1 reply to this topic

#1 snuffle_uk

snuffle_uk

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:30 PM

My more paranoid side is edging me towards getting a local surveyor to do a proper structural survey on a property i'm buying, rather than the easy option of the mortgage-bank arranged Homebuyers Report.

Its a 6 year old 3 bedroom semi... perhaps a structural survey is overkill considering the age but I want to ensure as much as I can that there's nothing bad lurking there, rather than just wanting to get the transaction through with a minimum of fuss and effort!

so, does anyone have any recommendations for surveyors in the Cambridge area?

cheers in advance...

#2 tomwatkins

tomwatkins

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

My more paranoid side is edging me towards getting a local surveyor to do a proper structural survey on a property i'm buying, rather than the easy option of the mortgage-bank arranged Homebuyers Report.

Its a 6 year old 3 bedroom semi... perhaps a structural survey is overkill considering the age but I want to ensure as much as I can that there's nothing bad lurking there, rather than just wanting to get the transaction through with a minimum of fuss and effort!

so, does anyone have any recommendations for surveyors in the Cambridge area?

cheers in advance...

I love my fellow surveyors but do yourself a favour and get a structural engineer as a first off.
Tom MRICS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users