HPC Regular

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:46 PM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog

Scroll down, on the right hand side.
Was this link always there?

Pretty cool, I thought. And right next to one of the most read articles for today about house prices.

Apologies if this is old news, I just noticed it and wondered if others had too. Delete thread if needed.

Mainstream yet?

Doggett: "You could find a conspiracy at a church picnic!"
Mulder: "...What church?"

#2 Pent Up

Pent Up

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,986 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:50 PM

Very nice, well spotted :D
Remember that buying a house is a highly leveraged investment and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit. Buying a house may not be suitable for everyone, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.

"The time to buy is when blood is running in the streets" Baron Nathan Rothschild

#3 moonriver

moonriver

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog

Scroll down, on the right hand side.
Was this link always there?

Pretty cool, I thought. And right next to one of the most read articles for today about house prices.

B)

Oh yes, there we are.
Well spotted.

#4 blobloblob

blobloblob

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts
  • About Me:Warning point free zone

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

It's the Guardian so most likely a spelling mistake. It should probably have been www.labour.org.uk.

#5 juvenal

juvenal

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:23 PM

It's the Guardian so most likely a spelling mistake. It should probably have been www.labour.org.uk.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
'And while I live, no fool or noble knave
Shall walk this world, in credit, to his grave..'

'The pension system has been a very nice gravy train for all of those involved except for those paying into it.'

'Let's see if we can get it for the asking price..' Kirstie Allsop

"Be under no illusion. You will not escape the net..." S'rAlan Sugar

Sex, drugs and sausage rolls...

The House of Lords: 'The Ermine Vermin....'

#6 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,349 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

I'm a pin up for Social Workers and Teachers? :blink:
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#7 Traktion

Traktion

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,278 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:42 PM

Interesting.

Although I would have thought cheaper house prices for all would be aligned with their ethos, I wouldn't have thought much of the debate here would appeal to their left leaning readership. It's pleasantly surprising.
Hayek: Denationalisation of Money - Competing, alternative currencies and breaking the money monopolies.
Bitcoin - Free market, distributed, open source, e-currency.
Against Intellectual Monopoly - Stop the rent seeking through legal monopoly.
Freedomain Radio - Philosophical commentary and debate.
Khan Academy - Free market education, funded by voluntary donations.
Community Land Licencing - A distributed, non-state, alternative to land value taxation.

#8 buytoilet

buytoilet

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:55 PM

It was. But I'm wondering if I should now stop posting as I never thought that a website I liked would be recommended by that rag. <_<

So that's why there have been lots of new poster wearing flares and jumpers with patches on the elbows.

I cant spell either so they should get on well here. :)

#9 Pauly_Boy

Pauly_Boy

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

OMG, i never thought I'd see that on the Guardian website, next we're going to have the daily express saying prices are too high!
"And fairness extends across the generations, for what is fair about forcing the next generation to pay for the debts of our generation?" George Osborne , 17-Aug-2010

#10 Saberu

Saberu

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:48 AM

I always considered The Guardian to be one of the better newspapers, The Independent can be good too. Certainly more impartial and less sensational than the Daily Mail and The Times. Hopefully HPC will grow even faster once the repeated property falls are locked in.

Edited by Saberu, 05 December 2010 - 01:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users