House Price Crash Forum

Mortgage Approvals

munimula

HOLA441

Anyone interested in this thread should take a look at this thread-

Charting the UK market, started by Dr Bubb. It's in the investment section, confusingly under "Oversees Property".

Go to the last post and scroll back. You won't be disappointed.

Jake.

HOLA442

http://www.reuters.com/financeNewsArticle....storyID=7308487

The US mortage market is drying up also. The best sign yet that the international irrational exuberance is grinding to an uncomfortably fast stop.

Some of the best quotes from the US article:

"A further drop in the purchasing index will likely prompt additional concern about the strength of the housing market.

"If there is another week of weak data, (this) combined with recent (housing) starts and home sales data will raise many questions about whether the housing boom has ended," said Drew Matus, senior financial economist at Lehman Brothers.

U.S. housing starts plummeted 13.1 percent in November, the biggest dive in nearly 11 years, as groundbreaking fell sharply across the nation, according to the Commerce Department. The number for December will be released Jan. 19.

HOLA443
HOLA444
  • 1 month later...
HOLA445

Thanks for all the data.....looks like the Sunday Times was correct...........we appear to be in the 'lag phase' at the moment. Just hang on in thier and, as is often said.......................HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF or HINDSIGHT IS A WONDERFUL THING

Cheers

HOLA446

I can't recall the guy's name, but this one chap predicted that when mortgage approvals collapsed, or when the amount of money being lent decreased, that was the sign of DOOM.

Apparently he predicted the last crash as well, I think.

HOLA447
I can't recall the guy's name, but this one chap predicted that when mortgage approvals collapsed, or when the amount of money being lent decreased, that was the sign of DOOM.

I think you're thinking of Professor Gordon Pepper:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/main.j.../17/prosy17.xml

HOLA448
HOLA449

Love the avatar.

Mortgage approvals are way down, yet my close freind who is sales manager for a large E/A chain in London reports booming sales and viewings. I believe him because he was all bearish in the second halve of 2004 and often told me they were way under targets.

Lot of strange stuff going on out there.

HOLA4410
Love the avatar.

Mortgage approvals are way down, yet my close freind who is sales manager for a large E/A chain in London reports booming sales and viewings. I believe him because he was all bearish in the second halve of 2004 and often told me they were way under targets.

Lot of strange stuff going on out there.

Cheers brother bear <<< :D >>>

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
  • 3 years later...
HOLA4413