#3 deadman

deadman

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

Very good isn't it?

I just love that property developer digging holes for himself.

:lol:
[

#4 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,222 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:14 PM

Good on FP - why doesn't he post much, if at all, on here these days? Did I miss something?
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#5 slurms mackenzie

slurms mackenzie

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

Good on FP - why doesn't he post much, if at all, on here these days? Did I miss something?

He's around, but he tries to stay out of arguments on the main forum. Possibly because he has more a public profile, possibly because he was getting too worked up when he was posting.
you can stick your strong pound where it belongs, right up your **se!

#6 Converted Lurker

Converted Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,999 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

He's around, but he tries to stay out of arguments on the main forum. Possibly because he has more a public profile, possibly because he was getting too worked up when he was posting.

Nope, it's because his ill founded predictions, on where the major indices were headed, were so *offside* he did a rumpelstiltskin and now skulks around a sub forum in the financial section were those with superior knowledge no longer question him/expose his lack of experience...

He hasn't held up his hands to say how spectacularly wrong he was, just 'changed' his mid term predictions and now (as of last week/2 weeks) expects market crashes, no gold going to $3,000 per ounce, no DOW at 15,000 (10,500 by Feb if we recall correctly - the nob)...

TBH and IMHO the guy has major issues, but yes sticking to the one trick pony appearances 'doom-mongering' on house prices suits him, albeit it's old hat now....

Edited by Converted Lurker, 01 March 2009 - 08:24 PM.

Propaganda is to a democracy what violence is to a dictatorship

#7 hotairmail

hotairmail

Tired of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,486 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:32 PM

Nope, it's because his ill founded predictions, on where the major indices were headed, were so *offside* he did a rumpelstiltskin and now skulks around a sub forum in the financial section were those with superior knowledge no longer question him/expose his lack of experience...

He hasn't held up his hands to say how spectacularly wrong he was, just 'changed' his mid term predictions and now (as of last week/2 weeks) expects market crashes, no gold going to $3,000 per ounce, no DOW at 15,000 (10,500 by Feb if we recall correctly - the nob)...

TBH and IMHO the guy has major issues, but yes sticking to the one trick pony appearances 'doom-mongering' on house prices suits him, albeit it's old hat now....

Harsh....

but fair.

"The chicken is radiating disorder out into the wider universe."

#8 grumpy-old-man-returns

grumpy-old-man-returns

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

:D

#9 grey shark

grey shark

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

Are you looking for a fight ?? I knew it , this has been brewing for months .......

Yes spotted elsewhere chatting to old bobble hat .

#10 Giordano Bruno

Giordano Bruno

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

There was a recent thread where fp was quite severely criticized and called names a la hpc. I wouldn't feel like posting much after that. There were about 3 main criticizisms made against him.

----------------- ********************** -----------------

Regarding QE I think that Fiat Money Inflation in France is worth a read.

Property prices only ever go up ... except, of course, when they stay the same or when they come down.

You can go wrong with bricks and mortar.

The banksters need their lovely fat bonuses. The taxpayer has to pay.
Never mind, Taxpayer. Think of it as an exercise in generosity.

Profits will be privatized and losses will be socialized. - Thanks a bunch!

For educated opinion on the Kercher murder case, please read 'Injustice in Perugia' by Bruce Fisher and 'The Monster of Perugia' by Mark Waterbury.
RIP Meredith Kercher.

Friends of Amanda Knox

#11 Converted Lurker

Converted Lurker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,999 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:22 PM

There was a recent thread where fp was quite severely criticized and called names a la hpc. I wouldn't feel like posting much after that. There were about 3 main criticizisms made against him.

The guys calling him a charlatan and a fraud maybe had their reasons, I'd just label him as hopelessly out of his depth in terms of knowledge on the *investment* advice he preports to offer <_<
Propaganda is to a democracy what violence is to a dictatorship

#12 jonjo

jonjo

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:26 PM

The 15000 DOW by the end of June 09 prediction still makes me laugh - oh yeah and the 2003 peak of the house price boom - LAME-O

#13 libspero

libspero

Frijolero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:28 PM

I think we would all like to see him post here again. I don't think he should get special dispensation against being teased for his predictions and for throwing his toy out though.. he should just come back and take it like a man ;)

And I tell you we have learned from past mistakes.
Just as you cannot spend your way out of recession, you cannot, in a global economy, simply spend your way through recovery either.

(Gordon Brown, Labour Party Annual Conference, 29 September 1997)

So, housing affordability is better than it has ever been, but no-one can take advantage of this because they can't afford the houses. I see.
cybernoid - 7th August 2010

Gambling promises the poor what property promises the rich - something for nothing
George Bernard Shaw

#14 grey shark

grey shark

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:34 PM

I think we would all like to see him post here again. I don't think he should get special dispensation against being teased for his predictions and for throwing his toy out though.. he should just come back and take it like a man ;)

FP clearly has his own agenda as we all do , and was/is a good spokesman for HPC but is also his own worse enemy imo ,
if he started to post regularly on here again it would only be days if not hours before another bun fight started :)

Edited by grey shark, 01 March 2009 - 09:34 PM.

#15 endgame

endgame

HPC Regular

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:35 PM

Its easy to fault others. What were your predictions? FP predicted gold would rally through the winter months, which it has. He predicted in the media, falls in house prices that others scoffed at. They proved very accurate. I thought we were on the same "side" of this whole debate, except the trolls obviously. I made a fortune from the advice of ones like FP and I'm grateful.

Edited by endgame, 01 March 2009 - 09:41 PM.

"We are all doomed - some more doomed than others" Pluto 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users