#1 anteros

anteros

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:07 PM

Hi

Dunno how many other people on here are from round this area, but I have lived here now for over 3 years, and I am noticing some reductions. Many houses sticking on the market, but the local EA's seem to overprice properties still! I am currently renting a house, 2 bed semi, the previous owner died and the daughter inherited it, had it advertised at 120k for over 18 months!! At this point the house still had single glazed windows, needed re-wiring and many other issues. So to get the place rented out the windows were done and the rewiring so it is a fairly nice place to rent.

Literally just over the road another 2 bed semi has come on the market. Absolutely insane, anyone from round this area will know that it is exactly between 2 pretty crap areas, 144k!!

Looking elsewhere round carlisle I think the message is starting to sink in, Houses are starting to drop in price, but still not shifting, so further to go yet.

Just wondering what other people feel about Carlisle and how things are changing there

#2 EvilEdna

EvilEdna

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:25 AM

Hi

Dunno how many other people on here are from round this area, but I have lived here now for over 3 years, and I am noticing some reductions. Many houses sticking on the market, but the local EA's seem to overprice properties still! I am currently renting a house, 2 bed semi, the previous owner died and the daughter inherited it, had it advertised at 120k for over 18 months!! At this point the house still had single glazed windows, needed re-wiring and many other issues. So to get the place rented out the windows were done and the rewiring so it is a fairly nice place to rent.

Literally just over the road another 2 bed semi has come on the market. Absolutely insane, anyone from round this area will know that it is exactly between 2 pretty crap areas, 144k!!

Looking elsewhere round carlisle I think the message is starting to sink in, Houses are starting to drop in price, but still not shifting, so further to go yet.

Just wondering what other people feel about Carlisle and how things are changing there

I'm also looking around Carlisle - and personally I haven't seen much downward price movement. Of course there are always the idiots who stick a house on the market at a ridiculous price and are still waiting two years down the line but I get the impression that it's one of the few places in the country where there's a genuine market - houses are actually being bought and sold.

I'm no great expert though and would value your input.

One of the things that strikes me is that there doesn't seem to have been the huge surge of new properties on the market in Carlisle in recent months that people are reporting from other points in the country. There also seems to be a marked lack of decent rental accomadation.
"Ireland stands as a shining example of the art of the possible in long-term economic policymaking, and that is why I am in Dublin: to listen and to learn."

George Osborne 2006

#3 coolman

coolman

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:57 PM

I to am looking to buy in Carlisle. Due to having a work vehicle I really need a semi detached, so I can have off road parking. I am seeing small reductions here and there but nothing startling. I dont know if we will ever see any serious reductions, but I can't hang on much longer, I really need my own place and dont want to rent. Even the repossesions that are coming on, which are few and far between arn't really bargain prices. My frustration grows more each day, and not having a partner to help with the bills is another problem. Am sure something wil turn up in the end. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Its good to know there are others in Carlisle on this forum, who feel the same.

#4 anteros

anteros

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:22 AM

I'm also looking around Carlisle - and personally I haven't seen much downward price movement. Of course there are always the idiots who stick a house on the market at a ridiculous price and are still waiting two years down the line but I get the impression that it's one of the few places in the country where there's a genuine market - houses are actually being bought and sold.

I'm no great expert though and would value your input.

One of the things that strikes me is that there doesn't seem to have been the huge surge of new properties on the market in Carlisle in recent months that people are reporting from other points in the country. There also seems to be a marked lack of decent rental accomadation.

Hi again

I personally think that the market is starting to get a little stagnant up here. Not all that much seems to be moving. Many propeties seem to have been on the market a while, and have been getting reduced slowly but surely.

I can recommend Property Bee, you can see all the history for each record, fantastic utility! If you haven't got it yet I would strongly suggest you get it!

#5 Bootsox

Bootsox

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

....I can recommend Property Bee, you can see all the history for each record, fantastic utility! If you haven't got it yet I would strongly suggest you get it!

Just to save you a bit of messing, PB only works with Firefox.

#6 EvilEdna

EvilEdna

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:45 AM

Am now seeing fewer properties on the market than a couple of months ago. This seems to be because sellers are giving up and taking properties off the market rather than there being an increase in the number of completions. Not much activity at the moment and no significant falls in asking prices :angry:

I do use property bee by the way - seems to be on its last legs though :(
"Ireland stands as a shining example of the art of the possible in long-term economic policymaking, and that is why I am in Dublin: to listen and to learn."

George Osborne 2006

#7 andybee33

andybee33

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:29 PM

Am now seeing fewer properties on the market than a couple of months ago. This seems to be because sellers are giving up and taking properties off the market rather than there being an increase in the number of completions. Not much activity at the moment and no significant falls in asking prices :angry:

I do use property bee by the way - seems to be on its last legs though :(

I tend to keep an eye on CA6 and CA8 and, although less volume there are some decent drops coming through now. Anecdotally I know some people who have taken houses off the market 'until the recovery comes' as they can't afford to sell for what they can get...

The area to the East of Carlisle is plagued with 'lifestyle' developments (e.g. the Edmond Castle horror story) with a few people underwater now as they bought right at the peak as young families trying to 'secure a nice secure environment for the children'. I feel sorry for them, genuinely. The developers totally had them - 300k for a terraced 3 bed with no front garden & little parking in a wood 4 miles from Carlisle - I mean really!!!
Andybee33
Person

Numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate

#8 EvilEdna

EvilEdna

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:18 PM

I tend to keep an eye on CA6 and CA8 and, although less volume there are some decent drops coming through now. Anecdotally I know some people who have taken houses off the market 'until the recovery comes' as they can't afford to sell for what they can get...

The area to the East of Carlisle is plagued with 'lifestyle' developments (e.g. the Edmond Castle horror story) with a few people underwater now as they bought right at the peak as young families trying to 'secure a nice secure environment for the children'. I feel sorry for them, genuinely. The developers totally had them - 300k for a terraced 3 bed with no front garden & little parking in a wood 4 miles from Carlisle - I mean really!!!

Quite agree with you about Edmond Castle

I've been following Dalston Road, and have seen lots of houses being taken off the market after sitting around kicking their heels at unrealistic asking prices for a year or two. I've got my heart set on one of the terraced houses that front onto it but there's no way I'm paying 150K for one. I've not seen any decent reductions, but then I've not seen any sales either.

George Osborne 2006

#9 Second Time Around

Second Time Around

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

Hi

Mrs STA and I are doping our research on prices across Cumbria. It's a year on from your post and I think this year we have started to see some cracks appearing. A number of bigger properties c1m-2m have been hanging around for at least 4 years. I have noticed the changes on one house which was POA for about 15 months then went to offers around 1.55m for 2 years and now, finally a drop to 1.45m. Another with vacant possession has fallen from 750k to 600k and now has advertised that it has had an offer of 499k and is asking for offers above.

I think, that finally, a few people are no longer happy to wait it out and, anticipating bigger falls coming,want to get out soon. I have no doubt that by this time next year we will be seeing more and more instances of this sort of fall in asking price and "offers 20% below" being common - and most likely - getting accepted!

However, for those who bought at top of the market and want to sell it's going to be tough times!

#10 ravenglass

ravenglass

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

Cumbria is still massively over valued.

#11 Petopan

Petopan

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:25 AM

Hi

#12 Petopan

Petopan

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:35 AM

I think it is time for the public to wake up from the hypnotic spell which was cast upon us by the regimes of the Thatcher and Reagan Administrations any years ago. They conjured up a plan to stimulate house prices to artificially high prices over 20 years ago. The reason in essence was to create economic growth.

We need economic growth but my view is that, all should benefit from economic growth and not a select few. I also believe that economic growth should be sensibly managed so it can be sustained and not grasped by the plunderers who have minds motivated with lust and greed. It would seem to me that the old chestnut of winners of losers has always been present in the extreme in terms of artificial house prices that we have become accustomed and conditioned to over the past two to three decades.

The emerging truth is that with the world economy (well the economies of UK...USA and some elements of the Euro Zone) in disarray and potential collapse, house prices should have normalised to their true values. I would have hoped for at least a 30- 50% price drop in realistic terms. The reason I personally suspect that they have not normalised is due to persistent manipulation from estate agents (aka The Army of Plunder) who saluted Thatcher and Reagan and who now raise their hands to their successors).

So let us just assume that their ploy could be to attempt to hood wink us into thinking that house prices should stay at such ludicrously high artificial levels; with the reason being to keep us maintained under their hypnotic trance and subsiquently to keep us controlled. Tales of hope that recovery will come, tales of house stock being in shortage, etc... their tales are extreme, elaborate and untrue. Ask yourself why this is! Is it to further the hypnotic control and make you believe that true value is not what it is because they fear looking their own status and wealth? Is it yet another dupe or slight of hand practice? Let's assume it is and ask why. Consider that if this is the case, by maintaining house prices at an artificially higher level in a market of economic decline, this serves to prevent sales. So why would they do this? Well it could be that the reality is that they simply do not wish for sales to happen, but why would they do this? Consider that this ploy is quite intentionally engineered, so to enable the EA's to be able to conjure up a scheme for mass rental potential and money flooding from a struggling market. Mass rental brings in revenue from people who cannot afford to buy or secure a mortgage in the present economic climate. The public are still controlled with high rents, high and ludicrously high administration costs of anything from 80 to 200 per applicant deposits, which then sit in off shore accounts gathering interest. Such costs never cease once they have you in their clutches. This is how they survive and keep money flooding into their direction.

So who are the winners? Who is being duped? Who is being conned? The answers are transparently clear!

I am not against all EA's some operate very ethically and under fair trade policies. It is the ones who are manipulating the market, hoodwinking the general populous of hard working people seeking to survive in these tough times, it is this type of EA's that I thoroughly object to.

If house prices could be allowed to drop to their normalised and true values, we the general house buying public would be able to own our own properties. OK the EA's would not get their huge commissions nor their monthly extortion's and commissions and maybe they would not get the humongous bonus and whatever flavour of company car they desire. Do I care about them...well frankly NO; but I do care about the public who are being conned, duped, lied to and treat with contempt.

Maybe it is time to awaken, to free your mind from this slavery?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users