House Price Crash Forum

Price Per Sq Ft

HOLA441

I have been trawling the internet to try and find some data that will indicate the cost per square foot for property in the area.

To date I haven't had any luck and I am having to put my own data together which is proving somewhat inconclusive.

Does anyone know of where this kind of data may be found?

Thanks

HOLA442
HOLA443

'The area'?

It's a pretty big area. What are your goals?

Specifically I am looking at the Selby area but data broken down into towns, cities or postcodes would be great!

I have been looking at houses in the Selby area and some smaller (quarter) houses seem to be on the market for a higher cost per sq ft than terraced and semi detached houses.

I have seen some quotes on the internet that state this but no data on the actual percentages.

Thanks

HOLA444

'The area'?

It's a pretty big area. What are your goals?

Specifically I am looking at the Selby area but data broken down into towns, cities or postcodes would be great!

I have been looking at houses in the Selby area and some smaller (quarter) houses seem to be on the market for a higher cost per sq ft than terraced and semi detached houses.

I have seen some quotes on the internet that state this but no data on the actual percentages.

Thanks

HOLA445

I have been trawling the internet to try and find some data that will indicate the cost per square foot for property in the area.

To date I haven't had any luck and I am having to put my own data together which is proving somewhat inconclusive.

Does anyone know of where this kind of data may be found?

Thanks

Buildstore.co.uk

• 5 weeks later...
HOLA446

I can't help with Selby specifically, but expect it to be lower than North Yorkshire locations as the area is not significantly attractive and has flood problems.

Last time I was looking actively (2012) asking prices for detached properties in good locations were in the range £180 to £250 per sq ft based on the asking price. The higher figure was usually dreamers aspirational figure or a particularly magnificent property.

I used the properties EPC internal area figure (sq metre) and divided the asking price to get the ppsm, roughly divide by 10 to get the ppsf.

You can get more accurate prices by comparing sold prices to the original epc int area data (although 1) it does take some time and 2) Internal area is not always 100% accurate and does not include external or unheated areas such as detached garages). Once you have viewed a few it all makes sense.

A house with a particularly large garden will push the price up too.