House Price Crash forum: Deluded Old Scrapper Birds On Dating Sites - House Price Crash forum

powered by
  • (100 Pages) +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Deluded Old Scrapper Birds On Dating Sites princess looking for knight in shining armour etc Rate Topic: ***** 3 Votes

#346 User is offline   The Masked Tulip 

• I live on HPC!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

View Postsilentstan, on 12 April 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

Posted Image

I might stick my profile back up just so I can add this photo.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#347 User is online   thecrashingisles 

• I live on HPC!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostAustin Allegro, on 12 April 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

Those that don't either have 'issues' (ranging from anything from serious problems like alcoholism down to unusual opinions/unconventional lifestyles) which limit the number of possible partners they could have, or they 'punch above their weight' (ie, have unrealistic expectations of their partner in terms of looks, money, intelligence etc) and limit their possible partners in this way (I would consider myself to have suffered from both these symptoms).

Sadly an aversion to debt comes into that category.

#348 User is offline   DrMartinSanchez 

• HPC Regular
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

I'm reviving this thread...
Just found another interesting profile:

http://www.pof.com/v...ile_id=12954384

r u man enuffff for her? I know I'm not :unsure:

#349 User is offline   Dave Beans 

• HPC Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

View PostStarla, on 12 April 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

It seems likely that if someones main priorities in life are watching Eastenders in their sportswear, communicating in text speak, or the classic "staying in and watching a DVD with a glass of wine" then the chances of being single are reduced. Their dating pool is sadly about 75% of the single UK population. You just need to vaguely fancy someone and it's a done deal. My mates (men/women) that struggle most finding a relationship are the ones that are the most articulate, interesting and stupid-funny left field. The dating pool (puddle) is tiny in comparison. It's not meeting someone that's the problem, it's meeting someone worth meeting. Then you're at the mercy of luck, looking for someone not tangibly described on paper.

I think thats absolutely true. Those with a "strange" outlook on life (me included) can find it hard to meet anyone...You know within the first few sentences if speaking to someone whether they get you, or whether you're just hopelessly embarrassing yourself with bizarre ramblings...
"Wont someone please think of the children"

The Sad Faces Of Wronged Mail Readers

Eurocleese De Zouch

#350 User is offline   pl1 

• HPC Senior Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostThe Masked Tulip, on 12 April 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

I might stick my profile back up just so I can add this photo.

Awesome. But illustrates it well. A dating bird will have a bond with her kids naturally which will be obviously missing from you. She'll see love, you'll just see some random kid who can't put World Of Warcraft down, at first anyway.

#351 User is offline   Mr. Miyagi 

• HPC Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostDrMartinSanchez, on 24 April 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

Tits are alright.

#352 User is offline   Starla 

• HPC Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

I'm definately not man enough.

I'm just not sure that calling yourself "The Starfish" is a good idea. It conjures up the wrong image from the start.
Tell me all about it and start at the end.

#353 User is offline   The Masked Tulip 

• I live on HPC!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

I had a classic one today.

I begun browsing the dating sites about 2 months ago and noticed a woman in Swansea who had a profile on both dating direct and on plentyoffish.

On her plentyoffish profile she is seeking a woman to explore her bisexual side for the first time.

On her dating direct profile she writes a normal vanilla profile seeking a bloke. Her dating direct profile sounded intelligent, balanced and interesting.

She has the same photo on both profiles.

So I emailed her today simply wishing her all the best stating that I thought it was honest and brave of her to put such a profile on-line - especially as there are so many small-minded people in Wales when it comes to sexuality. That is all I said - I basically encouraged her and thought that I would hear no more from her. She is in her fifties and several years above my maximum age range in seeking a partner. I did not expect a response.

This is the response I got back.

I think you have the wrong person. I'm not on dating direct. I dont appreciate being contacted by a man on a lesbian dating site either.

Within minutes her profile photo on dating direct seeking a man had been deleted - presumably so no one can now link her with her female seeking profile on plentyoffish. I mean, does she really think that I am the only person who has seen both profiles, especially as both had the same profile photo?

So I emailed her back pointing out her profile handle on dating direct and what it said about her seeking a man, pointed out that plentyoffish is NOT a lesbian dating site only and, whilst I wished her all the best coming to terms with any sexual insecurities she might have, that I did not appreciate her trying to project her insecurities on to me by trying to make out that she did not have such a profile on dating direct as well as on plentyoffish.

I have to say that her reply caused me nutter alarm radar to begin flashing.

I understand that she may have reservations and doubts about her bi-sexual desires but, gee, come to terms with them before you begin sticking up your photo on one dating site seeking a woman and on another seeking a man!!!
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#354 User is offline   The Masked Tulip 

• I live on HPC!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostDurch, on 03 June 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Give it up TMT and let her be! :lol:

Posted Image

:lol:

#355 User is offline   Fully Detached 

• HPC Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

Is she foreign?
"When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank... You are a den of vipers and thieves."

- Andrew Jackson President of the US, 1829-1837 correctly noting that bankers are a bunch of *****.

"Men, it has been well said, go mad in crowds and only come to their senses slowly and one by one."

- Charles MacKay, 1856.

#356 User is offline   'Bart' 

• I live on HPC!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

Any woman describing herself as a "princess" who isn't called Kate, Anne, Eugenie or Leia is probably best avoided.

I can feel my wallet draining from here.

#357 User is online   chronyx 

• HPC Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

decided 2 be a grown up & upgrade this....as if ur goin 2 do something then you shud do it properly

"There is no emoticon, for what I'm feeling."

#358 User is offline   Frank Hovis 

• STR :-)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

View Post'Bart, on 03 June 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Any woman describing herself as a "princess" who isn't called Kate, Anne, Eugenie or Leia is probably best avoided.

I can feel my wallet draining from here.

Yep, "I was daddy's little princess", plus anybody describing themselves as "high maintenance". Goodbye, no I always walk this quickly.

This post has been edited by Frank Hovis: 04 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

High house prices - wrecking economies worldwide since 2003

#359 User is online   JoeDavola 

• HPC Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

View PostJoeDavola, on 11 March 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

About a month and a half ago, a woman sent me a message on POF.

Her POF profile is completely blank, apart from a picture. This alone is a warning sign; I would never contact someone who has nothing in their profile, but she contacted me so hey ho lets go along with it.

We exchanged messages for a while. She mentioned meeting up, in a kind of indirect way. So I suggested we meet up, and she dodges the issue but keeps seinding me messages, nothing of any real substance just small talk.

I mention meeting up again. She says she wants to know me a bit better. Remember, this is the woman who has no information at all on her profile, and asks lots of questions but never really says too much about herself. She gave me her phone number when I stopped replying to her messages on POF, and made a big f*cking thing about the fact that she was giving me her number.

That was a month ago - she's been sending me text messages for the last month, banal small talk but in overly familiar tones, which I quite frankly can't be bothered replying to a whole lot of the time. I suggested a week ago again that we meet up for a drink, and she got a bit weird about the fact that I said meeting up for a drink. So I just didn't reply to her message.

Following morning I get a "Good morning :)" message from her and it's back with the messages. I'm basically ignoring her now; but she is not getting the hint, and I've had a chain of five text messages over the last few days with no reply from me. At one point she said 'you are a very hard person to get to know', and I assumed that would be the ned of it.

Then I got a text this morning stating what she wanted for breakfast and saying she'd be over in an hour. I actually got a bit nervous as she knows what building I live in and I was wondering if she was actually gonna hang around outside.

It's like she wants us to be texting each other for a couple of months like a boyfriend and girlfriend would before we actually meet in person.

Is it me, or is she totally mental? I shouldn't have given her my phone number, unfortunatley I don't think there's any way to block her from being able to text me?

Well after two months of silence from my 'stalker', she starts sending me the occasional message on POF, which I ignore.

She then sent me a text message, at a point where I was feeling rather low because i'd just been rejected by what was the most promsing woman that I have met so far; so against my better judgement I replied to it.

What followed was about 4 days of her continuing to ask me a flood of inane questions day and night. I tried to engage with her as an intelligent human being, asking her how things were going for her on POF. She ignored the question so I asked it again, and the following happened:

- she has had a profile on POF for over 6 months, but has went on no dates
- she says she has went on no dates because guys are only interested in sex, and she's 'not that kinda girl'
- this comment was immediatley followed up by a text asking what sort of women I was into in terms of looks
- I explained to her that by having no profile description, she was actually putting off men who wanted more than just sex - she accepted this
- I then explained that I was a bit cut up about something not working out so I wasn;t interested in pursuing a relationship right now
- she then told me that she wan't interested in me any more anyway
- then texted a few mins later saying that since we both knew what we wanted we could just meet as friends
- then a couple of days of inane texts of her asking me what I was up to at various points in the day
- feeling very lonely, I asked her what she was up to on Friday, she was busy
- again she continues with the flood of inane messages asking me every little detail about myself - I don't reply to most of them - I genuinely don't have time
- I reply to one message, then get another one saying (bear in mind this is at least 4 months since she started stalking me):

"So what;s your thoughts on some quick fire get to know you questions?"

- I tell her that I don't have time to text my life story to her, and if she wants to get to know me we can meet up for a cofee some time.
- She replies with 'yea whatever' and I didn't hear from her again.

#360 User is offline   UnsureFTB 

• HPC Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

View PostJoeDavola, on 04 June 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Well after two months of silence from my 'stalker', she starts sending me the occasional message on POF, which I ignore.

She then sent me a text message, at a point where I was feeling rather low because i'd just been rejected by what was the most promsing woman that I have met so far; so against my better judgement I replied to it.

What followed was about 4 days of her continuing to ask me a flood of inane questions day and night. I tried to engage with her as an intelligent human being, asking her how things were going for her on POF. She ignored the question so I asked it again, and the following happened:

- she has had a profile on POF for over 6 months, but has went on no dates
- she says she has went on no dates because guys are only interested in sex, and she's 'not that kinda girl'
- this comment was immediatley followed up by a text asking what sort of women I was into in terms of looks
- I explained to her that by having no profile description, she was actually putting off men who wanted more than just sex - she accepted this
- I then explained that I was a bit cut up about something not working out so I wasn;t interested in pursuing a relationship right now
- she then told me that she wan't interested in me any more anyway
- then texted a few mins later saying that since we both knew what we wanted we could just meet as friends
- then a couple of days of inane texts of her asking me what I was up to at various points in the day
- feeling very lonely, I asked her what she was up to on Friday, she was busy
- again she continues with the flood of inane messages asking me every little detail about myself - I don't reply to most of them - I genuinely don't have time
- I reply to one message, then get another one saying (bear in mind this is at least 4 months since she started stalking me):

"So what;s your thoughts on some quick fire get to know you questions?"

- I tell her that I don't have time to text my life story to her, and if she wants to get to know me we can meet up for a cofee some time.
- She replies with 'yea whatever' and I didn't hear from her again.

Have you actually ever spoken to her; heard her voice? Sounds like a man with a fake profile pretending to be a woman to get his kicks!
There's no government like no government.
--------------------------------------------------

It is part of the British collective mind-set to be right, people are endlessly arguing, sustaining their need to be right. In Britain it is very much more important to be right than to be nice. So people are rather nasty to each other while pretending to be right, and so their long-term karma is to be found to be terribly wrong. In then olden days, honor and a gentlemanís or gentlewomanís code of conduct was what held up the British edifice of being right but that code is now lacking. So the country will rot and falter.

The trick to being British is to agree to be wrong and make changes now. If you go down the path of righteous-indignation, you will fall as the country falls. The British feel they are very superior so their long-term karma is to become inferior. They will lose their economic status. If you donít feel you are superior, or right, and if status doesnít bother you, the nationís karma wonít bother you at all.
Stuart Wilde 2007

• (100 Pages) +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users