Not sure what the above has to do with what i am saying. All i am saying is if i do decide to buy then i may go a different route to getting the place 'checked out' than is normal. Not really a huge deal imo. Your point re someone scoping for future work is fair enough - but that is the same with many things and as the house would not even belong to me - i doubt it would be a big issue. If you have a problem with your plumbing who do you get in ? A plumber or a surveyor ? So if you want to find out of potential future problems with your plumbing who do you get in ? I just think it sounds like common sense.
Hi ccc -- you might want to think about holding off buying in Edinburgh. My take is that the market here is changing and we will see a sharper fall in the next six months. Here is why:
(1) The Time on the Market is off the charts... I believe that it is taking on average approximately 200 days to sell. This is almost double what it has been last year and is rising.
(2) The referendum is scaring the life out of foreign EURO buyers who were buying into the Edinburgh market as a currency hedge. They will not do this now, too much risk. There was a lot of sales in the New Town in December and I believe this may have been foreign buyers getting their money out of Euros.
(3) There has almost been no sales in the first 2 weeks of January (ok it is a slow time...) but ONLY a couple of sales is unprecedented.
Hang in there.......