34 replies to this topic

#1 Milton

Milton

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
  • Location:My Cubicle. Too Small. Getting Smaller. Help. Please Help Me
  • About Me:I could put... I could put... strychnine in the guacamole. There was salt on the glass, BIG grains of salt.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

Post your theoretical solutions:

I will begin with:

State Owned Lloyds Banking Group have been left holding vast tracts of residential land banks.

What is to stop the Government seize-ing these vast tracts of residential land from Lloyds?

1.] Setting up a Development Trust for First Time Buyer's.

2.] One FTB is entitled to buy just one plot of land, for a vastly reduced rate, [60% off current land values.]

[With the caveat that each FTB will have to borrow from Lloyds, to build a house on their plot.]

[They could even include a clause which states that FTB'er's cannot sell the land/house for ten years.

And then only back to the Development Trust for a fair market value.

And that the Development Trust must retain the land, to sell onto another FTB.

That way the land always remain's as 'affordable']
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Surely this would be a much Fairer democratic balance, and more equal spread of deficit reduction, than stealing FTB'ers money to bail out Lloyds, to pay to keep 'everyone else's' property massively overinflated, ensuring FTB'ers can never afford their own property, and remain in 'debt slavery?'

Especially considering it was systemic fraud which fuelled high house prices for over ten years.

The 2 Million 'priced out' voters would love the government.
The Building industry would be kickstarted.
The coalition would have put the people's interest's above the banksters and won the moral high ground over Labour.

Whats stopping them from doing this? Its not really any more complicated than the [Rip off] shared ownership schemes the government have been unsuccesfully peddling for years.

[Any agreement would also have to entail relaxed planning, for those who wanted to build Eco/Straw bale/Cob style houses. Which have been built in the UK for centuries. And are cheaper to construct]

Giving/Selling Cheap Land to FTB should be more politically acceptable to the government than a 50% + House Price Crash occuring.

[There are historical presidents for states giving away land, in a number countries]

Therefore it might be an idea, instead of constantly calling for lower house prices, which has gotten us nowhere, for years, to define a scheme, and all get behind it.

Like the one I outlined above. Now would be the perfect time to consider it. Whilst they own Lloyds, who hold huge residential land banks.

Edited by Dan1, 08 March 2011 - 02:39 PM.

Under Labour the Average House Price TRIPLED in a decade, whilst the median UK wage rose by just £6.5k.
Utilities also
TRIPLED under Labour, and Council Tax DOUBLED, plus we saw rising inflation in other staples like Food.
It was all a giant Ponzi scheme.
Basically if you didnt get onto the 'housing ladder' at the appropriate time, and ended up 'priced out' as house prices rose year after year, YOU ARE F*CKED FOR LIFE.
Youve worked for over 13 years hard graft, with nothing to show for it. No Capital.

-----------------------------------------------------------
THERE ARE SOLUTIONS FOR THE FIRST TIME BUYER
Excuse me...... I believe you have my stapler.........ok, but I could set the building on fire.......

#2 Monkey

Monkey

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

the banks would see it as a full on attack against them from the government.

shareholders would leave, share prices would tumble as their "assetts" are being strippped

or the bank would have to over pay for the land with tax payer money

then greed would kick in and price fixing from the builders,

the construction would also be sub par, lower than what they got up to in the boom, citing price of labour/materials etc

then greed from the government as they would try and turn a proffit on these properties

mortgage companies would then rate these properties as higher risk/higher IR's to claim back revenue on lost assets

#3 Milton

Milton

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
  • About Me:I could put... I could put... strychnine in the guacamole. There was salt on the glass, BIG grains of salt.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

the banks would see it as a full on attack against them from the government.

1.] shareholders would leave, share prices would tumble as their "assetts" are being strippped

2.] or the bank would have to over pay for the land with tax payer money

3.] then greed would kick in and price fixing from the builders, the construction would also be sub par, lower than what they got up to in the boom, citing price of labour/materials etc

4.] then greed from the government as they would try and turn a proffit on these properties

It would not affect 'The Banks.' It would affect one State Owned Bank.

1. I dont see that as an issue. Lloyds/HBOS SP has already been completely decimated. Its a state owned bank. In fact, I think this solution would cause considerably less upset amongst Lloyds shareholders than the governments intentions to 'give away' Lloyds shares for free anyway...Especially If all the mortgages for the plots had to be via Lloyds, via the trust. [Long term Lloyds would be onto a winner.]

2.] Whats the mark to market value of the land? No-one knows. Lloyds will not release this data. If they can claim an accurate value themselves. And they cannot sell it anyway.

3.] That would have to be tightly controlled. And planning would have to be relaxed. And new designs and ideas would have to be introduced. [Personally I would be interested in something like a strawbale/Cob house. Something which is much cheaper to construct.]

4.] That's the whole idea. It would spread the pain of deficit reduction more equally, whilst still letting the air gradually out of the housing bubble. The gov's intention would not be to turn a profit......Hence setting up a Development Trust. The Coalition would get a lot of voters back on side. Two million Priced out of Housing. And it would not affect homeowners as much as an outright crash would. [It would also mean FTB are not working for nothing for another decade. No capital.] And it would save the inevitable bloodshed which should occur, within a few years, if house prices are not brought back to affordable levels.

Edited by Dan1, 07 March 2011 - 10:54 PM.

Under Labour the Average House Price TRIPLED in a decade, whilst the median UK wage rose by just £6.5k.
Utilities also
TRIPLED under Labour, and Council Tax DOUBLED, plus we saw rising inflation in other staples like Food.
Basically if you didnt get onto the 'housing ladder' at the appropriate time, and ended up 'priced out' as house prices rose year after year, YOU ARE F*CKED FOR LIFE.
Youve worked for over 13 years hard graft, with nothing to show for it. No Capital.

Excuse me...... I believe you have my stapler.........ok, but I could set the building on fire.......

#4 ken_ichikawa

ken_ichikawa

I live on HPC!

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,536 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

Solution is easy.....Down tools permanant general strike.

You see bonds are based on fiat and labour of the future. If there is no labour and or people withold it then the bonds become worthless. Interest rates rise to make them more attractive until they become junk.

The government forces will then come out inforce and exterminate a town to get people back to work, which will back fire as more people down tools.

The only way to keep the promises is to turn on the printers. UK goes into hyperinflation... which makes Zimbabwe look mild. All the VIs are wiped out completely and the system is reset back to 0. All the things people voted for which you were handed the bills is reneged on and thus it again is set to zero. Thus leveling the playing field.

I get to hunt the local population for a few months, then somebody will press the reset button and introduce a new fiat currency... but there will be a hell of a lot less claims on it than with the £.

#5 Milton

Milton

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

Ok Ken. I understand your argument. [Down tools] The markets will sort it for us. Hope they do....

I just think that Whilst the Government holds such a stake in Lloyd's they have a unique opportunity.

Its not really that radical either when you think about it.

It would re-ddress the huge yawning chasm between those who own property and those who do not, in a much more democratic fashion than is being done at the moment.

Edited by Dan1, 07 March 2011 - 07:47 PM.

Utilities also

#6 Milton

Milton

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:41 PM

**The truth is that they do have options available to them, to spread the deficit fairly, and allow FTB to work and pay for a house, if they really wanted to. There are workable ideas. Like the one above. They obviously just do not want to. They are happy to carry on stealing from us. And then lying to us.
After over a decade of watching house prices rise out of our reach year after year, I am so utterly sick of it. Working for nothing. No Capital. Forced to pay for other peoples houses, mortgages and retirements.
I feel like burning down the banks. And MP's houses. The B@5tards have pushed us too far.
Without the bailouts house prices would have crashed by over 50% which would merely have returned them to their long term historic average affordability. Instead they want us as slaves. We have to do something about it. And when the sh1t finally does hit the fan, they will wish they had 'done the right thing' when they had a chance to do so.
Our politicians and Bankers really are gangsters. It is frankly an amazing truth to be faced with, or have to accept. But it really is true.****

Edited by Dan1, 08 March 2011 - 02:45 PM.

Utilities also

#7 Milton

Milton

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

*Just updating this thread so I can stick it on my Sig.

If any government were serious about helping FTB, there are many many ways in which they could make houses affordable for us again.

One way would be to award FTB with cheap land.

State Owned Lloyds Banking Group have been left holding vast tracts of residential land banks.

What is to stop the Government *retaining these vast tracts of residential land from Lloyds and selling them to FTB for a vastly reduced rate?

Giving/Selling Cheap Land to FTB should be more politically acceptable to the government than a 50% + House Price Crash occuring.

[Everyone already knows that for houses to become affordable once again, a 50% + crash, must occur, but it seems they intend to draw it out over ten years. Stochastically speaking, the ten year cycle seems likely.]

[However that leaves FTB working for another decade for nothing. Which is completely unacceptable. That would be over 20 years working for nothing. No capital. Forced to pay off someone else's mortgage and retirement. Already forced to waste tens upon tens of thousands in wasted rent. ]

[There are historical precedents for states giving away land, or selling it cheaply, to their citizens, for different reasons, in a number of countries]

Now would be the perfect time to consider it. Whilst the government own a stake in Lloyds, who hold huge land banks.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The government could set up a Development Trust for First Time Buyer's. Allowing just One FTB to buy just one plot of land, from Lloyds Land bank, for a vastly reduced rate, [60% off current land values.]

With the caveat that each FTB must borrow from Lloyds, to build a house on their plot. The Trust could include a clause which states that FTB'er's cannot sell the land/house for ten years. And then only back to the Development Trust for a fair market value. The Development Trust must retain the land, to sell onto another FTB.
That way the land always remain's as 'affordable'

--------------------------------------------------------------

Consider:

It would spread the pain of deficit reduction more equally, whilst still letting the air gradually out of the housing bubble. [House Prices rose threefold over ten years]

The gov's intention must not be to turn a profit……[Hence setting up a Development Trust.]

In one fell swoop the Coalition would win a lot of voters back on side. And it would not affect homeowners as much as an outright crash would.

Lloyds cannot sell their land anyway. This solution would be much 'fairer' and preferable to the Lloyds shareholders, than governments plans to give away Lloyds shares for free. Lloyds could supply the mortgages for all the plots, via the trust, to FTB's.
Lloyds, in defiance of the monopolies commission, hold over 33% of UK mortgages.
Instead of giving away Lloyds shares to everyone, the government should be seeking to redress the balance in the housing market, by spreading the pain of deficit reduction more equally, between those who own property and those who do not.
[Considering the staggering threefold increase in house prices over ten years, because of blatant fraud and VI theft.]

Surely this would be a much Fairer democratic balance, and a more equal spread of deficit reduction, than stealing FTB money to bail out Lloyds?
[FTB, are paying to keep 'everyone else's' property massively overinflated, ensuring FTB'ers can never afford their own property, and remain in 'debt slavery'. Why should the people who do not own property be forced to pay to keep Lloyds properties massively overinflated? Its ridiculous and criminal]

Especially considering it was systemic fraud which fuelled high house prices for over ten years.

Whats stopping the government from doing this?

[Any agreement would also have to entail relaxed planning, for those who wanted to build Eco/Straw bale/Cob style houses. Which have been built in the UK for centuries. And are cheaper to construct]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Simply calling for lower prices, has gotten FTB's nowhere, for years. But we know that the government could help FTB if they really wanted to.

If they do not. We should accept that they have decided to place us in debt slavery.

If they do not have a plan to help us, we should acknowledge that their plan is to hurt us.

And their trick is to pretend that there is nothing they can do, except show fake sympathy at the plight of FTB

In which case, riots and petrol bombs should ensue. It's not us at fault. It is the government.

Another ten years forced to work for nothing, as a direct consequence of government sponsored theft and fraud, would be like a life sentence.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Government is our enemy.

*Just updating this thread so I can stick it on my Sig.

Edited by Dan1, 13 March 2011 - 05:09 PM.

Utilities also

#8 Injin

Injin

I live on HPC!

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,165 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

Wow! Land seizures to back borrowing!

Is it 18th century france again aleady?
My Blog

Find the right answer, realise you'll never see it in your lifetime, and then advocate it anyway because it's the right answer.

You've got to settle for second, third of fourth best in day to day life more often than not. There is no reason to accept anything but the best in your thinking, however. The only real personal issue is it requires you to completely give up on the idea that you will ever be all that free yourself. Accepting you can do nothing to sway tens of millions of people with muddleheaded notions any time soon is the first step to actually fixing stuff properly.

Ty, Shipbuilder.

#9 Milton

Milton

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

Wow! Land seizures to back borrowing!

Is it 18th century france again aleady?

I would'nt expect anything else from you Injin.

*Seize-ing edited to Retaining.

Edited by Dan1, 13 March 2011 - 02:25 PM.

Utilities also

#10 Executive Sadman

Executive Sadman

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,464 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:55 PM

Dont the govt shares in Lloyds/ RBS have zero voting rights, other than being able to be sold/bought.

The day that govt actually changes laws to assist people is the day hell freezes over.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

#11 Timak

Timak

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

Just build on agricultural land.

Get together with a group of 10 and buy 100 acres should be possible for around £50k each. Break it into 10 seperate parcels of land.

Away from view of any roads, in the centre of the land, build 10 off grid nice family houses which are entirely self sufficient.

When eventually reported for the crime of building shelters to live in on your own land that don't cause problems for anyone else fight it tooth and nail.

When eventually evicted simply reconstruct the houses on another parcel of your groups land.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________The correct answer to every statement is "It's a little bit more complicated than that"

#12 fellow

fellow

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

I think it would be easier to just let prices fall.

#13 Milton

Milton

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:54 PM

Everyone already knows that for houses to become affordable once again, a 50% + crash, must occur, but it seems they intend to draw it out over ten years. Stochastically speaking, the ten year cycle seems likely.]

[However that leaves FTB working for another decade for nothing. Which is completely unacceptable. That would be over 20 years working for nothing. No capital. Forced to pay off someone else's mortgage and retirement. Already forced to waste tens upon tens of thousands in wasted rent. ]

I think it would be easier to just let prices fall.

Utilities also

#14 miko

miko

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

Post your theoretical solutions:

[They could even include a clause which states that FTB'er's cannot sell the land/house for ten years.

And then only back to the Development Trust for a fair market value.

And that the Development Trust must retain the land, to sell onto another FTB.

That way the land always remain's as 'affordable']
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there is the flaw in this.

By the FTB only ever being able to sell back to the Development trust at a fair market value ( would that be a fixed % of the open market ) the FTB will still not have the means to join the open market and pay open market rates for their next house they would after owning this first house for ten years still be priced out. Also who wants to buy a house that they cannot sell for ten years , they might want/ need to sell .

#15 Milton

Milton

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

And there is the flaw in this.

By the FTB only ever being able to sell back to the Development trust at a fair market value the FTB will still not have the means to join the open market and pay open market rates for their next house

No Miko. You have not spotted some obvious glaring flaw.

I think you must have speed read it?

THERE ARE SOLUTIONS FOR FIRST TIME BUYERS

It's a simple enough concept. Sell FTB land cheaply. [But do not allow FTB to sell it onto anyone else.]

As the government gradually deflate's the housing bubble over the next decade, to become affordable once again, the prices of the trust's house's will gradually meet them.
[Hence FTB cannot sell for ten years, for a 'quick profit'.]

Its a win win solution for the government

[Of Course FTB would all prefer a 50%+ crash this year or next year...Whereas our disgusting thieving government and banks, are attempting to engineer a soft bottom in housing hoping, that FTB will all jump in after a measly 35% drop.]

Edited by Dan1, 13 March 2011 - 05:22 PM.

Utilities also

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users