5 replies to this topic

#1 jaynewcastle

jaynewcastle

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

Anybody know much about the area & what its like to live there?, there seem to be some quite reasonably priced 2 & 3 bed semis up for sale which look quite decent, ie not ex-council. Any particular good streets, and bad areas to avoid there. Any thoughts/comments much appreciated.

#2 Wad

Wad

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

Wow! I have not posted on HPC for 10 months and the first post I click on is about the area my parents in law live in.

Best streets are as follows.

Forest Avenue, Granville Drive is OK. Northmberland Avenue and uptowards Benton is quite nice and puts you in the catchement for nice primary school called St Bartholomew's.

Keep away for Palmersville area.

#3 jaynewcastle

jaynewcastle

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:15 AM

Thanks for your reply Wad. As the only one who's interested & knows the area, is Forest Hall essentially private housing, with the council end down towards Palmersville ?. As a regular Metro user, I know Palmersville is not a good area, simply by some of the people who get on/off there

#4 PhoneyMcRingRing

PhoneyMcRingRing

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:18 PM

Hi,

Yes Palmersville is not a great station. So be at the other end to that. Some nice new housing near Palmersville, but unfortunately it's near Palmersville ;-)
"But now the guy's got to come up with Paulie's money every week. No matter what.
Business bad? F*ck you, pay me.
Oh, you had a fire? F*ck you, pay me.
The place got hit by lightning, huh? F*ck you, pay me."

#5 ruthyk

ruthyk

HPC Poster

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:05 AM

My delinquent teenage daughter informs me that the area around Rocket Way isnt great. That's where she likes to hang out......

Weve been looking in the area- the south and west looks nicest. Round Studley Villas, Granville Way etc.

#6 Hilt

Hilt

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:52 PM

Hi,
Yes Palmersville is not a great station. So be at the other end to that. Some nice new housing near Palmersville, but unfortunately it's near Palmersville ;-)

My wife and I are returning to England from Spain in about 2 months time. We are "clocking on a bit" at nearly 70 and are looking for a detached 3 or 4 bedroom house or 3 bedrom bungalow, within easy walking distance of a Metro station or Bus Terminus / station.

Forest Gate is in a great position adjacent to Palmersville Metro Station and just a short walk to the big Asda supermarket.
We had short listed this small estate but I am having second thoughts after reading this. Is it really that bad near to Palmersville?

Northumberland Park is also under serious consideration but we don't like the pylons, not just for their appearance, but because I am a ham radio station operator and electrical interference could be a problem to reception.

Killingworth and Cramlington also have potential for us.

I lived in Ravenswood Close, Forest hall, between 1968 and 1987 (Studley Villas area) and found it OK but our needs were different then as we had 2 young kids who are now in their 40's.

We would prefer to buy, rather than rent, but we are un-nerved at the likelihood of prices dropping rapidly after we have bought. We will have cash so will be looking for a good discount off asking prices.

Hylton Thompson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users