4769 replies to this topic

#3106 timebandit

timebandit

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Pensioner shoots himself at Greek Parliament, refuses to 'search for food in garbage'

A 77-year-old Greek man has committed suicide in central Athens by the nation’s parliament, shooting himself with a handgun in apparent financial desperation.

The suicide was released by the Greek newspaper Proto Thema. In the note, the deceased forecasts the Greek government a fate similar to Benito Mussolini’s if they continue robbing young people of their future.

Young people without a future will one day take up arms and hang the traitors upside down in Syntagma Square, as the Italians did to Mussolini in 1945,” the message reportedly reads.

http://rt.com/news/greece-suicide-218/

Thank you Errol for the link, the full suicide letter. I do not suppose this will be the arab spring moment, started by the Tunisian "Burning Man".

Christoulas reportedly wrote the following:

The Tsolakoglou government has annihilated all traces for my survival, which was based on a very dignified pension that I alone paid for 35 years with no help from the state. And since my advanced age does not allow me a way of dynamically reacting (although if a fellow Greek were to grab a Kalashnikov, I would be right behind him), I see no other solution than this dignified end to my life, so I don’t find myself fishing through garbage cans for my sustenance. I believe that young people with no future, will one day take up arms and hang the traitors of this country at Syntagma square, just like the Italians did to Mussolini in 1945

Twitter account Join and follow each other

Home Buyers' Strike- Join the group

http://www.facebook....104936389547036

#3107 Errol

Errol

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,026 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

Today's Ebay Special - The Country Of Greece

http://www.zerohedge...-country-greece

- Auction has now been removed.

Want to get paid for polls? Try YouGov

#3108 copydude

copydude

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Today's Ebay Special - The Country Of Greece

http://www.zerohedge...-country-greece

- Auction has now been removed.

I liked the comment:

Hurry, before everyone commits suicide.

EU = Euthenasia Universal

#3109 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,662 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

http://www.zerohedge...servant-coffers

Now that the time has come to expect Greek March economic data, which will show an acceleration in the total financial collapse of a society which is merely used as an intermediary to bail out insolvent European banks, something that virtually everyone takes for granted, together with a third bailout package sometime in the late summer, we can focus on the more entertaining developments out of the country that has become a symbol of all that is broken in Europe. Such as this story from Greek Protothema that one can now hire a cop for as little as €30/hour. €20 more gives one the option of chosing between the Athenian version of Erik Estrada, together with bike and ambiguous sexual tendencies, or a K-9 option. Finally, for those who are in need of urgent transport from point A to point B in total security, the Greek police choppers can be had for as little as €1500 an hour. In other words, one can own a 24/7 full-time militia of 20 policemen for as little as €14,400 a month. Naturally, the Greek PD has stooped so low because it simply has no money, and in its attempt to protect and serve, it has to do a little paid moonlighting on the side.

I wonder how long before you have to give the Greek police a little brown envelope to investigate a crime? Or an even bigger one so they don't?

Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your £100k house would be worth £1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"The trouble with the world was that prices were so low that only the rich people could buy and the aim of the Conference was to raise them to a point where it would again be possible for poor people to buy something."

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

smaller.jpg

#3110 8 year itch

8 year itch

I am not an INTJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

http://www.businessi...n-greece-2012-4

There is no ladder.

JY

No need to sell up, the next phase of the economics cycle is going to be very positive for anyone that owns property.

All I'm sayings is, don't listen to the property bears people, they are wrong.

#3111 John The Pessimist

John The Pessimist

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

http://www.irishtime...breaking35.html

Rent-a-rozzer for €30! The Greeks have made it legal to "hire" the police. Of course it will br restricted to "sensitive" and "high-risk" people and property.

Will it be long before they're also available for hen parties and making sure you get to the airport on time?

Will you need an "insurance" number before you can make the Greek equivalent of a 999 call?
Democracy only lasts until the unworthy discover that they can vote themselves the treasury.

You can choose the price you sell your house for, and you can choose when to sell your house, but you can't choose both.

#3112 Karelian Pine

Karelian Pine

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

Things hotting up a bit: http://www.dailymail...-150k-jobs.html

#3113 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,662 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

http://www.zerohedge...ng-home-albania

Four months ago we presented what was easily the clearest and most undiluted by media propaganda clue about the future of the European experiment, when we noted that even immigrants from places such as Afghanistan and Bangladesh, using Greece as a stepping stone onward to the gateway Shengen country of Italy, no longer have the urge to pursue their European dreams, and instead return home. As Art Cashin explained, "Over the decades, immigrants from Afghanistan, Bangladesh and other poor nations would work their way to Patras. They would stay for days or weeks awaiting a chance to smuggle themselves on to a freighter headed for Italy. Once there, they could make their way north into Europe to find hope and opportunity and maybe a job. Last week his relatives told him that things were changing. The immigrants still come to their way station of Patras (hope still blooms). But now, after a couple of weeks in Greece, they are trying to hop ships going the other way. They are going back home. Life was better, or at least no worse, where they came from and they had friends and family for support back there."

Sums up how bad it really is.

Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your £100k house would be worth £1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"The trouble with the world was that prices were so low that only the rich people could buy and the aim of the Conference was to raise them to a point where it would again be possible for poor people to buy something."

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

smaller.jpg

#3114 8 year itch

8 year itch

I am not an INTJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

http://www.zerohedge...ng-home-albania

Sums up how bad it really is.

The german plan all along

There is no ladder.

JY

No need to sell up, the next phase of the economics cycle is going to be very positive for anyone that owns property.

All I'm sayings is, don't listen to the property bears people, they are wrong.

#3115 TheCountOfNowhere

TheCountOfNowhere

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,795 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-17673917

"Greece election announced for 6 May"

"Mr Papademos, an economist, was made prime minister last November to help steer Greece through its debt crisis."

"He told a cabinet meeting that the government had left behind "an important legacy" and would continue its work during the election campaign."

Get your pop corn ready.

#3116 The Ayatollah Buggeri

The Ayatollah Buggeri

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,562 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Just enough time for all the Labour Party functionaries who have been busy in Haringey and Lewisham stuffing postal ballots for Livingstone to be recruited as election monitors in Greece...

#3117 geezer466

geezer466

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,426 posts
  • Location:200 Meters from Probably the Most Famous Prom in the World

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Haven't all the major parties likely to win seats at this election signed up to the EU shitestorm bailout conditions anyway?

What's the chances of an anti EU candidate emerging and being swept to power on a exit and default message?
This is the space for the signature thingy.........

#3118 andygivenup

andygivenup

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Haven't all the major parties likely to win seats at this election signed up to the EU shitestorm bailout conditions anyway?

What's the chances of an anti EU candidate emerging and being swept to power on a exit and default message?

Umm NO.

#3119 Police

Police

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

None. On the whole the greeks want to stay in the Euro. They just don't want the austerity.

#3120 Deckard

Deckard

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

None. On the whole the greeks want to stay in the Euro. They just don't want the austerity.

Unfortunately for them, frau Merkel has other plans.

Edited by Deckard, 11 April 2012 - 06:32 PM.

A new life awaits you in the Off-World Colonies! The chance to begin again, in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users