House Price Crash Forum

Rye, East Sussex

HOLA441

This development has been on here a while now - back to the 2008 optimistic and ridiculous price: here

Big new development of 100+ new units on the outskirts of town here and I'm hoping they are on as long or have to be reduced massive amounts. Nobody wanted the new builds anyway, not whilst these are still creating an eyesore in the town here

Edited for spelling!

Edited by Longtermrenter

• 5 months later...
HOLA442
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA443

I see what you mean about the new builds and the eyesore in town.

Rye is a beautiful place. I'd love to live there but no work for us. Spent many a happy Xmas there visiting extended family.

Hope you manage to find a permanent home in Rye soon.

Edited by Flopsy

HOLA444

I see what you mean about the new builds and the eyesore in town.

Rye is a beautiful place. I'd love to live there but no work for us. Spent many a happy Xmas there visiting extended family.

Hope you manage to find a permanent home in Rye soon.

Yes, it is a bit toytown the new estate. I'm noticing some price drops on the new builds there too.

There is a sudden massive increase in rentals coming onto the market. A few years back you would get maybe 3 or 4 a week - then it dropped down to one or two a week (I should explain that my rentals search is anything under £800pcm and 3 beds). I am now seeing 2 or 3 a day! Nearly all 2 bed though so 3 beds seem to be going out of that price bracket. I m also noticing that there are some price drops in the rental market. They will appear at a stupid price and then they start gently falling like this one

Hopefully coming into a bit of money soon so can either pursue my dream of building a house or at least buy one (Only at proper prices though, that is at least another 20% drop from here. I would rather spend the money on renting otherwise!)

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA445
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA446

Been watching this little shop for a while now. Used to be a fishmongers for a fair while and then a short lived smoothie bar. Edge of town, not easy to park but is on route from school for some. Started at £30k in May and now down to £17.5k. Obviously overpriced in the first place but interesting nonetheless.

Here