252 replies to this topic

#1 Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

Can't remember the last time any new properties appeared in my preferred search. There were quite a few being added around 2-3 months back but it all seems to have ground to a halt. All I'm seeing now is the same old crap put on repeatedly and often at more or less the same price.

Even if I wanted to buy right now there isn't anything I would. (well, within 300k of my max budget - and then there's only one)
Visit my websites and help me retire youngish! : Cornwall | Devon | Dorset | Somerset | The Cotswolds | surf reports

#2 tennaval

tennaval

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

Can't remember the last time any new properties appeared in my preferred search. There were quite a few being added around 2-3 months back but it all seems to have ground to a halt. All I'm seeing now is the same old crap put on repeatedly and often at more or less the same price.

Even if I wanted to buy right now there isn't anything I would. (well, within 300k of my max budget - and then there's only one)

yes you're right, apart from the usual suspects changing agents in pendeen, st just, trewellard etc its pretentious lifestyle flats in st ives, and the usual churn in carbis bay, very quiet. Properties that match our criteria are very rare anyway. Whether our expectations will ultimately be compromised I dont know, as our budget is modest, there is something we are considering but only with a hefty reduction, but quite happy to play a long game patience will be rewarded for sure.

#3 Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

the usual churn in carbis bay

What is it about Carbis Bay?! It must have more houses for sale per sq Km than anywhere in the UK!
Neighbouring Lelant is a pretty close second.
Visit my websites and help me retire youngish! : Cornwall | Devon | Dorset | Somerset | The Cotswolds | surf reports

#4 tennaval

tennaval

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

What is it about Carbis Bay?! It must have more houses for sale per sq Km than anywhere in the UK!

I guess together with Lelant Its a surpisingly big sprawl and attracts an older demographic....and life expectancy being what it is in such a damp climate.......produces a natural err turnover of supply.:rolleyes:
I am surprised at the speedy turnover of country property as well, take decent quiet areas like Newmill, Bodrifty, Mulfra, Morvah etc its incredible the number of people that dont stick around for long perhaps not being able to hack the weather and general lack of diversity......

#5 tennaval

tennaval

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

Talk of the devil ....up pops another classic Lelant bungalow .

Is it me or does that looked grossly overpriced? I would have thought it really hard to find a buyer at 300,000 let alone just under half a million?????

Edited by tennaval, 24 November 2010 - 01:34 PM.

#6 Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:06 AM

Talk of the devil ....up pops another classic Lelant bungalow .

Is it me or does that looked grossly overpriced? I would have thought it really hard to find a buyer at 300,000 let alone just under half a million?????

Yep, just add to the list of places that will still be for sale in 6 months time. Owners obviously think it is worth an extra 200k because it has a glimpse of what is essentially mud 50% of the time.

Also another fine example of hopelessly dated decor that is prevalent in any decent sized non-period house on the market.
Almost as bad as all those hideous conservatories that add an extra 50k onto the price tag but I'd demolish the second I moved in!

#7 tennaval

tennaval

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

Owners obviously think it is worth an extra 200k because it has a glimpse of what is essentially mud 50% of the time.

Notice the term " Hayle Borders " hasnt yet caught on in estate agent lexicon.....mmm cant think why not!

Yes there should be a separate thread for hideous conservatories......the penwith classic seems to be the perspex shed/porch combination stuck onto a sweet vernacular granite farmhouse.....classy. Prime example popped up yesterday (you get far more for your money in that hinterland north of A 394 than West of st ives)

#8 tennaval

tennaval

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

Notice the term " Hayle Borders " hasnt yet caught on in estate agent lexicon.....mmm cant think why not!

Yes there should be a separate thread for hideous conservatories......the penwith classic seems to be the perspex shed/porch combination stuck onto the front of an otherwise sweet vernacular granite farmhouse.....classy. Prime example popped up yesterday. (nb.theres better value in that hinterland north of A 394 than West of st ives....

Edited by tennaval, 25 November 2010 - 01:44 PM.

#9 Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:37 AM

http://www.rightmove...y-27666181.html

Bit more like it. Just knocked 50k off. I'd seriously consider this if I didn't want to be within walking distance of Penzance

#10 tennaval

tennaval

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:46 AM

http://www.rightmove...y-27666181.html

Bit more like it. Just knocked 50k off. I'd seriously consider this if I didn't want to be within walking distance of Penzance

That's a handsome house (although quite close to a caravan site - the garden of the one above with the dodgy conservatory actually borders a caravan site, not ideal ). Why walking distance PZ? Dont want a car? or just like the connected feel? Bone valley maybe????

#11 tennaval

tennaval

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

Another irresistible beauty with sea views (if you cross the road)........dont delay to avoid disappointment.....its a bargain at just under 400 k

Edited by tennaval, 04 December 2010 - 12:47 PM.

#12 Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:12 AM

100k off - at least another 100k to go IMO
http://www.rightmove...y-24795859.html

Was originally on at 595k. What is f'king wrong with these people? Pig ugly, dated house that isn't even on a proper street.

Don't these people look at what else is on the market for the same price? I assume they do as they have to move somewhere.

#13 Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:30 AM

Rightmove alert email today entitled 'New property for you to buy in TR18'.
3 properties - all have been on there for around 9 months+ and all that same price. Deluded TW@Ts.

My favorite is this dump at approaching half a million. http://www.rightmove...y-27651511.html Views out over Coronation Street

#14 SarahBell

SarahBell

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,845 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:40 PM

Do an rss of the search in go ogler reader. Nice way of keeping an eye on it
Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

#15 Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

~20% off http://www.rightmove...y-23933416.html

I remember this one at 360k when it first came on. Looks OK, but something I don't like about it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users