House Price Crash Forum

Where To Buy In Brum

brumlad

HOLA441

Been waiting to buy a house for the last 10 years and getting frustrated that there's nothing that is mine. I've about 120K to spend and can buy cash , is there anywhere in Brum that is good to buy that won't lose too much in the short term and I can rent out easily as well if I have to move for work ? Any ideas?

HOLA442

Been waiting to buy a house for the last 10 years and getting frustrated that there's nothing that is mine. I've about 120K to spend and can buy cash , is there anywhere in Brum that is good to buy that won't lose too much in the short term and I can rent out easily as well if I have to move for work ? Any ideas?

I'd suggest anywhere that is serviceable to the student populations of Birmingham Uni and Aston Uni because they also tend to be nicer areas in Birmingham. Egdbaston is the obvious choice but Bournville and Selly Oak would probably be fine too. Its worth remembering that for its size, Birmingham has more Universities than any city in the UK.

HOLA443
HOLA444
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA445

Won't get much for 120 there though I guess, what about perry Barr side for UCE?

Perry Barr & Aston are shite holes.

Are you a Brummie? I wouldn't only limit myself to the uni catchment areas. Many other areas where you could be happy living or have no problem renting.

Can only comment on North Brum really. Erdington, but stick to B24, Great Barr cheaper than Erdington but ok. Watch out for Kingstanding which falls under B44 the same as Great Barr. Sutton Coldfield, B73,B72,B76,B74 more expensive but seeing some do-a-uppers just in your price range.