House Price Crash forum: Deluded Old Scrapper Birds On Dating Sites - House Price Crash forum

Jump to content

powered by
  • (100 Pages) +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Deluded Old Scrapper Birds On Dating Sites princess looking for knight in shining armour etc Rate Topic: ***** 3 Votes

#1 User is offline   CarbonBasedLifeform 

  • HPC Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 550
  • Joined: 05-January 09

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:42 PM

Recently moved to a new city for a new job, i didn,t know anyone here at the start so decided to try a dating site just to get out a bit and figured a bit of female company would,nt hurt. I,d never used one before as i don,t generally have problems meeting women, all my exes are attractive to very attractive,but i thought i,d give it a try under the circumstances.

big mistake :lol: anyone else notice the following.

You know the deluded types that are found on crap like xfactor who are completly convinced that they are the next celine dion etc even though they can,t sing a note these sites are full of the dating equivelent. Fat unattractive with 5 bellies ,6 double chins, bingo wings, dressed in tents and with 3 kids in tow and living in a crappy ex council house , thay have a list of qualities that you must have and say things like "must know how to treat a lady" ie spend lots of cash on me and "princess looking for knight etc" usually the wrong side of 35 and with more issues than heather mills, They actually seem to believe they can be choosy they send you a message and if you dont reply they sometimes get all stroppy,

Just wondering if this is mainly a female phenonemon caused by all this "because you are woth it" crap i suspect most of these old scrappers have more chance of winning the lottery than finding another husband with all the required qualities.
Charm the paint off walls me ;)
la dolce vita non c,e piu!
----------------------------
end of the sweet life.

the future is betfair the only true market left.

#2 User is offline   Mega 

  • HPC Senior Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: New Members
  • Posts: 3,190
  • Joined: 25-November 07

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

Very much what i found, BRITISH females are the worst!
French women think they are the fatest in europe, in fact they are the lightest....british women think they the lightest and are the fatest!

You must be:-
Tall dark & hamsone
Able to fight off a SS division with one hand, but be sensative to her needs
Be Rich


She is:-
Fat
lots of kids
poor
Looking for a mug

They always post photo's from the 1980's!.....................had one say the photo was "last year"......the street behind was full of XR2's & XR3's etc.

Mike

#3 User is offline   TeddyBear 

  • HPC Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,392
  • Joined: 11-January 07

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:13 AM

You're on the wrong sites, you using free ones? Best women are probably on Guardian Soulmates and mysinglefriend.

I'm told sites are full of deluded blokes too, social rejects with beer bellies who reckon they are fit as their favourite footballer.
LONDON, April 5, 2004 – The Rt Hon Gordon Brown, MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer, today officially opened Lehman Brothers’ new European headquarters building at 25 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London.

Commenting on the event, the Rt Hon Gordon Brown, MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer, said: “I would like to pay tribute to the contribution you and your company make to the prosperity of Britain. During its one hundred and fifty year history, Lehman Brothers has always been an innovator, financing new ideas and inventions before many others even began to realise their potential. And it is part of the greatness not just of Lehman Brothers but of the City of London, that as the world economy has opened up, you have succeeded not by sheltering your share of a small protected national market but always by striving for a greater and greater share of the growing global market.”

#4 User is offline   'Bart' 

  • I live on HPC!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 10,421
  • Joined: 21-July 08

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:09 AM

View PostTeddyBear, on 26 July 2010 - 12:13 AM, said:

social rejects with beer bellies who reckon they are fit as their favourite footballer.

In my case that's true, my favourite footballer is Gazza.

Common requirements seem to be:

Must be solvent
Must have car
Must own your own house

An intriguing set of priorities when looking for love.

#5 Guest_Noodle_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:53 AM

View PostTeddyBear, on 26 July 2010 - 12:13 AM, said:

You're on the wrong sites, you using free ones? Best women are probably on Guardian Soulmates and mysinglefriend.

I'm told sites are full of deluded blokes too, social rejects with beer bellies who reckon they are fit as their favourite footballer.


Where do I sign up?!

#6 Guest_Noodle_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:54 AM

View PostMega, on 25 July 2010 - 10:53 PM, said:

Very much what i found, BRITISH females are the worst!
French women think they are the fatest in europe, in fact they are the lightest....british women think they the lightest and are the fatest!

You must be:-
Tall dark & hamsone
Able to fight off a SS division with one hand, but be sensative to her needs
Be Rich


She is:-
Fat
lots of kids
poor
Looking for a mug

They always post photo's from the 1980's!.....................had one say the photo was "last year"......the street behind was full of XR2's & XR3's etc.

Mike


Was that a local ad though Mikey? Could've been last week.

#7 User is offline   Quagmire 

  • HPC Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 856
  • Joined: 23-July 07

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:13 AM

Certainly a lot of crap out there.

I had some success with one of these sites though (now living with her!), my advice:

1. Use a pay site.
2. Let them come to you and be choosy. Ignore the chaff.
3. Meet up in real life asap.
4. Don't go to dinner on the first date - drinks only. Easy to escape that way.
Giggity

#8 Guest_Noodle_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:16 AM

View PostQuagmire, on 26 July 2010 - 04:13 AM, said:

Certainly a lot of crap out there.

I had some success with one of these sites though (now living with her!), my advice:

1. Use a pay site.
2. Let them come to you and be choosy. Ignore the chaff.
3. Meet up in real life asap.
4. Don't go to dinner on the first date - drinks only. Easy to escape that way.


That's success? :huh:

#9 User is offline   Quagmire 

  • HPC Regular
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 856
  • Joined: 23-July 07

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:26 AM

View PostNoodle, on 26 July 2010 - 04:16 AM, said:

That's success? :huh:


:D

I do wonder at times..

If anything ever went wrong though I wouldn't bother with the whole bar scene - I'd be back online. The system works.
Giggity

#10 Guest_Noodle_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:08 AM

View PostQuagmire, on 26 July 2010 - 04:26 AM, said:

:D

I do wonder at times..

If anything ever went wrong though I wouldn't bother with the whole bar scene - I'd be back online. The system works.


I love being single and not having to have sex. Ever. It's great.

#11 User is offline   Scunnered 

  • HPC Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,473
  • Joined: 01-December 05

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

View Post'Bart, on 26 July 2010 - 01:09 AM, said:

In my case that's true, my favourite footballer is Gazza.

Common requirements seem to be:

Must be solvent
Must have car
Must own your own house


An intriguing set of priorities when looking for love.


Oh oh.
A man, a map, a canal. Anacapamanama!

#12 User is offline   General Melchett 

  • HPC Senior Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,158
  • Joined: 20-November 07

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:51 AM

View Post'Bart, on 26 July 2010 - 01:09 AM, said:

In my case that's true, my favourite footballer is Gazza.

Common requirements seem to be:

Must be solvent
Must have car
Must own your own house

An intriguing set of priorities when looking for love.



I'm all that... but I'm also married Posted Image

Seriously though, when I compare my single male friends/colleagues to my single female friends/colleagues, there does seem to be something of a 'reality gap' when it comes to the expectations on the female side. I wouldnt quite put it as harshly as Mug did, and it varies from person to person, of course, but it's along those lines.

Hey ho, not that I have to care. The women will either realize that what they are looking for is not realisitic bearing in mind what they bring to the table... or they won't. And if i were single again, Mr P's position has a certain amount of attraction.
The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

#13 User is offline   MrPin 

  • Mild Irritant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,682
  • Joined: 15-May 07

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:57 AM

View Post'Bart, on 26 July 2010 - 01:09 AM, said:

Common requirements seem to be:

Must be solvent
Must have car
Must own your own house




That's pretty serious if you let the lady have access to your car keys! :o
Ignorance can be cured! Stupidity cannot!

#14 User is offline   profitofdoom 

  • HPC Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,383
  • Joined: 02-January 09

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:58 AM

View PostGeneral Melchett, on 26 July 2010 - 09:51 AM, said:

I'm all that... but I'm also married Posted Image

Seriously though, when I compare my single male friends/colleagues to my single female friends/colleagues, there does seem to be something of a 'reality gap' when it comes to the expectations on the female side. I wouldnt quite put it as harshly as Mug did, and it varies from person to person, of course, but it's along those lines.

Hey ho, not that I have to care. The women will either realize that what they are looking for is not realisitic bearing in mind what they bring to the table... or they won't. And if i were single again, Mr P's position has a certain amount of attraction.


I am still good friends with an Ex of mine and she uses a well known dating site.Now she is quite an attractive girl but the people who she gets contact from are generally ten years older than their stated age.She has shown me some of the mails they send and men claiming to be "Professionals" don't appear to be able to spell or punctuate. Now to me this rather beggars belief,unless of course they are professional boxers who have taken a few too many hits to the head.

.

#15 User is offline   General Melchett 

  • HPC Senior Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,158
  • Joined: 20-November 07

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:28 AM

View Postprofitofdoom, on 26 July 2010 - 09:58 AM, said:

I am still good friends with an Ex of mine and she uses a well known dating site.Now she is quite an attractive girl but the people who she gets contact from are generally ten years older than their stated age.She has shown me some of the mails they send and men claiming to be "Professionals" don't appear to be able to spell or punctuate. Now to me this rather beggars belief,unless of course they are professional boxers who have taken a few too many hits to the head.

.



Yep, people lie a lot on the internet. Both sexes.

I guess I was refering to more general expectations, not viz-a-viz dating sites per se. And of course there are the exceptions to the rule on both sides.

Just an anecdote, an OK-average lass I know was recently expounding about the body shape and general appearance of man she was after, and got me thinking 'OK love, but you do know that any guy who looks like that is going to be at best gay and at worst such a narcissist that your only chance of a look-in is purely as arm-candy to show off how fabulous he is. And frankly, your not sufficiently arm-candy enough to appeal to that type of guy. So either way, you're likely to be out of luck.'
The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

  • (100 Pages) +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users