#1 Lepista

Lepista

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,497 posts
  • About Me:A 60% falls from peak bear.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:06 AM

Just wondered if Fubra had considered including something for mobile browsing, such as:

http://www.forumrunner.net/

?

Maybe they have something already?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing sedates rationality like large doses of effortless money. After a heady experience of that kind, normally sensible behaviour drift into behaviour akin to that of Cinderella at the ball. They know that overstaying the festivities...will eventually bring on pumpkins and mice. But they nevertheless hate to miss a single minute of what is a helluva party. Therefore, the giddy participants all plan to leave just seconds before midnight. There's a problem, though: They are dancing in a room in which the clocks have no hands."

My favorite post ever:
By Ruffles the Guinea Pig

#2 Lepista

Lepista

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,497 posts
  • About Me:A 60% falls from peak bear.

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:34 AM

Nice to see customer care is a priority.... :unsure:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing sedates rationality like large doses of effortless money. After a heady experience of that kind, normally sensible behaviour drift into behaviour akin to that of Cinderella at the ball. They know that overstaying the festivities...will eventually bring on pumpkins and mice. But they nevertheless hate to miss a single minute of what is a helluva party. Therefore, the giddy participants all plan to leave just seconds before midnight. There's a problem, though: They are dancing in a room in which the clocks have no hands."

My favorite post ever:
By Ruffles the Guinea Pig

#3 tc9604

tc9604

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:27 PM

No, in fact the current google ads prevent the growing number of mobile users from using the site. I'm sure the crappy ads are really making them money :rolleyes:

#4 8 year itch

8 year itch

I am not an INTJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,881 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:27 PM

I've seen other forums running on this ******ing awful forum engine running a tapatalk app.

I have to ask though, what's wrong with the mobile skin?

There is no ladder.

JY

No need to sell up, the next phase of the economics cycle is going to be very positive for anyone that owns property.

All I'm sayings is, don't listen to the property bears people, they are wrong.

#5 wave

wave

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:41 PM

I've seen other forums running on this ******ing awful forum engine running a tapatalk app.

I have to ask though, what's wrong with the mobile skin?

I would also like to have tapatalk activated so we can read the forum form our mobiles more easily.

#6 kinesin

kinesin

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:Southport... DANGER DANGER! Watch out for mobility carts.

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:12 PM

+1 for Tapatalk support
I scratch a living it ain't easy you know it's a drag. I'm always paying never make it but you can't look back.
I wonder if I'll ever get to where I want to be. Better believe it I'm working for the cash machine.

#7 geezer466

geezer466

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts
  • Location:200 Meters from Probably the Most Famous Prom in the World

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Any news on tapatalk being integrated?

Lots of users have smartphones or indeed tablet devices now that can take advantage of this.

If the forum owners needs a 'heads up' full instructions on how to get the (free) plugin are here Tapatalk
This is the space for the signature thingy.........

#8 wtw2

wtw2

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Well any chance of getting this site compatible with tapatalk and bring this site into the 19th century?

#9 aSecureTenant

aSecureTenant

Formerly Socially Housed and 'Steed'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,207 posts
  • About Me:Smashing it to LibLabCon & the NIMBY's

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

No, in fact the current google ads prevent the growing number of mobile users from using the site. I'm sure the crappy ads are really making them money :rolleyes:

Bit of a late reply I know but only just started using HPC on a mobile device, an Android Galaxy Ace. The site is actually a lot smoother. The lack of flash actually a blessing as no cpu consuming adverts. However would think Fubra will be considering the loss of potential revenue from mobile browsing. Possibly an app is a way to go and use various others that manage to insert a small banner top and bottom of field which are not too intrusive.

Edited to add that the Frontrunner app includes ad support (Admob, Adsense etc).

Edited by "Steed", 01 April 2012 - 10:34 AM.

"Capitalism has defeated communism. It is now well on its way to defeating democracy" ~ David Korten

“To think output and income can be raised by increasing the quantity of money, is like trying to get fat by buying a larger belt” ~ John Maynard Keynes 

Ignoring ALL UKIP and 'Election' threads on HPC until further notice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users