#1 chris25

chris25

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

http://www.telegraph...-Coalition.html

Last year some 242,000 more people moved to the UK than left, after numbers leapt by around 45 per cent in just a year.

David Cameron has pledged to cut net immigration to the “tens of thousands” but the latest official figures show an upward trend in continuing instead.

And the rise has been partly driven by a sharp increase in the number of Eastern Europeans returning to the UK to look for work – a trend the Government’s recently imposed immigration cap cannot alter.

It has also been driven up by a 20 per cent fall in people emigrating, amid reports that many are put off by a rising cost of living abroad.

Separate figures, from the Office for National Statistics, showed one in five low-skilled jobs are now filled by migrants, fuelling concerns over jobs for British workers

Got to keep the ponzi going.

Don't worry there are plenty of jobs, houses and resources to go round.

#2 longtomsilver

longtomsilver

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

Fantastic news!!! That's 245,000 additional tax payers.

Not.
10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash - Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash So, what left? Alcohol.

John Baker, Aberdeen 8/10/2011 22:34
http://www.dailymail...n.html#comments

"the world seems a better place when you're wearing beer goggles".

Quote buried in same article from 27 year old female subject painting the town of Cardiff red on a booze fuelled night out.

#3 leicestersq

leicestersq

HPC Guru

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:56 PM

http://www.telegraph...-Coalition.html

Got to keep the ponzi going.

Don't worry there are plenty of jobs, houses and resources to go round.

Hundreds of thousands of empty houses in London apparently, this is just the job.

There will be no solution to this problem whilst we remain in the EU. No matter how quickly people in the UK are leaving, they cannot outpace the rush coming in.

#4 exiges

exiges

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:04 PM

Anecdotally, my Missus has a thing for going to car boot sales on a Sunday, she loves finding tat going cheap then whacks it up on Ebay and makes a few quid.. It keeps her amused so what the heck.

What strikes me now at these car boots, is how it's pretty much all foreigners buying.. mainly Eastern Europeans. You hardly hear a native-English voice.

My partner haggles as hard as the Eastern Europeans, but the sellers seem to be grateful to finally speak to an English person and by all accounts give her a better discount.

This is in the heart of Northamptonshire countryside. the complexion of which has been changed permanently in the last 5 yrs.
Constant growth the cancerous cure, a swarming race of profiteers ensure cheap cars for the rich, cheap lives for the poor, cheap weeks in the sun, free drinks at the door. Puerile propaganda plugs up the TV, keep folk following the money so they'll never be free.

Bankrupt schools grind out fool after fool then feed them to a system where idiots rule. Polling booths, phone votes, bogus questionnaires, you get a say as if anybody cares. Joe Public doesn't want to play so liquidate his life as he looks the other way.

Should you stand and fight, should you die for what you think is right so your useless contribution will be remembered? If you're asking me I say no, surrender -- Author: Justin Currie - Song video

#5 ken_ichikawa

ken_ichikawa

I live on HPC!

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,536 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

Anecdotally, my Missus has a thing for going to car boot sales on a Sunday, she loves finding tat going cheap then whacks it up on Ebay and makes a few quid.. It keeps her amused so what the heck.

What strikes me now at these car boots, is how it's pretty much all foreigners buying.. mainly Eastern Europeans. You hardly hear a native-English voice.

My partner haggles as hard as the Eastern Europeans, but the sellers seem to be grateful to finally speak to an English person and by all accounts give her a better discount.

This is in the heart of Northamptonshire countryside. the complexion of which has been changed permanently in the last 5 yrs.

Yup a trend on motorbike forums is that you get a lot of Polish people turning up in large vans or 7.5 ton lorries and hoovering up 2nd hand bikes like no tomorrow. My Africa Twin was sold to such a bloke a couple years ago, his van was filled with motorbikes. Filled in the export part of the V5c. Bikers tend to like it because poles can't haggle for toffee.

#6 bricor mortis

bricor mortis

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:11 PM

Fantastic news!!! That's 245,000 additional tax payers.

Not.

Just seen the word "not" on your post, had to edit my post.
Yes that 245000 more unemployed whether existing residents or this lot, and plenty more downward pressure on wages, and a need for a town the size of Plymouth to house them. GRR
!Link to the wages war front line

Edited by bricor mortis, 26 May 2011 - 03:24 PM.

they hand you a nickel...they hand you a dime...they ask you with a grin if your'e havin' a good time..its a shame the way they make me scrub the floor...

#7 SarahBell

SarahBell

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,747 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

Same in Oldham -
There are some people who seem to come with bags the size of a house and fill it...
Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

#8 cashinmattress

cashinmattress

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,440 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

This has been discussed on this forum many times.

But, its a fact that immigrants create a net gain to the public coffers, despite all the verbose xenophobic rhetoric that will rear its head every time the topic comes up.

#9 longtomsilver

longtomsilver

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:05 PM

But, its a fact that immigrants create a net gain to the public coffers, despite all the verbose xenophobic rhetoric that will rear its head every time the topic comes up.

Damn lies and statistics. If that was the case then there would be no borders. Historically you may have had a point but it's different now, we have reached saturation point.
10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash - Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash So, what left? Alcohol.

John Baker, Aberdeen 8/10/2011 22:34
http://www.dailymail...n.html#comments

"the world seems a better place when you're wearing beer goggles".

Quote buried in same article from 27 year old female subject painting the town of Cardiff red on a booze fuelled night out.

#10 Tired of Waiting

Tired of Waiting

Too much credit + planning blockage = house price bubble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

+ 1

High property prices increase: living costs; production costs; and government costs - hence all prices , and taxes!

This also reduces Britain's international competitiveness, impoverishing all of us, including property owners

And NIMBYism is evil.

#11 cashinmattress

cashinmattress

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,440 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

Damn lies and statistics. If that was the case then there would be no borders. Historically you may have had a point but it's different now, we have reached saturation point.

Look. Despite what you think of the government and policy makers in this country, there are intelligent people behind the scenes doing the calculations, and if immigration was bad for the UK, I 100% guarantee that it would not be happening.

Secondly, I don't see how any part of the UK is 'saturated'? Do you mean saturated by a race, creed, or colour that isn't pasty white and Christian?

#12 bricor mortis

bricor mortis

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

I bet they do, by effectively screwing down wages massively, eg in the care sector.

Edited by bricor mortis, 26 May 2011 - 04:16 PM.

they hand you a nickel...they hand you a dime...they ask you with a grin if your'e havin' a good time..its a shame the way they make me scrub the floor...

#13 8 year itch

8 year itch

My member's title is Rodney.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,927 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:15 PM

Is that a fact in the same way its cheaper for the government to pay a family's SMI than have to house them through the council?

There is no ladder.

JY

No need to sell up, the next phase of the economics cycle is going to be very positive for anyone that owns property.

All I'm sayings is, don't listen to the property bears people, they are wrong.

#14 chris25

chris25

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:18 PM

Is this a joke?

Everytime a low skilled immigrant with no money comes into the UK he puts a native Brit on the dole.

It is not the case if he is bringing wealth with him, or investing in the UK.

If immigration is a net gain to the public coffers than why this?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 cashinmattress

cashinmattress

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,440 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:19 PM

I bet it does, by screwing down wages massively, eg in the care sector.

I don't make the rules, but if I did, I'd have every non-working British born chav sent to Antarctica to eek out a new life.

But, this is how things are, and you either accept it, or you don't. There is a big world out there, full of injustices.

Having Bogdan or Svetlana the care worker on your ward should be the least of your concerns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users