*Sorry posted the above under my old account, couldn't figure how to delete my post
Here is my template for new build offers, hope this helps others..........
Hi, our offer is based upon and reflected by the following:
- 1st time buyers, we are in no chain and can move quickly.
- We have our mortgage offer in writing.
- We have a solictor in place.
- We are conscious newbuilds are like new cars, overvalued by upto 20% and they loose value after the initial purchase.
- We want value for money in the current uncertain climate and wont overpay.
- House prices are still overvalued in terms of affordability in the north east, a correction of at least 15% is still due.
- Your valuation is pre recession 2008, prices have fallen since then in real terms but your valuation doesn't reflect that unfortunately.
- The economy is very weak, especially in north east, prices are likely to fall with interest rises, further public sector job losses and the UK's recent ratings downgrade, we need to protect ourselves from negative equity.
- Only 1 parking space, no garage.
- We are not using the newbuy scheme saving Taylor their 10% contribution to this scheme.
- Sold prices for new builds are not included in land registry figures.
- We are not desperate to buy and we have narrowed our search down to 4 final options we are interested in, we will go with the one that accepts our fair offer.
- Our offer is a long term financial one, we won't get emotional about our choice.
- The other 3 properties are freehold, yours is leasehold which has ongoing additional annual costs which is a negative.
- Your property is still within a building site for the next 18-24months and there is no guarantee the remaining plots will be finished, potentially effecting value, site building had already stopped once for over a year at staithes, again a negative.
- Your property is within the worst area out of the 4.
- We are ready to proceed, exchange contracts and have the reservation fee ready for each of the 4 properties if needed for whoever accepts our fair offer.
- Taylor announced they doubled their profits recently to £190m for the year, a few thousand is insignificant.
- By accepting our offer you agree that the property is removed from the market and no further offers are considered or accepted.
Our offer is: £, only % below your valuation.
Thankyou, we look forward to hearing from you.
Edited by thesmartmoney, 27 February 2013 - 05:31 PM.