10 replies to this topic

#1 MattW

MattW

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

I've been meaning to snap this for the last 2 weeks...

Posted Image
80 GOOD HOMES...

A block of council flats sold off to a private developer. The land behind the flats was industrial and is supposed to be getting redeveloped. 2 new office blocks went up (occupied by DEFRA) as did a proper access road to the left of the picture.

I guess with the economy grinding down to a snail's pace, the new homes promised on the site have not materialised. :( Most of these are due to be private with about 60 or so of these to be affordable homes.

As you can probably imagine, these places have been broken into through the windows (as if just bricking up the doorways was going to stop 'em! ), squatting and drug taking. :blink:

I'd love to buy the person who wrote the message a drink. As Ian Dury once said: 'What a waste!' :angry:
Insecure Tenant

#2 Tonkers

Tonkers

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts
  • About Me:Music and that

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

I've been meaning to snap this for the last 2 weeks...

Posted Image
80 GOOD HOMES...

A block of council flats sold off to a private developer. The land behind the flats was industrial and is supposed to be getting redeveloped. 2 new office blocks went up (occupied by DEFRA) as did a proper access road to the left of the picture.

I guess with the economy grinding down to a snail's pace, the new homes promised on the site have not materialised. :( Most of these are due to be private with about 60 or so of these to be affordable homes.

As you can probably imagine, these places have been broken into through the windows (as if just bricking up the doorways was going to stop 'em! ), squatting and drug taking. :blink:

I'd love to buy the person who wrote the message a drink. As Ian Dury once said: 'What a waste!' :angry:

Where are these? They should be occupied by shortlife housing association tenants

#3 non frog

non frog

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:33 AM

Where are these? ...

Capital assets. What's all this "homes" drivel by you communists?

#4 Guest_KingCharles1st_*

Guest_KingCharles1st_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:47 AM

Also, the further they are allowed to deteriorate- the more the argument to pull them down and build some really shit 1 /2 bed rubbish

#5 MattW

MattW

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

Its OK now - this block got pulled down in December and January. :) Plenty of needles and other shit were found inside, quite predictably. :rolleyes:

The old printworks behind it are being redeveloped into new office blocks and the old council flats will be replaced with Housing Association and private flats. It might take some time for these to materialise though.
Insecure Tenant

#6 Frank Hovis

Frank Hovis

4 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,468 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

Where are these? They should be occupied by shortlife housing association tenants

I doubt they would have been up to the allowable standard for a HA to take them on. They certainly don't look it.
High house prices - wrecking economies worldwide since 2003

#7 MattW

MattW

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:47 AM

I didn't answer the question - these places were on the edge of Norwich City Centre. :)
Insecure Tenant

#8 Tonkers

Tonkers

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts
  • About Me:Music and that

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:18 PM

I doubt they would have been up to the allowable standard for a HA to take them on. They certainly don't look it.

With Shortlife the standards are a lot lower, I had to build the bathroom and kitchen in the one I am in now, as there was none...

#9 Homeless2010

Homeless2010

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

address please, so I'll bring them down to 79... :)

#10 Homeless2010

Homeless2010

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

Its OK now - this block got pulled down in December and January. :) Plenty of needles and other shit were found inside, quite predictably. :rolleyes:

eeewwwwwww YUK!!

I take that back, better live in the jungle that near drug users!

#11 MattW

MattW

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

Hello, Homeless2010.

Address is Barrack Street, Norwich (south of the road, north of the river), NR3

The needles, etc have gone. Alas, so have the flats - its just a pile of rubble now. I imagine the new flats will be built on that site next year.
Insecure Tenant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users