• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some Suggestions

#1 User is offline   Goat 

• HPC livestock
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:43 PM

Could we have separate house price crash and politics/economics forums; the main forum seems to be house price free, which is a bit daft given the name of the site.

Also merge some of the less used forums. A single investment forum and a single "about HPC.co.uk" forum would make more sense.
Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware - anon 1523AD

Told you - Young Goat December 2007AD

We are all waking up to the reality that our houses aren't worth what we thought they were. - David Willetts MP 15 March 2011.

Join today: British Goat Society

#2 User is online   Timm 

• Black Horse Apocalypse
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:20 PM

View PostGoat, on 08 January 2010 - 12:43 PM, said:

Could we have separate house price crash and politics/economics forums; the main forum seems to be house price free, which is a bit daft given the name of the site.

Also merge some of the less used forums. A single investment forum and a single "about HPC.co.uk" forum would make more sense.

From a selfish point of view, I don't agree. I know what house prices are doing, I'm more interested in what they will do in the future. Forecasting this is almost impossible, but I do find that looking at the PPE environment helps.

I can see that the current main page would put a lot of newbies off though - it is all a bit mad. Perhaps a compromise would be for some of the current pinned topics to be replaced with active house price topics. I'd be happy for mods to move these threads in and out of the pinned section according to how relevent they appeared. Then a first time browser would see the hot housing topics of the day, with other in depth / mad cap exploration of the wider evironment immediatly below.

I support your second point. There are too many sub forums, and this makes people less willing to venture away from the main forum. Elsewhere for many, there be dragons...
Less credit - more money.

And I beheld a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a days wages, and three measures of barley for a days wages; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

#3 User is offline   Goat 

• HPC livestock
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:46 PM

I agree the PPE is useful and interesting but it does tend to drown anything HPC related out.

Maybe I'm paranoid but I can't help but wonder if some of it is stealth trolling.
Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware - anon 1523AD

Told you - Young Goat December 2007AD

We are all waking up to the reality that our houses aren't worth what we thought they were. - David Willetts MP 15 March 2011.

Join today: British Goat Society

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users