House Price Crash Forum

The Cult Website Www.housepricecrash.co.uk

HOLA441
House prices: How low can they go? Telegraph

One who thinks so is Jonathan Davis, chartered financial planner with Armstrong Davis and spokesman for the cult website www.housepricecrash.co.uk, where those who stayed out of the property boom go to gloat. A few months ago, commentators on the housing market were lining up to pour scorn on his dire predictions. Kirstie Allsopp even called his website "sick".

Gloat!?!

None of that from me (unless of course we are talking about over stretched BTL/MEW *ossers. Many were driven to this website as they were totally priced out of what was a ridiculous and unsustainable boom in house prices.

We are the sensible ones who did not feel it rational to buy an over priced s&ithole with a 10xsalary mortgage we had no hope of paying back. The fact that we are now viewed with such distain is quite frankly bizarre. There has been plently of gloating over the past few years from those 'on the ladder' that it is about time they got some payback.

Whilst I am at it, it is Krusty who is the sick one, still encouraging people to buy into a market that is tanking big time. If she really was an 'expert' she would have seen the UK property market for the massive pyramid selling scam that it really is.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Yeah, where's the sex? Cults usually have loads of sex. I'm off to join a different cult! :blink:

Three bed in Middle_sex - You Cardiff Cruiser!

HOLA447

We're obviously having an impact.

To be called a "cult" is quite an accolade.

Like spending horrific amounts of borrowed money on stuff, you don't really need,en masse,...because the "moonies" on the box told you so isn't??

pot.....kettle....black??

Edited by oracle

HOLA448

What made us sell up? I had total confidence in THE 'sick', cult website, HPC, how come we became more EXPERT about the approaching doom than Phil and Krusty, etc? Them experts, certainly not in property! Bullsh*t yes, property no.

...That's britain's new world-class export industry!!

....property might be going down the pan,but spin and "perception management" consultants are doing a roaring trade.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Cult website?

I'd like to point out at this point that I was here when it was genuinely hip, when doom-mongers sat around effortlessly cool with frugal f-you nonchalance while consumer drones splashed their plastic on tat. I was here well before it was full of mainstreamers who've just learned about the HPC from the BBC news. When I came here it was a cobbled-together thing with a freebie bravenet forum.

I'm member 24 for gawd's sake.

Respect!

I think our membership No is a badge of honour. Any1 under 1860 is a visionary.....

(Edited no to 1860 from 1850)

Edited by MrB

HOLA4411
I STR in August 2007 (So at the peak)

I was a member of HPC before I found this wonderful place. I knew it was coming but I never found this site until begining of the year. It was still a battle with the bulls then and everyone still guessing as to when the shit would hit the fan.

I have really enjoyed the debate/laughs this forum provides.

I found a forum that made me feel that I was not the lone nutter many people thought I was when I made my decision middle of last year.

I took so much grief and I actually think people thought I was losing the plot. Yep I had doubts after the event but thank ****** I found here because I realised there are actually quite a few loons about and they all come to play on here.

Ditto (ish) timeline and sentiments.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Who you calling a cult? :lol:

I've been reading this site and it's American cousin www.thehousingbubbleblog.com for what, three and a half years? Sure saved me a ton o' cash since I STR'd in Dec 2004. Here in the States, the crash is on going. Manhattan is the last to fall. London and Manhattan will go down together. Gloat? a little, but if the banks collapse, I'll be just as poor as anyone else, I'm afraid.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Do they mean 'cult' as in 'cult tv show'?

If so...

Exciting music plays. FP is shown in a blazer driving an open topped sports car around London. He arrives at the front door of his (3-year rental) mansion. Poison gas clouds appear. We next see him in a new-build, off-plan development off the Welsh coast (Just 425 mins from London Euston).

Where am I?

You are in the Development.

What do you want?

We want...house price inflation.

Who is Member Number One?

YOU ARE!!!

hahahahahahahhahaha

Cut to FP running along a beach being chased by a huge inflatable in the shape of Kirsty Alsopp which eventually smothers him.

HOLA4417
Cut to FP running along a beach being chased by a huge inflatable in the shape of Kirsty Alsopp which eventually smothers him.

Obviously, they're huge.

I am not a number.

I am a falling percentage!

HOLA4418
I've been reading this site and it's American cousin www.thehousingbubbleblog.com for what, three and a half years? Sure saved me a ton o' cash since I STR'd in Dec 2004. Here in the States, the crash is on going. Manhattan is the last to fall. London and Manhattan will go down together. Gloat? a little, but if the banks collapse, I'll be just as poor as anyone else, I'm afraid.

I'll be poorer - no house and STR money gone. I will not be gloating!

HOLA4419
  • 13 years later...
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
2 hours ago, Data Dave said:

Sounds like a smart guy with a well explained video. Are you a member of the forum sir, if you are reading this?

HPC gets a mention at around 18 mins FYI. 

I'm glad at least one person noticed this deep within the bowels of the HPC subforums! :D

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4423