Lepista

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,497 posts
  • About Me:A 60% falls from peak bear.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

Great start to the day up 1.01.

Lucky with the 1 as it was on the main road, needed a large gap to safely retrieve it.

So, since July 2009, how much have you found in total....? Do you have a breakdown of the finds: denominations, and locations....?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing sedates rationality like large doses of effortless money. After a heady experience of that kind, normally sensible behaviour drift into behaviour akin to that of Cinderella at the ball. They know that overstaying the festivities...will eventually bring on pumpkins and mice. But they nevertheless hate to miss a single minute of what is a helluva party. Therefore, the giddy participants all plan to leave just seconds before midnight. There's a problem, though: They are dancing in a room in which the clocks have no hands."

My favorite post ever:
By Ruffles the Guinea Pig

#137 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,123 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

So, since July 2009, how much have you found in total....? Do you have a breakdown of the finds: denominations, and locations....?

Nope, I got fed up of recording what I found, plus I ended up putting any loose change in the pot that I had.

Although I think barring finding notes I probably find as much as rantnrave about 50-60 a year. Getting notes if your lucky really boosts that total and can really skew the figures. In 2 days I once found 50 that doesn't happen too often, notes wise I've managed to find over 100 since I started this thread.

So mortgage wise I've paid off at least 200 doing this, which I don't think is too bad a return.
Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your 100k house would be worth 1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

Posted Image

#138 rantnrave

rantnrave

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

I usually find pennies more than anything else, then 5ps.
Next up are 20ps and 2ps
Then, 10ps and coins
Finally, 2 coins and 50ps are very rare.
I guess this corresponds more with the size of the coins rather than their direct value.
I find a note once a year on average. In 2011 it was a tenner on the floor in a supermarket. In 2010 it was a fiver in the street. You remember those moments :D

#139 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

Ripened on the Diversity Vine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,327 posts
  • About Me:Im Bloo yabba dee yabba die.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

I usually find pennies more than anything else, then 5ps.
Next up are 20ps and 2ps
Then, 10ps and coins
Finally, 2 coins and 50ps are very rare.
I guess this corresponds more with the size of the coins rather than their direct value.
I find a note once a year on average. In 2011 it was a tenner on the floor in a supermarket. In 2010 it was a fiver in the street. You remember those moments :D

failing to take reasonable steps to trace the owner is a crime.
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you
do not keep up repayments
on a gilt or other loan secured on it

#140 juvenal

juvenal

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,438 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

http://your-story.or...ch-year-194740/

57 million lost each year in the UK. I find that very reassuring news...
'And while I live, no fool or noble knave
Shall walk this world, in credit, to his grave..'

'The pension system has been a very nice gravy train for all of those involved except for those paying into it.'

'Let's see if we can get it for the asking price..' Kirstie Allsop

"Be under no illusion. You will not escape the net..." S'rAlan Sugar

Sex, drugs and sausage rolls...

The House of Lords: 'The Ermine Vermin....'

#141 rantnrave

rantnrave

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

That's my target this year then.

#142 Bloo Loo

Bloo Loo

Ripened on the Diversity Vine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,327 posts
  • About Me:Im Bloo yabba dee yabba die.

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

Government must compensate losers in this case...thats 1% of GDP FFS
WARNING

Your
country is at risk
if you
do not keep up repayments
on a gilt or other loan secured on it

#143 jay67

jay67

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

I'm very impressed with some of the above amounts found! I started totting up found money after reading a thread on MSE; my totals are:

2006: 33p
2007: 11-38p
2008: 2-15p
2009: 12-28p
2010: 44p
2011: 73p
2012: so far 12p

The two 'high' years were because I found a tenner in each..one in the street,and the other in Forbuoys newsagents. Almost all the found coins were coppers and 5p's.

#144 juvenal

juvenal

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,438 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

I'm very impressed with some of the above amounts found! I started totting up found money after reading a thread on MSE; my totals are:

The two 'high' years were because I found a tenner in each..one in the street,and the other in Forbuoys newsagents. Almost all the found coins were coppers and 5p's.

Good marks for persistence, but cash returns should be stronger. Can rantnrave or interestrateripoff give a few tips to this poster, please?

'The pension system has been a very nice gravy train for all of those involved except for those paying into it.'

#145 rantnrave

rantnrave

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

Good marks for persistence, but cash returns should be stronger. Can rantnrave or interestrateripoff give a few tips to this poster, please?

You have to be pro-active - I walk up the steps to my local Co-op but down the ramp on the way out - cover all angles!

Know where to look - supermarket self-service tills are very good places to start. Bus stops are another possibility.

Keep your eyes looking on the ground whenever you go out - if necessary, relocate to an area where the women are really ugly...

#146 juvenal

juvenal

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,438 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

You have to be pro-active - I walk up the steps to my local Co-op but down the ramp on the way out - cover all angles!

Know where to look - supermarket self-service tills are very good places to start. Bus stops are another possibility.

Keep your eyes looking on the ground whenever you go out - if necessary, relocate to an area where the women are really ugly...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#147 jay67

jay67

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:11 AM

Thanks for that..hadn't thought of self-service tills.(Don't need to relocate though; I already live in Stockport! :blink: )

#148 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,123 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

Clearly not trying hard enough. :P Do you walk a lot? Walking too and from the shops can generate the cash.

You need to train your vision better so you can spot that 1p or 2p at a couple of metres in the grass :) , plus you have to be prepared to look at something which might not be money and be disappointed ie it's a bottle top, a party popper top etc... The more you look the more you will find. Check the kerbside and roads, I find lots of money dropped here. Generally I find the lighter days more profitable. It's harder to spot money in the dark, that takes even better eyesight. I don't think you are ready for that advance stage yet. :)
Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your 100k house would be worth 1.38bn in 100 years

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

Posted Image

#149 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,123 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

Fecking amateur :P

For the well trained eye there's always the time to check out anyone attractive. :)

Posted Image

#150 fluffy666

fluffy666

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,187 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

failing to take reasonable steps to trace the owner is a crime.

Oh, that's easy.. lying down a a few feet away with a big bump on the back of his head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users