14 replies to this topic

#1 exiges

exiges

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

With the Euro on the brink, with Greece facing being booted out of the Euro.. With calls from Jack Straw to get this over with, what is on tonights show ?

Features on Syria and pubic hair/vajazzles ( I kid you not )
Constant growth the cancerous cure, a swarming race of profiteers ensure cheap cars for the rich, cheap lives for the poor, cheap weeks in the sun, free drinks at the door. Puerile propaganda plugs up the TV, keep folk following the money so they'll never be free.

Bankrupt schools grind out fool after fool then feed them to a system where idiots rule. Polling booths, phone votes, bogus questionnaires, you get a say as if anybody cares. Joe Public doesn't want to play so liquidate his life as he looks the other way.

Should you stand and fight, should you die for what you think is right so your useless contribution will be remembered? If you're asking me I say no, surrender -- Author: Justin Currie - Song video

#2 Thane Tasker

Thane Tasker

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

With the Euro on the brink, with Greece facing being booted out of the Euro.. With calls from Jack Straw to get this over with, what is on tonights show ?

After his cries of protest at having to read rubish, Paxman is now a joke.

#3 Stay Beautiful

Stay Beautiful

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:59 PM

#4 Charlie The Tramp Returns

Charlie The Tramp Returns

EU Troll Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts
  • About Me:Originally joined the Forum on 30 October 2003

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:59 PM

Personally I have very little interest in the EU or the Euro. The only thing Brown and Balls Up did while in power for 13 years was not to drag us into it. When the Euro came into being I told a local Economist Lecturer that eventually it would become a disaster and was laughed at. Today he refuses to reply to my Emails laughing at him. :rolleyes:
I have been studying the European Economic Community which became the European Community and finally becoming the European Union since the 1st January 1973. As each year passed the stench of corruption, financial recklessness, and Dictatorship has got totally out of control.

In an interview,( on holiday in the exclusive Swiss ski resort of Davos ) the Liberal Democrat leader was asked whether he was in charge while the Prime Minister was away from Britain travelling in the Middle East. Sipping from a mug marked “Deputy Prime Minister,” he said: “Yeah, I suppose I am. I forgot about that.( Proves what a total berk he is )

Cameron must learn the basic rule in politics and life ( Put brain in gear before putting mouth in motion ) and Miliband with no direct British Lineage should dig a hole and disappear down it.

Is Nicholarse Elcleggski ( 25% British ) insane? Who, in their right mind would willingly appease the French and Germans?

In our Country today THE TRUTH MUST NEVER BE SPOKEN, I will leave you all with your very bleak future as I will be gone.

The Lib/Dems who over the years have supported the demise of the moral and accepted standards we were all brought up to respect. The party who would lead us the way of the Ancient Greek and Roman Empires. We can Add David Cameron and Ed Miliband as Leaders of their parties who are heading for the buffers

#5 dude wheres my house

dude wheres my house

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

Yes, I was really looking forward to a meaty Newsnight on Greece - sadly had to switch off.

Me too, watching mock the week now

#6 juvenal

juvenal

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,525 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:06 PM

Yes, I was really looking forward to a meaty Newsnight on Greece - sadly had to switch off.

:lol: :lol:
'And while I live, no fool or noble knave
Shall walk this world, in credit, to his grave..'

'The pension system has been a very nice gravy train for all of those involved except for those paying into it.'

'Let's see if we can get it for the asking price..' Kirstie Allsop

"Be under no illusion. You will not escape the net..." S'rAlan Sugar

Sex, drugs and sausage rolls...

The House of Lords: 'The Ermine Vermin....'

#7 TeddyBear

TeddyBear

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:15 PM

Probably got no journalists to prepare stories as Beeb is paying for most of their staff to be on their way to Glastonbury giving free publicity to an overhyped music festival
LONDON, April 5, 2004 – The Rt Hon Gordon Brown, MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer, today officially opened Lehman Brothers’ new European headquarters building at 25 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London.

Commenting on the event, the Rt Hon Gordon Brown, MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer, said: “I would like to pay tribute to the contribution you and your company make to the prosperity of Britain. During its one hundred and fifty year history, Lehman Brothers has always been an innovator, financing new ideas and inventions before many others even began to realise their potential. And it is part of the greatness not just of Lehman Brothers but of the City of London, that as the world economy has opened up, you have succeeded not by sheltering your share of a small protected national market but always by striving for a greater and greater share of the growing global market.”

#8 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,458 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

Well, to be fair to them if Syria implodes it will have serious consequences for the West. However, IMPO the Euro crisis should have been the No 1 story.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#9 tinker

tinker

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,852 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

I had to laugh something called vajazzling and some feminist angst and anger! Not a male member in sight, except Jeremy Paxman.

How did women get conned into treating their pubes as a fashion accessory that needed to be maintained?

Oh, apparently the world economy might be about to collapse, and sea levels are rising at 2mm per year (so that will be a whole metre in 500 years), according to Michael 'Hockey Stick' Mann - best stick a tax on millimetres.

#10 Arbitrage

Arbitrage

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:03 AM

After his cries of protest at having to read rubish, Paxman is now a joke.

Presstitute pseudointellectual

#11 Arbitrage

Arbitrage

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:06 AM

So BBC breakfast news would be Tiswas

And that would make Nicky Cambell on 5 Live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

#12 trekking

trekking

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:29 AM

Maybe they should have Hugh Hendry back on the show :-)

Newsnight 26th May, Hugh Hendry 'I would recommend you panic'
Linky:
The vultures have not even started to circle yet.

#13 Sledgehead

Sledgehead

nothing special

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,022 posts
  • Location:Most definately here, despite what that wicked prankster Libitina says.

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:07 PM

Poor old Paxman, he didnt really know what to say! :D

IMHO he seemed to say vajazzling more than was actually necessary. Bet he wanders around the house occasionally muttering it below his breath followed by a pervy grin. He's just that sort.

It's interesting to stick the term into google trends. Whilst Jennifer Love Hewitt caused the latest spike in fascination stateside, Brits out-googled the rest of the world by some margin. Perhaps we should not be surprised to hear that Hertford seems to be the google-vajazzling capital of the world. Doubtless if Essex were home to a major ISP hub we'd have a different result.

Edited by Sledgehead, 21 June 2011 - 12:08 PM.

Bubble Thinking & The Wisdom of the Property Bulls (click the pink arrow to see it in full!):

QUOTE(BTLlondon @ Jun 13 2005)
You have missed the HMS "good time to buy boat." ........Now is a good time to buy View Post

QUOTE(nodumsunreader @ Aug 10 2005, 03:48 PM)
.....if your wished for HPC actually happened ..... The only winners will ....be those who own property View Post

QUOTE(TheLittleGuy @ Aug 13 2005, 02:16 PM)
I think that the market will eventually have a proper crash ... I used to be an HPC believer, but that was a long time ago View Post

#14 thecrashingisles

thecrashingisles

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,043 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:09 PM

It's interesting to stick the term into google trends. Whilst Jennifer Love Hewitt caused the latest spike in fascination stateside, Brits out-googled the rest of the world by some margin. Perhaps we should not be surprised to hear that Hertford seems to be the google-vajazzling capital of the world. Doubtless if Essex were home to a major ISP hub we'd have a different result.

I think you can blame The Only Way Is Essex for that.

#15 downandout

downandout

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

Hmmm....Greek bailout or vajazzling, vajazzling or Greek bailout.

After much consideration, on balance, I think they went with the right choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users