people vote for politicians who represent their interests. In the UK's "Democorruptcy" people can only vote for expense fiddling thieving MPs who are in the hip pocket of big business and the finance sector.

Governbankment
A "Governbankment" is a Government that has no line between itself and banks. It diverts public money (our taxes) to private companies (banks). George Osborne's Help to Buy Bail Banks, will see our taxes go to bankers to cover their losses on mortgages that default. The UK's Governbankment will even pay bankers "reasonable repossession fees" on Help to Bail Bank mortgages that default.

The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) is stealing from savers to make them pay for crimes by bankers. Via lower interest on savings, all the bank fines for PPI, LIBOR, interest rates swaps, etc. are being paid by savers so that bankers can keep pocketing bonuses. 

"We need to make a really big change: from an economy built on debt to an economy built on savings" - David Camoron Jan 2009
"Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed" - George Osborne Jan 2009
- So what do Camoron & Osborne do? Print money and leave interest rates at 0.5% when inflation is over 5%

If it is asserted that civilization is a real advance in the condition of man -- and I think that it is, though only the wise improve their advantages -- it must be shown that it has produced better dwellings without making them more costly; and the cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
http://classiclit.ab...en-Part-2_4.htm

I want to tell you my secret now.... I see debt people

#493 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,007 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

469K asking for a house in Hendrofoilan Avenue.

http://www.rightmove...y-37426643.html

#494 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,007 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Tumbleweed... anyone here?

#495 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,007 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

305K asking for a terrace in Mumbles. :rolleyes:

http://www.rightmove...y-22548792.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users