69 replies to this topic

#1 deadman

deadman

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

For some reason at the moment I'm surrounded by people who continually 'fall out' with others.

It seems to be the same old faces. At work, for istance, one particular individual sits in their car rather than face colleagues at break time.

I get really tired of it.

Are you the type to fall out with people or do you seem to get along with the majority of people? It wears me down.

Is it in the genes? I don't understand it.
[

#2 DeepLurker

DeepLurker

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:52 PM

For some reason at the moment I'm surrounded by people who continually 'fall out' with others.

It seems to be the same old faces. At work, for istance, one particular individual sits in their car rather than face colleagues at break time.

Are you the type to fall out with people or do you seem to get along with the majority of people? It wears me down.

I'm ignoring you.
Food, shelter; both are basic necessities of life.
If you call out for cheaper food, you are a saint.
If you call out for cheaper shelter, you are ostracised, ridiculed, even your partners and family feel slightly ashamed of you.

#3 200p

200p

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,541 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:53 PM

Same here at work. Its just added pressure at work and at home (theirs).

Just don't get involved, or take sides. Ignore it and let them get on with it and get on with what you need to do.

Keep work colleagues, just that.

untitled.PNG

#4 Bossybabe

Bossybabe

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

I've always thought of falling out with people as a particularly immature thing to do. Surely, mature adults will talk through their problem with the other guy[s].B)
QUOTES:

• "This is going to hurt you much more than it will hurt me." - Bossybabe
  • "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.
  • "This fellow is wise enough to play the fool, and to do that well craves a kind of wit. He must observe their mood on whom he jests, The quality of persons, and the time" VIOLA, Twelfth Night, William Shakespeare
  • "Oh, when she's angry, she is keen and shrewd! She was a vixen when she went to school. And though she be but little, she is fierce." - HELENA, A Midsummer Night's Dream, William Shakespeare

#5 200p

200p

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,541 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

Sitting in their car - nothing wrong with that? The Archers is on about 2pm?

untitled.PNG

#6 deadman

deadman

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:59 PM

I'm ignoring you.

Did you say something?
[

#7 deadman

deadman

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:00 PM

Sitting in their car - nothing wrong with that? The Archers is on about 2pm?

Not at 10am, 11.45 am and 3pm though eh?
[

#8 winkie

winkie

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,776 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:01 PM

Try not to talk to others about anyone behind their back....I try and see both sides of the story, in most cases there are reasons why people do and say things.....rarely, if someone is out and out nasty, selfish and a pain in the **** there are ways to get even, it is only a matter of time, when it is least expected. ;)
What you don't owe won't worry you.

Less can be more.

#9 Bossybabe

Bossybabe

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

No, Women's Hour, Ziggy Stardust Came from Isleworth and Open Country today!

QUOTES:

• "This is going to hurt you much more than it will hurt me." - Bossybabe
  • "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.
  • "This fellow is wise enough to play the fool, and to do that well craves a kind of wit. He must observe their mood on whom he jests, The quality of persons, and the time" VIOLA, Twelfth Night, William Shakespeare
  • "Oh, when she's angry, she is keen and shrewd! She was a vixen when she went to school. And though she be but little, she is fierce." - HELENA, A Midsummer Night's Dream, William Shakespeare

#10 winkie

winkie

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,776 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:23 PM

...maybe they have agoraphobia, low self esteem or confidence...why don't you ask? ;)
What you don't owe won't worry you.

Less can be more.

#11 pl1

pl1

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:25 PM

I often sit in my car for lunch.
Otherwise I'm constantly disturbed for the hour I don't get paid for.

#12 indirectapproach

indirectapproach

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:28 PM

"at 10am, 11.45 am and 3pm though eh?"

That seems like a lot of breaks.

#13 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,896 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:31 PM

Emotional Intelligence - Daniel Goleman.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#14 200p

200p

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,541 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:34 PM

Perhaps you have a very sensitive radar? I don't even register when people take their breaks.

untitled.PNG

#15 Tonkers

Tonkers

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts
  • About Me:Music and that

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:38 PM

I get along, in small talk compromise is easy, why not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users