12 replies to this topic

#1 neilrich

neilrich

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:18 PM

Apologies, but so astonished am I by the pure greed, I believe the following deserves a thread of its very own, so that we can watch it over the coming months, and years.

Flat 2, Howard House - 43 Elmfield Road, Gosforth
If my memory serves me right, then the above flat was for sale with Sanderson Young for most of 2009, listed at a price of £198k. Good location, but the flat was pretty bland with white walls and wooden floors. It was never worth £198k!! :lol:

Anyhow it SOLD in November for £152k
03/11/2009 £152,000 Flat 2, Howard House, 43, Elmfield Road, Gosforth, NE3 4BA

However it's back, again listed with Sanderson Young, it re-appeared end of last week without pictures listed at £310k! :o Today the photos have been added and the price adjusted to £299k. It does not look much different, the walls are still painted white, perhaps a new oak floor, and some chandeliers! The kitchen looks weird, not what you'd expect in a victorian villa, I guess they found it in the B&Q SALE! :lol:

£150k premium over just three months, and for what? :lol:

Edited by neilrich, 16 February 2010 - 08:28 PM.

#2 righttoleech

righttoleech

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:28 PM

Unbelievabubble. Must be a very clever pwoperdy developer. Bad luck to them.

#3 stuckmojo

stuckmojo

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,299 posts
  • About Me:Metal, food, wine, computer games

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:15 AM

No doubt some of the young professional couples on 80k each will snap it up straight away. If you don't buy now, you'll miss the boat.

What a farce.
<!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro--><a href="http://idiotswallet.....blogspot.com/" target="_blank">My Blog on Finance, Property and Wine. </a><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

http://www.petitiono...e/petition.html

#4 Quokka

Quokka

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:12 PM

150k premium over just three months, and for what? :lol:

Chandeliers in every room of course,,, :lol:

#5 neilrich

neilrich

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:56 PM

Apologies, but so astonished am I by the pure greed, I believe the following deserves a thread of its very own, so that we can watch it over the coming months, and years.

Flat 2, Howard House - 43 Elmfield Road, Gosforth
If my memory serves me right, then the above flat was for sale with Sanderson Young for most of 2009, listed at a price of 198k. Good location, but the flat was pretty bland with white walls and wooden floors. It was never worth 198k!! :lol:

Anyhow it SOLD in November for 152k
03/11/2009 152,000 Flat 2, Howard House, 43, Elmfield Road, Gosforth, NE3 4BA

However it's back, again listed with Sanderson Young, it re-appeared end of last week without pictures listed at 310k! :o Today the photos have been added and the price adjusted to 299k. It does not look much different, the walls are still painted white, perhaps a new oak floor, and some chandeliers! The kitchen looks weird, not what you'd expect in a victorian villa, I guess they found it in the B&Q SALE! :lol:

150k premium over just three months, and for what? :lol:

The price is up and down like a yo-yo, 24 hours on and the price has been adjusted upwards back to 310k! Like I said, astonished by the pure greed!

#6 jaynewcastle

jaynewcastle

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:46 PM

People can ask whatever they want for their properties as far as I'm concerned. If they can find someone daft enough to pay the price, then fair enough.

#7 geordieskin

geordieskin

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:53 PM

IMHO gosforth is not even that good, its only "posh" because its in rough as ****** newcastle!gosforth high school is drugs central.

#8 meow

meow

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:41 PM

IMHO gosforth is not even that good, its only "posh" because its in rough as ****** newcastle!gosforth high school is drugs central.

Yes people who live there do say it's posh...
MEOW - Mortgage Equity Over Withdrawal

A woman phoned in today to say there was a house price crash coming, don't worry, there isn't....

#9 jaynewcastle

jaynewcastle

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

Compared to most of Tyneside, Gosforth is a pretty decent area

#10 meow

meow

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:09 AM

Compared to most of Tyneside, Gosforth is a pretty decent area

I don't think you're negating my statement much

I think my problem is more that a lot of Gosforth sure as hell doesn't "look" as well to do as it apparently is.
MEOW - Mortgage Equity Over Withdrawal

A woman phoned in today to say there was a house price crash coming, don't worry, there isn't....

#11 ExecutiveSlaveBox

ExecutiveSlaveBox

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:38 PM

I don't think you're negating my statement much

I think my problem is more that a lot of Gosforth sure as hell doesn't "look" as well to do as it apparently is.

Gosforth most certainly would not meet my definition of posh/affluent. It's main advantages are, it isn't benwell and isn't overrun by students (Jesmond) hence prime real estate for all the *hard working aspirational families* of tyneside.

Some parts of Jesmond and Tynemouth might be gettting closer to my definition but it's all relative, we ain't talking Chelsea & Kensington here.

#12 neilrich

neilrich

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:20 PM

Think this is now on to its third agent. The price has now been reduced to 250k.

#13 exiges

exiges

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

Think this is now on to its third agent. The price has now been reduced to 250k.

Only another 100k to go then !
Constant growth the cancerous cure, a swarming race of profiteers ensure cheap cars for the rich, cheap lives for the poor, cheap weeks in the sun, free drinks at the door. Puerile propaganda plugs up the TV, keep folk following the money so they'll never be free.

Bankrupt schools grind out fool after fool then feed them to a system where idiots rule. Polling booths, phone votes, bogus questionnaires, you get a say as if anybody cares. Joe Public doesn't want to play so liquidate his life as he looks the other way.

Should you stand and fight, should you die for what you think is right so your useless contribution will be remembered? If you're asking me I say no, surrender -- Author: Justin Currie - Song video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users