119 replies to this topic

#1 hedgefunded

hedgefunded

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,092 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:07 AM

We're breeding a nation of uneducated serfs aren't we?

Deluded into taking out 'Payday' loans to buy Chinese tat to keep little Kayleigh and Ryan happy, whilst getting off of their faces on cheap booze. MSE is awash with them, needing a loan to pay off their existing loans and thinking that 'APR' means 'April'.

A class of people, and there are millions of them, who know the benefits system inside out but think Iceland is primarily a shop and not a country.

These people are the types who come out with garbage like "If you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear", and will be enslaved by, and depedant on the state from cradle to grave. They're born, they breed, they die. They contribute nothing other than the occasional appearance on modern day freak shows like Kyle and Trisha.

We might just as well go into full Matrix mode, sedate them, and use them as Duracells.

I despair.

***Edited for typo***

Edited by hedgefunded, 29 November 2010 - 05:25 PM.

#2 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,089 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:11 AM

So your saying APR doesn't mean April!!!!

It's all getting too complicated now...

Too many people really don't understand debt but then again isn't that the point. If people understood debt we wouldn't be in this mess.

Viva ignorance.

Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your £100k house would be worth £1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"The trouble with the world was that prices were so low that only the rich people could buy and the aim of the Conference was to raise them to a point where it would again be possible for poor people to buy something."

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

smaller.jpg

#3 Cinzano Bianco

Cinzano Bianco

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • About Me:Expecting house prices to slowly deflate... like the long, drawn out death rattle of a man suffering from terminal flatulence.

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:12 AM

Deluded into taking out 'Payday' loans to buy Chinese tat to keep little Kayleigh and Ryan happy, whilst getting off of their faces on cheap booze. MSE is awash with them, needing a loan to pay off their existing loans and thinking that 'APR' means 'April'.

A class of people, and there are millions of them, who know the benefits system inside out but think Iceland is primarily a shop and not a country.

These people are the types who come out with garbage like "If you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear", and will be enslaved by, and depedant on the state from cradle to grave. They're born, they breed, they die. They contribute nothing other than the occasional appearance on modern day reak shows like Kyle and Trisha.

We might just as well go into full Matrix mode, sedate them, and use them as Duracells.

I despair.

Hi hedgefunded, did you have a good weekend? :rolleyes:
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
---

13 Years of Labour

#4 NotMyHouse

NotMyHouse

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:19 AM

ROTW.

#5 pokercola

pokercola

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:20 AM

To be fair, not understanding debt is hardly confined to the underclass.

I know plenty of 'educated' middles who are financially retarded.

#6 GordonBrownSpentMyFuture

GordonBrownSpentMyFuture

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:22 AM

These people are the types who come out with garbage like "If you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to fear", and will be enslaved by, and depedant on the state from cradle to grave. They're born, they breed, they die. They contribute nothing other than the occasional appearance on modern day reak shows like Kyle and Trisha.

I despair.

Which particular thread over there sparked you off?

You are correct, of course.

#7 MrFlibble

MrFlibble

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:22 AM

Indeed we are, it's not only the banks and government that are zombie, it's the people too. Lurching from one TV reality show to the next, living pay-check to pay-check, but they have a god to look up to, Martin Clueless of Money Saving Eejit.
"Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves." - Norm Franz

In Gold we trust...

#8 Nationalist

Nationalist

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:29 AM

On the other hand - you can't be a debt slave if you never bother paying back what you owe! B)

Our chav class is sitting pretty. They take credit and don't repay. They break the law and don't get punished. They drive without tax or insurance. They breed with no thought of how they will support their offspring. They get housed and fed whatever they do. They lead lives dominated by TV, booze, "rights" and petty feuds with other chavs.

They are perpetual childen of a paternal state.

#9 xux42

xux42

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:46 AM

They breed with no thought of how they will support their offspring. They get housed and fed whatever they do.

Gonna make great telly when this is all suddenly taken from them - govt. policy or state failure* will do this one way or another.

Glad I don't live on one of those mixes HA estates TBH.

*To be clear - not collapse just inability to maintain benefit payments.

Edited by xux42, 29 November 2010 - 09:55 AM.

#10 dances with sheeple

dances with sheeple

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,060 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:07 AM

Watching people at work yesterday gravitate to the telly as X Fartor started, silently without any hesitation they drift in to the TV lounge as it starts and sit glued like gormless cult victims or characters from Children of the Damned listening to a "broadcast". The level of mental attachment to the vacuous in this country is scary, the central controlers have done their work well.

#11 Sour Mash

Sour Mash

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,895 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:22 AM

On the other hand - you can't be a debt slave if you never bother paying back what you owe! B)

Our chav class is sitting pretty. They take credit and don't repay. They break the law and don't get punished. They drive without tax or insurance. They breed with no thought of how they will support their offspring. They get housed and fed whatever they do. They lead lives dominated by TV, booze, "rights" and petty feuds with other chavs.

They are perpetual childen of a paternal state.

Quite a succinct summary of a large section of the population. The question is "How long can this continue?".

It's all very well saying that the state can't afford to support a bunch of freeloading deadweights but the facts are that this situation had been rumbling along for well over a decade, it's been a long time since government revenue covered expenditure. Who's to say it can't go on for a few more years yet?

And the only way I can see it ending is with an all out state implosion, where we'll all be screwed.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#12 SarahBell

SarahBell

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,080 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:46 AM

So your saying APR doesn't mean April!!!!

Nobody told me I'd have to pay it back. I thought they were giving me the money free.

That bright house ad makes me want to go and protest outside their shops "expensive tat on tick"

Sadly stupid people don't realise they are stupid though.
Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

#13 campervanman

campervanman

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:47 AM

I despair.

It's the Sun wot won it.

Still not young enough to know everything

_57919089_share_income464x332.gif

#14 hotairmail

hotairmail

Tired of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,865 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

Right - so when in history was it different?

"The chicken is radiating disorder out into the wider universe."

#15 Pole

Pole

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

Watching people at work yesterday gravitate to the telly as X Fartor started, silently without any hesitation they drift in to the TV lounge as it starts and sit glued like gormless cult victims or characters from Children of the Damned listening to a "broadcast". The level of mental attachment to the vacuous in this country is scary, the central controlers have done their work well.

Television has always relied on the lowest common denominator.And the ITV has officially admitted to that.
----------------
'Modern daily life is the civilised reanimalisation of man. Nobody really believes in anything anymore, and everyone spends their life in frenzied work and frenzied play so as not to face the fact, not to look into the abyss.' - F. Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users