• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 The Planet

The Planet

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • About Me:I'm an independent freelance who writes the blog Planet Property.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:30 PM

Kate Moss, we hear, has just bought this amazing house in Highgate for close to £8m.

It was designed by poet and visionary William Blake and was later home to the opium addicted poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge – he came here on 1823 with his friend and doctor James Gillman in an attempt to kick his habit but died 11 years later (if Pete Doherty comes to stay he should feel right at home).

More here, including lots of pics:

Kate Moss' new Highgate Home: Take a peek!

#2 Austin Allegro

Austin Allegro

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:55 PM

Kate Moss, we hear, has just bought this amazing house in Highgate for close to £8m.

It was designed by poet and visionary William Blake and was later home to the opium addicted poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge – he came here on 1823 with his friend and doctor James Gillman in an attempt to kick his habit but died 11 years later (if Pete Doherty comes to stay he should feel right at home).

Nice - though a bit noisy as it fronts on to North Hill and there's a petrol station nearby (albeit a Georgian one...)...makes me wonder why arab gazillionaires buy those Candy council flats really...though I suppose Highgate village is a bit suburban and old-money-English for them...
Why treat those who call themselves atheists as enemies? Why not simply say to them: ‘We have no quarrel. The “God” whose existence you deny you do well to deny. It is an object among other objects and I deny it also. The necessary ground of all rational thought, on which you and I both depend to make sensible statements, that is what I mean by God.’ Rev Anthony Freeman

#3 douggggy

douggggy

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

Nice - though a bit noisy as it fronts on to North Hill and there's a petrol station nearby (albeit a Georgian one...)...makes me wonder why arab gazillionaires buy those Candy council flats really...though I suppose Highgate village is a bit suburban and old-money-English for them...

I am seeing a thin hand in Philip Green`s trouser pockets....

#4 LuckyOne

LuckyOne

HPC Fundi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

So, £8M for a big semi on a busy road near a petrol station in North London ......

#5 indirectapproach

indirectapproach

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

Oh, you so really, really, need help with the vision thing for that comment.

#6 LuckyOne

LuckyOne

HPC Fundi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

Oh, you so really, really, need help with the vision thing for that comment.

She could have bought her mate Davinia Taylor's place for 1.5 m less.

She hid there for a few months when she was going through the cocaine useage investigation so she knows the house well.

http://www.rightmove...y-17314290.html

#7 indirectapproach

indirectapproach

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:29 PM

1.5 m for a decent slice of Coleridge when packing that babe's cash ... cheap at the price.

Anyway, C's gaff in Highgate is more than just another big semi in N. London.

#8 NW11

NW11

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:46 PM

She's not too far from me. Within borrowing a cup of sugar distance.

Let's all be glad those undeserved millions have been spent in the UK so our own minions as opposed to the Chinese or Americans will be the likely beneficiaries,

#9 drainman

drainman

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:15 AM

shame it aint the cemetary..... shes a coke sniffin twit and not even worth good oxygen ....sorry just my view ;)

#10 MrPin

MrPin

Mild Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,105 posts
  • About Me:Fount of wisdom, and pinnacle of taste!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:32 AM

Crikey, I hope she has enough furniture to fill it! :huh:
Ignorance can be cured! Stupidity cannot!

#11 Constable

Constable

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:22 AM

That's a fabulous house.

Highgate is a great place to live.

£8m doesn't seem that bad either when you consider the price of flats and small houses in decent London areas.
Posted Image

Sibley 26-Dec-10, "Only houses actually on the market will drop in price".

#12 shermanator

shermanator

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

Crikey, I hope she has enough furniture to fill it! :huh:

I'd think a glass table would pretty much satisfy her needs.

#13 Austin Allegro

Austin Allegro

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

shame it aint the cemetary..... shes a coke sniffin twit and not even worth good oxygen ....sorry just my view ;)

A little unfair I think. She was catapulted into megastardom at the age of 16 so has never really known 'real' adult life. I feel a bit sorry for people like that, millions or no millions. It's no wonder many of them end up on drugs or booze.
Why treat those who call themselves atheists as enemies? Why not simply say to them: ‘We have no quarrel. The “God” whose existence you deny you do well to deny. It is an object among other objects and I deny it also. The necessary ground of all rational thought, on which you and I both depend to make sensible statements, that is what I mean by God.’ Rev Anthony Freeman

#14 pl1

pl1

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:40 PM

That's a fabulous house.

Highgate is a great place to live.

£8m doesn't seem that bad either when you consider the price of flats and small houses in decent London areas.

Poet probably only paid a few shillings for it.

All free movement of labour between countries with vastly disparate GDP's means, is that the labour gravitates to the country paying the highest relative wage; and it was always ever thus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users