House Price Crash Forum

Mumbles (Again)

niceathome

HOLA441
HOLA442

Anyone have any idea what is the score with the end terrace on Langland Road?

I first thought repo but it lacks the hazard tape around taps and bog.

Think it has been tenanted, maybe it stinks??

Repo according to the boy in JF I spoke to about it. They told me they have no details other than the bank handed it to them as a repo to sell. Apparently it was one of 6 or 7 in the Mumbles/Langland/Caswell area they got.

IMPO it looks like an ex bedsit. It is worth going to have a look at it to have a look inside through the windows. It 'feels' studently dirty looking in through the windows - if that means anything. More importantly, have a look at the front garden - it is tiny.

From what I can make out - although I could be wrong - the photo of the front garden on RM is actually of the house next door which, bizarrely, seems to have been extended out angles into the front of the repo house? So you don't have enough space in the front of the repo house to put a drive in.

I assume, could be wrong of course, that whoever owns the house on the right once owned the repo house? It is a very odd shaped garden and you will only understand what I mean by actually looking at both gardens in the flesh.

It is too expensise either way - looks like it would cost 100K minimum to modernise IMPO which is not worth it unless the property sells for 100K. Even then, you are more or less sat on a junction of a busy road, no-where to park, no real garden, pretty miserable IMPO.

HOLA443
HOLA444

link please?

Yes, it would be nice to have a link.

A bit like me asking what the score is in the football match I guess :D

I pride myself on my research skills but searching for " studently dirty" JF and Langland Road only gave me the agents name.

This was interesting though -

http://www.johnfrancis.co.uk/auction-results.htm

Need to "roll over" the dates with the mouse to bring up the data.

If you want more info just ask. I have no intention of buying in Munbles (nice as it is) or Wales for that matter, but I do enjoy house hunting so much it's kind of in the blood now.

(Never realised The Masked Tulip was from that area though...)

HOLA445

(Never realised The Masked Tulip was from that area though...)

I am wherever the oppressed house hunter needs me.

I noticed one EA bring lots of properties on the market in Swansea West this week - all ludicrous asking prices IMPO. I have spoken with severla people today about those askin prices - some EAs and some house owners - and all could not believe the askin prices.

I think it is going to be another long, long year of silly asking prices in the first quarter with prices painfully slowly reduced over the year.

This is the house in Langland Road - it is the yellow property and not the one with the biggish gravel drive to the right of picture. It is worth viewing in the flesh just to see what is going on with the front garden and the garden of the house to the right of it.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35891867.html

As far as I can make out picture 3 is actually the garden of the house next door - someone tell me if I am wrong?

Edited by The Masked Tulip

HOLA446
HOLA447

Thanks MT, as you probably know, the yellow one was the end of the terrace a few years ago then they presumably sold the garden to the side and the house on the right of the picture was built in the land (maybe about 6-10 years ago) Probably why the garden split is odd.

I was not aware that the end one is fairly new. Very odd why it has such a huge front garden then and how it angles/cuts into what, presumably, was the front garden of the yellow house? All looks a mess to me personally.