House Price Crash forum: Boston Area Seems To Defy Gravity - House Price Crash forum

powered by
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Boston Area Seems To Defy Gravity whats going on?

#1 User is offline   cypher007 

• HPC Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:13 AM

im getting tired of this $hit. 3 years now and still the houses are pegged at 2007 prices and selling.

#2 User is offline   cypher007 

• HPC Regular
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

View Postcypher007, on 23 November 2010 - 10:13 AM, said:

im getting tired of this $hit. 3 years now and still the houses are pegged at 2007 prices and selling.

hmm looking at the data on home.co.uk, it looks like people are taking there ball away and going indoors. big drops in the number of properties for sale.

#3 User is offline   ingermany 

• HPC Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:30 AM

house

I remember this house when I was house hunting in Boston 2007....was 320K then. Now 260, and it has been on the market for over 3 years now, and not budged at all (never gone SSTC). Do you know what's wrong with it? Looks to be in excellent location. Dated decor but there must be a bigger problem?

#4 User is offline   cypher007 

• HPC Regular
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:18 AM

View Postingermany, on 29 January 2011 - 08:30 AM, said:

house

I remember this house when I was house hunting in Boston 2007....was 320K then. Now 260, and it has been on the market for over 3 years now, and not budged at all (never gone SSTC). Do you know what's wrong with it? Looks to be in excellent location. Dated decor but there must be a bigger problem?

yes its sat on one of the busiest roads in Boston next to some nice houses, but some have been turned over to multiple ocupancy eastern european rent-a-room homes.

#5 User is offline   cypher007 

• HPC Regular
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

View Postcypher007, on 14 July 2011 - 09:18 AM, said:

yes its sat on one of the busiest roads in Boston next to some nice houses, but some have been turned over to multiple ocupancy eastern european rent-a-room homes.

think its now finally sold, or they got fed up and took it off the market, and a lot get removed because people get fed up. a three bed near a property im interested in has now got LET agreed on one side of the sign, with a local letting agent, and FOR SALE on the other. just another reluctant landlord i guess.

#6 User is offline   ingermany 

• HPC Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:30 AM

View Postcypher007, on 27 September 2011 - 12:09 PM, said:

think its now finally sold, or they got fed up and took it off the market, and a lot get removed because people get fed up. a three bed near a property im interested in has now got LET agreed on one side of the sign, with a local letting agent, and FOR SALE on the other. just another reluctant landlord i guess.

No...it's under offer: Spilsby Road I'm assuming they kept removing it from Rightmove to hide the length of time on market and the series of desperate price reductions.

Under Offer at 230K..............that makes a reduction of 90K from the 2007 asking price. It will be interesting to see what it actually sold for.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users