9 replies to this topic

#1 bricor mortis

bricor mortis

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

I realise Hartlepool has always been cheap for housing, seems cheaper than Newcastle.
is there anything stand-out bad about life in Hartlepool ?
they hand you a nickel...they hand you a dime...they ask you with a grin if your'e havin' a good time..its a shame the way they make me scrub the floor...

#2 Conrad

Conrad

HPC Regular

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

I actually quiet like Hartlepool. When I visit I notice that there are less people around in supermarkets etc. People are generally polite.

Its abit like going back in time as there are hardly any immigrants. Roads and ammenities are well looked after, as they probly get a poverty grants.

The draw backs are that there are no real jobs apart from in the public sector. They are also staunch labourites.

#3 swissy_fit

swissy_fit

HPC Guru

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,523 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:08 PM

I realise Hartlepool has always been cheap for housing, seems cheaper than Newcastle.
is there anything stand-out bad about life in Hartlepool ?

Went there once 20 years ago.
Memories consist of the sea breaking black (pollution from old coal mines I think), the stink of a large chemical works, the freezing wind and a few sad people picking up coal on what passed for a beach.
If you want to know what the next political move will be, ask yourself what will suit the banks, and behold, the answer will come to you.

The Credit Crunch :
The logical financial outcome is deflation. The logical political outcome is inflation. (Thanks to Injin 21st Sept 2008)

#4 PhoneyMcRingRing

PhoneyMcRingRing

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

Where's the jobs? There are not many in the Toon, but more that Hartlepool. It would be a hell of a commute!

P
"But now the guy's got to come up with Paulie's money every week. No matter what.
Business bad? F*ck you, pay me.
Oh, you had a fire? F*ck you, pay me.
The place got hit by lightning, huh? F*ck you, pay me."

#5 mon-keyhanger

mon-keyhanger

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:19 PM

CHEAP?

You are all brainwashed. There is nothing cheap in Hartlepool. I think you might mean cheapER than some places. FIFTY THOUSAND POUNDS PLUS for stinky run down 2 up 2 down terraces. Nobody with a pinch of sense would risk it or put their family through the trauma of the daily stress living in most of the locations on offer.

No locals wanted them when they were less than 10 grand a decade or so ago. At least then they were not BTL rejects and still had reasonable occupants in many. A few areas where these CHEAP houses are make Detroit look up and coming.

Decent properties in better locations are beyond the grasp of the average wage earner. Young workers in Hatlepool have not a hope of getting affordable homes on their wages/salaries without Mom and Pop Bank- Lotto win-pushing a bit of recreational substance or LIAR LOANS and blindly accepting a life of total debt slavery out of proportion to historical norms.

I suggest many people have just thrown in the towel, realised it a waste of time, and settling for HB to shoulder the ridiculous rents; unpayable if you are earning an average wage for area. SO if you see the social contradictions here you will understand the social mobility flux occurring.

Sinking aspirations, the catch 22 of it all, the self perpetuating spiral down is creating more and more fodder for the BTL merchants to blitz reasonable areas one by one, turning poor property into poorer property.

The poor property terraces were once the FTB starter homes now they are the last resort. Decaying, festering areas THAT LOOK 'CHEAP'on Rightmove are thrown into stark relief if you do a Google Street view or better still... go and have a look.

Not in the dark though.

CHEAP! Shhheesh.

A little rant over.

Hence ma

#6 Timelash

Timelash

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

Well, I'm delighted to read in The Guardian that prices in my home town fell 17.5% last year, making Hartlepool the HPC capital of Britain. I've been working, renting, saving cash and buying gold in London for years, and watching prices tumble on Rightmove for months. Hell, I might go home and buy a place one of these days. Vindication at last!

Not that I'm gloating.

#7 EnslaveToLet

EnslaveToLet

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

The following videos might give you an idea about life in Hartlepool:

Hartlepool - I Wanna Live in Duke Street !

&

Hartlepool - The Ripped Backsides

#8 Harry Monk

Harry Monk

The Official HPC Paraffin Lamp

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

It's full of monkey hangers. ;)
.........................................................................................................................................................................
"Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defence against a homicidal maniac." -George Orwell.

#9 RandomFactor

RandomFactor

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:12 PM

The following videos might give you an idea about life in Hartlepool:

Hartlepool - I Wanna Live in Duke Street !

&

Hartlepool - The Ripped Backsides

Dragging up an old thread I know, but I remembered that "I wanna live in duke street - next to the odd cod" video when I came across this today:

http://www.rightmove...y-48431966.html

#10 Northerner

Northerner

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Location:Godís Own Country (a phrase that is used to refer to several places such as the Australia, United States, New Zealand, Kerala (India) and YORKSHIRE).
  • About Me:Grudge-bearing, tight-fisted, xenophobic, boorish and arrogant (according to my freinds).

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:24 PM

I think a car would be essential for a family living in Hartlepool ...

http://www.dayoutwit...l?page=4?page=3

How you matter is defined by the things that matter to you. You matter as much as the things that matter to you do." John Green 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users