House Price Crash Forum

Life On The Breadline: Welcome To The World Of Britain's Working Poor

HOLA441

That was the plan in 2007 but now its 2012 and 4/5 years has passed.

Things aren't looking up.

Why should it? Why the expectation? Most people live and work in a struggling manner for much of their lives. Why should anyone, including us on this forum, expect any different?

That TPTB have stolen all the wealth from us is neither here nor there. That is not new, and is not going to change.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Why should it? Why the expectation? Most people live and work in a struggling manner for much of their lives. Why should anyone, including us on this forum, expect any different?

That TPTB have stolen all the wealth from us is neither here nor there. That is not new, and is not going to change.

Classic political strategy, promise the serfs jam tomorrow...... :angry:

HOLA443

Most people live and work in a struggling manner for much of their lives. Why should anyone, including us on this forum, expect any different?

Because with modern agricultural and construction methods, it actually takes very little effort to feed and house a person for their entire lifespan. The only reason it seems so difficult is that rentiers are doing a great job of charging large rents on top of what it would cost to meet people's basic needs.

HOLA444

Because with modern agricultural and construction methods, it actually takes very little effort to feed and house a person for their entire lifespan. The only reason it seems so difficult is that rentiers are doing a great job of charging large rents on top of what it would cost to meet people's basic needs.

Hmmmm, your argument will have been used in Roman times. Nothing has changed since then.

HOLA445

Exactly. I wasn't the one with the faith.

It wasn't my plan btw, it was the post I was replying to. I at least only bite off what I can chew at any particular time.

Edited by SeeYouNextTuesday

HOLA446
HOLA447

Personally, I'm just twisted and bitter in relation to the ludicrous benefits system we have and don't take any opinion on people purely because they take advantage of it.

It would be more than noble to reject a few hundred quid a month when it would mean you can't compete in the housing market (buying or rental) and your family will suffer.

I would just like to see a situation where people earn enough to get by, without needing some kind of bizarre state-sponsored equalisation based on how many children you can have, responsibly or otherwise.

Exactly.

Don't hate the people

Hate the system.

And the system that enslaves people in poverty and lines the pockets of the rich is.....

The Welfare State.

Not sure how long it will take the masses to realise this though

:blink:

HOLA448
HOLA449

Hmmmm, your argument will have been used in Roman times. Nothing has changed since then.

a major error of the roman empire was that they placed fluffy arty social--idealised subjects above sciences engineering and economics, in importance, hence they didn't take the failing of their econpomy as they over-exploited their farmlands to destruction without improving their economies efficiency to cope with increased demand