#1 Grimbert

Grimbert

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:42 AM

Why aren't prices going down?

Actually I can prove they are in some cases, but generally prices are too high. Someone prove me wrong.

#2 fallingbuzzard

fallingbuzzard

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:44 AM

Because more people feel the need to buy than to sell

Why aren't prices going down?

Actually I can prove they are in some cases, but generally prices are too high. Someone prove me wrong.

#3 The Ayatollah Buggeri

The Ayatollah Buggeri

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

Easily commutable to high-paying public sector jobs in Leeds and the surrounding area.
Pretty, desirable city with very few chav hellholes (Tang Hall being about the only serious one).
Tourist attractions boost desirability.
Fast and relatively reliable train to London (I know someone who commutes to London daily).

Even so, I'm surprised that York was barely affected by the 2007-08 reductions, except in the very low end properties.

#4 osbaldwick

osbaldwick

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

Easily commutable to high-paying public sector jobs in Leeds and the surrounding area.
Pretty, desirable city with very few chav hellholes (Tang Hall being about the only serious one).
Tourist attractions boost desirability.
Fast and relatively reliable train to London (I know someone who commutes to London daily).

Even so, I'm surprised that York was barely affected by the 2007-08 reductions, except in the very low end properties.

Not quite sure about Tang Hall being the only Chav hellhole but York is definitely an attractive place to be.

#5 Sof

Sof

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

I've seen some higher-end (400-500k) houses in York go very quickly, one in about two weeks or less.

#6 Sof

Sof

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:22 PM

This made me smile:

http://www.rightmove...y-26894848.html

Sold in March 2009 with a lot less "fancy" interior for 200k. The PDF on rightmove says offers in region of 325k. The actual listing is less...

The owner must be in a dream world, the interior doesn't suit the type of property at all imo... Am sorely tempted to offer 100k and explain I'd want to spend a lot refurbing...

#7 Bootsox

Bootsox

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:34 AM

Easily commutable to high-paying public sector jobs in Leeds and the surrounding area...........snip

So game over then?

#8 Sof

Sof

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:12 PM

This made me smile:

http://www.rightmove...y-26894848.html

Sold in March 2009 with a lot less "fancy" interior for 200k. The PDF on rightmove says offers in region of 325k. The actual listing is less...

The owner must be in a dream world, the interior doesn't suit the type of property at all imo... Am sorely tempted to offer 100k and explain I'd want to spend a lot refurbing...

Oh what a surprise, now for sale at 275k.

90k and I may consider viewing it.

#9 Si1

Si1

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,047 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:26 PM

Oh what a surprise, now for sale at 275k.

90k and I may consider viewing it.

again for rightmove for YO1, monthly rental value unlikely more than 1000 pcm, poss a bit less

puts balanced price at about 165k, I would guess, not being closely familiar

#10 Bootsox

Bootsox

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:09 PM

original sale
2004-05-06

Apartment 11, Heron House, Brinkworth Terrace, York, YO10 3DE
Flat, Leasehold, New Build add details...

auction sale 26 May 2011

Guide Price 100,000 - 110,000
Result 127,500

11 Heron House Court
Brinkworth Terrace
North Yorkshire
YO10

Looks like a repossession.

#11 Si1

Si1

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,047 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

Posted Image

#12 Brave New World

Brave New World

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:08 AM

I look at the Harrogate side villages around York and i do see prices falling and stagnation. If you look at somehwere like Boroughbridge the place is tanking. Easingwold is no great shakes neither - all circa 10% down from peak and cuts being the order of the day.

#13 FloraPoste

FloraPoste

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

I look at the Harrogate side villages around York and i do see prices falling and stagnation. If you look at somehwere like Boroughbridge the place is tanking. Easingwold is no great shakes neither - all circa 10% down from peak and cuts being the order of the day.

I'm looking at Malton and villages to the north and east of York and I'm seeing a lot fewer delusional prices, and a lot of the vendors who have been on the market over a year at high prices are reducing (and chasing the market down).

#14 FloraPoste

FloraPoste

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:12 PM

some of the big cuts are just a measure of the massive delusion the vendors had in the first place, though. I would love to see a local version of the Delusion Index - wonder how it compares with national.

#15 The Ayatollah Buggeri

The Ayatollah Buggeri

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:48 PM

I visit a friend in Helperby quite frequently and have noticed a gradual uptick of for sale boards going up and staying up over the last 2-3 months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users