House Price Crash Forum

Immigration To Take Up The Slack

laurejon

HOLA441

It is detailed in a report that in the next 20 years 1 in three households will be immigrants. Thats a third of the UK's entire property stock over just two decades. Now that has to have a marked affect on property rescources and will ensure that a houseprice crash is a thing of the past. Its just a shame that many FTB'er will have to compete with the new arrivals who have shown a much better ability at adapting to the situation of high property prices.

A former Home Office minister has called for an independent body to be set up to monitor UK immigration.

Barbara Roche said an organisation should monitor and publish figures and be independent of government.

She said this would counter "so-called independent" groups like Migration Watch, which she described as an anti-immigration body posing as independent.

Migration Watch says it is not against all immigration and the government already publishes accurate figures.

Sir Andrew Green, chairman of the organisation, says there is no need for an independent body because Office of National Statistics data are accurate.

He says he opposes large-scale immigration "both on the grounds of overcrowding and culture".

Migration Watch comes into this debate from an anti-immigration point of view

Barbara Roche

Labour MP

He said: "For example, over the next 20 years one household in three will be due to immigration.

"We are already more overcrowded than India and we are four times more overcrowded than France."

Ms Roche, Labour MP for Hornsey and Wood Green, believes legal migration is something we should welcome.

She said her proposals mean "we wouldn't have so-called independent experts, like Migration Watch, who come into this debate from an anti-immigration point of view."

She went on: "What I would like to see is there being a body which actually looked at the figures, published them, and was independent of government.

"I think that would go a long way to allaying some of the fears that are sometimes whipped up during this debate."

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

According to government statistics UK population will increase by about 10% to 65 million over the next 25 years.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/population/Story...,594319,00.html

The present net population growth rate is about 0.4% per year.

Although such an increase could have some small effect on housing in the long run I can't myself believe that this will have any effect on the coming house price crash.

HOLA443

Immigrants coming to UK have no money to buy anything …especially a house …and 50% of their earnings they will send back to their families to support them. :)

You are wasting your time dreaming about houses going up. They are going down. :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA444
HOLA445
Have you been to London recently?.

Or are you David Blunkett?.

No I am not D.B.

Russian mafia yes. They have money… a lot of money.

Young educated kids from Poland looking for new life, opportunities and money to help their families back in Poland, they will “not†spend any money on over inflated UK house prices. :P

They will rather buy a house in their own country. If we can do it, they can do it even cheaper. :lol::lol::lol:

They might settle in uk, but they are going to send their hard earning cash overseas.

It will take years for them to save for any deposit to buy a house here. B)

HOLA446
HOLA447

Seems to me that 1 in 3 people are already illegal immigrants. Let's hope the mortgage people understand their dialect, because I haven't got a ****ing clue what language half of them are mumbling on in. Time to leave the country when 1 in 3 people aren't paying tax and can't speak English. Australia has the best idea - no tolerance.

HOLA448
Seems to me that 1 in 3 people are already illegal immigrants. Let's hope the mortgage people understand their dialect, because I haven't got a ****ing clue what language half of them are mumbling on in. Time to leave the country when 1 in 3 people aren't paying tax and can't speak English. Australia has the best idea - no tolerance.

You make me laugh Xurbia. You are talking about emigrating to Australia in the same breath as opposing immigration here. Both cannot be correct, can they?. Also about non-tolerance of Australia, this is the news item from Migration news, Australia: Non-tolerant! :P:P:P

Quoting:

For the first time since the Howard Government came to power, migrants from Britain and Ireland have outstripped those from Southeast Asia.

Settlers from English-speaking nations accounted for almost half the 111,000 new migrants in Australia last year, compared with just 37 per cent when the Howard Government took office in March 1996. New Immigration Department figures reveal an extraordinary increase in the total number of migrants from Britain and Ireland settling in Australia in the past two years, with the numbers jumping from 8749 in 2001-02 to 18,272 in 2003-04. This compared with 16,799 migrants arriving last year from Southeast Asian nations, including Vietnam, The Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia.

HOLA449
You make me laugh Xurbia. You are talking about emigrating to Australia in the same breath as opposing immigration here. Both cannot be correct, can they?. Also about non-tolerance of Australia, this is the news item from Migration news, Australia: Non-tolerant! :P  :P  :P

Quoting:

For the first time since the Howard Government came to power, migrants from Britain and Ireland have outstripped those from Southeast Asia.

Settlers from English-speaking nations accounted for almost half the 111,000 new migrants in Australia last year, compared with just 37 per cent when the Howard Government took office in March 1996. New Immigration Department figures reveal an extraordinary increase in the total number of migrants from Britain and Ireland settling in Australia in the past two years, with the numbers jumping from 8749 in 2001-02 to 18,272 in 2003-04. This compared with 16,799 migrants arriving last year from Southeast Asian nations, including Vietnam, The Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia.

Funnily enough the two do go hand in hand! Why would any erudite middle-class tax-payer want to support a sinking ship of illiterate illegal immigrants? At least I will add value to the Auz economy if I decide to go there. Why do you think so many people are leaving this country along with all the equity from their houses?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Visiting London is like going abroad to an alien land. I was really shocked at the change in the city since I last visited it in 1983. I believe that our self-serving politicians must have a very coloured perspective of what the larger bulk of England is like by working in that city. I for one have no wish to live in an England that they are attempting to engineer. This smug, comfortable and fattening government must be flung out at the general election or we will regret it at our leisure. These oxbridge educated career politicians seem to hold the bulk of the English population in the utmost contempt. Make them pay.

HOLA4414

Settlers from English-speaking nations accounted for almost half the 111,000 new migrants in Australia last year, compared with just 37 per cent when the Howard Government took office in March 1996. New Immigration Department figures reveal an extraordinary increase in the total number of migrants from Britain and Ireland settling in Australia in the past two years, with the numbers jumping from 8749 in 2001-02 to 18,272 in 2003-04. This compared with 16,799 migrants arriving last year from Southeast Asian nations, including Vietnam, The Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia

The reasons behind their thinking are simple. I lived in Oz during 1998-2000 and there was much fuss about Pauline Hanson. She was labelled a racist as she exposed the failures of the Australian Immigration Service that had at that time positively discriminated against the British.

Several reports were published that clearly showed that the average immigrant other than British Citizens were costing the Australian Taxpayer $100,000 dollars for the first three years and then reducing. It was also identified that those of middle eastern origin had massive unemployment rates particularly those from the Lebanon. The Australians then questioned the validity of the entrance procedure and found that the so called skill in demand entrance system was easily abused. Many newcomers spoke no English whatsoever and did not possess the skills on their applications.

As a result of this the whole service of DIMA was tightened up and the points system strictly enforced. Take a look at the points system and now it can be seen that the points are stacked in favour of those who speak english mother toungue and have key skills. This has quite rightly excluded those that have come to sponge off the Australian Taxpayer.

The Australian System is the fairest system in the world and they go to great lenghts to accomadate true assylum seekers and eliminate illegal economic migrants who are not wanted.

In Australia a job can only be given to an Immigrant if that job cannot be done by an Australian. The job must be advertised and it must be shown that the job was offered on a local and national level first. It is illegal to import cheap labour to oust Australian Jobs.

Australia is a true multicultural society and is not riddled with namby pambys constantly holding up the race card. Everyone is given a fair go, and those that integrate are welcomed into the community. Those that come to stir up trouble find themselves in a detention centre and are quickly exported to their homeland without leave to appeal.

Australia is a truly fair example of how people can live together however it has not been acheived by using ridiculous laws such as Incitement to Racial Hatred. It has been acheived by the people for the people.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
The UK is barely in the top 50 most densely populated countries in the world, with our pop. density of 244.69 persons/sq.km paling into insignificance beside Macau's 20,824.38 persons/sq km.

http://www.photius.com/wfb1999/rankings/po..._density_2.html

I suppose you think thats a good thing then zzg ??

.... and from previous postings on here, I think you also wants lots more people to come to these shores of ours - am I right ??

Personally speaking, and I am allowed an opinion aren't I zzg ? - it stinks, the place is going to descend even further into the overpopulated cesspit it already is.

I reckon if you ask the 50 other countires, they would prefer somewhere a lot less crowded to live.

The problem the world is going to increasingly face is over population, destruction of the planets resources, and an increasingly frustrating way of life for people as they find themselves more and more constrained of how they can live their lives.

Back to you zzg, cos I know you can't resist from having the last word .......

:D

HOLA4417

Laurejohn

You are correct and I totally agree with you. The immigration policy should not be blind led by blind for the blinds.Recently I was walking a street in London- majority of shops there have 99% non-British employees . Recently I was in one of the embassies of one of these countries for a visa. Most of the people I saw there could not speak English- asking others for help in reading application forms etc. And they are part of English culture!!!! Immigration for the purpose of providing servants(so called "nannies") and domestics ,manual labourers, shopkeeper`s assistants etc is not correct- they should not be given a visa at all. However, it is so easy to get work permit for these people. I have two friends who got so called home helps( we talk about them as "servants" though) brought from India and Africa respectively , only for this job. I was surprised how easily they could get visa for them.However, it is wrong to say all immigration is wrong, because we need many scientists and enterpreneurs. One should appreciate genuine immigrants and not blame them all.

HOLA4418
Visiting London is like going abroad to an alien land.

London has always been more cosmopolitan than the regions.

a street in London- majority of shops there have 99% non-British employees

So? :rolleyes: And how can you tell they weren't British? Because they weren't white? :rolleyes:

Recently I was in one of the embassies of one of these countries for a visa. Most of the people I saw there could not speak English

Most embassies employ people from that country-so Indian embassy has Indian staff, Thai embassy Thai staff, etc. There is nothing unusual in this.

they are part of English culture!!!!

Define "English" culture. Would that be the lager louts? Or the clubbers in Ayia Napa? Or the toff on his shoots on his country estate? There is no such thing as "English" culture.

Immigration for the purpose of providing servants(so called "nannies") and domestics ,manual labourers, shopkeeper`s assistants etc is not correct

Why? None of the natives will do it, and the job has to be done by someone, so if not immigrants, who else? :rolleyes:

we need many scientists and enterpreneurs.

Why aren't we producing our own? Why steal them from other countries where they are TRULY needed to advance their own nations?

HOLA4419
how can you tell they weren't British?

I assumed this. It is obvious if you talk to someone- or are you not so?

Most embassies employ people from that country-so Indian embassy has Indian staff, Thai embassy Thai staff, etc. There is nothing unusual in this.

Not talking about their staff. It was about people who had been to their own embassy for various necessities- they must be living in UK-did not come to London for their passport needs from their own country.

Define "English" cultureThere is no such thing as "English" culture

Wrong- some one(probably me) once said- one who speaks English and hates Germans can be called English. It is a mixture of cultures, but all working towards the betterment of England. Not going behind terrorism.

Why aren't we producing our own

Because of the unthinking politicians

HOLA4420

The UK is barely in the top 50? So it is actually in then? Expect us to move up the league.

The South East is very densely populated. Thet fact that there are other countries in the world where people are even more crammed in like sardines doesn't alter the fact that as our population density rises our quality of life and environment decline.

HOLA4421
It is obvious if you talk to someone

Oh really. :rolleyes:

Not talking about their staff. It was about people who had been to their own embassy for various necessities- they must be living in UK

NEWSFLASH! There are immigrants living in this country who can't speak English! What amazing news are you going to tell us next, that the sky is blue? :rolleyes:

one who speaks English and hates Germans can be called English

So the Jews are English then? :rolleyes:

Your definition of English is alternately risible or repugnant, if you meant it in earnest. NEWSFLASH, the war is over!

HOLA4422

It doesn't matter what colour or race people belong to - the problem is we now lack proper border control and allowing too many unskilled people into the country. We owe this failure to people like Blunkett and New Labour.

As for the English hating the Germans! We could learn quite a bit from the Germans. I for one like the Germans - ever driven a nice Merc or Audi? You need a proper education and apprenticeship to achieve excellence. German engineering is mouthwatering!

Trouble is people coming here don't want to be British. They want 'rights' to do what they did back home. Ironic given they are 'seeking asylum' from the same regimes they revere so much!!! We can't even enjoy a British Xmas without shaven head social worker type ******r telling us off.

HOLA4423
Oh really. :rolleyes:

NEWSFLASH! There are immigrants living in this country who can't speak English! What amazing news are you going to tell us next, that the sky is blue? :rolleyes:

So the Jews are English then? :rolleyes:

Your definition of English is alternately risible or repugnant, if you meant it in earnest. NEWSFLASH, the war is over!

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

A friend of mine came to the uk from slovakia in may to cash in our riches. He has decided that he is better off back home and is leaving in february. How the grass is green on the other side.

Speak to your local Kurdish kebab man, he is a slave in this country and he will be going back home when he saves enough money!!!

Immigration is tighter today than it has ever been, we only notice it today because people have different colour skin or dress different.

Everyone I know has a polish/irish/italian/french/german/swedish grandparent!!!