House Price Crash Forum

Auction property information

paul65

HOLA441
4 minutes ago, Belfast Boy said:

You can't just cut out the middle of standard roof trusses without weakening the roof structure. That is why steel is needed for reinforcement.

I know that, that’s why I mentioned using the existing loft access hatch. 

would have expected to see stairs in the hall if they’d done a full conversion? Def  a half ass*d job regardless of what they’d done, if it had been good they’d have shown photos!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
2 minutes ago, Belfast Boy said:

I don't think auctions use the same rules. You bid and win - it's yours! Maybe I'm wrong? :unsure:

Yes but if they provided all the info, they might get more than 1 person willing to bid and drive up the price. But unfortunately they’ll never know as they just do the bare minimum!

HOLA444
HOLA445

Seems a new approach. Mostly seems to be small agents I’ve not heard of, with mostly property west of the lough. Strange to see a few lough Erne houses- I know a load of these were included in the sale of the hotel, wonder if the buyer is now looking to offload them

HOLA446

"Auctioneer's Comments

This property is for sale by the Modern Method of Auction. Should you view, offer or bid on the property, your information will be shared with the Auctioneer, iamsold."

I've never herd of "iamsold" so I had a look at their website. "September 2009 - Ben Ridgway and Jamie Cooke set up the IAM Sold business, with ambitious plans to become a dominant part of the property auction scene."

HOLA447
12 hours ago, nigooner said:

Seems a new approach. Mostly seems to be small agents I’ve not heard of, with mostly property west of the lough. Strange to see a few lough Erne houses- I know a load of these were included in the sale of the hotel, wonder if the buyer is now looking to offload them

The lough Erne housed we're marketed "traditionally" around the time all AirBNB properties were put up for rent. 

They probably need the cash. They certainly won't be getting a holiday season this year and the wedding trade is finished for the foreseeable. 

One thing I'm particularly happy about is the fact the Airbnb rentals here can't access the 10k grant. I expect significant downward pressure on rents in the city and tourist areas. Hopefully we'll see some regulation after the dust settles. 

Edited by 2buyornot2buy

HOLA448
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 10:21 AM, 2buyornot2buy said:

The lough Erne housed we're marketed "traditionally" around the time all AirBNB properties were put up for rent. 

They probably need the cash. They certainly won't be getting a holiday season this year and the wedding trade is finished for the foreseeable. 

One thing I'm particularly happy about is the fact the Airbnb rentals here can't access the 10k grant. I expect significant downward pressure on rents in the city and tourist areas. Hopefully we'll see some regulation after the dust settles. 

Is this true? That they can't access the 10k grant? Good news! 

I'm in ND.....have been waiting for a crash for years (reading here too but never signed up).

Getting on a bit.....decent deposit, working full time through CV. Would love to see HPC......in fact I Need to see it!

HOLA449
31 minutes ago, RoShad said:

Is this true? That they can't access the 10k grant? Good news! 

I'm in ND.....have been waiting for a crash for years (reading here too but never signed up).

Getting on a bit.....decent deposit, working full time through CV. Would love to see HPC......in fact I Need to see it!

The 10k only covers properties on the non- domestic valuation list in NI. Apart from few large BnB style operators the majority will be on the domestic list. All those apartment and houses newly listed for rent with their folded towels are on the domestic list so no 10k I'm afraid. Thus the rush to get them rented traditionally. Mortgages to pay and no locals to displace. Haha.

HOLA4410
9 minutes ago, 2buyornot2buy said:

The 10k only covers properties on the non- domestic valuation list in NI. Apart from few large BnB style operators the majority will be on the domestic list. All those apartment and houses newly listed for rent with their folded towels are on the domestic list so no 10k I'm afraid. Thus the rush to get them rented traditionally. Mortgages to pay and no locals to displace. Haha.

Woohoo! Thanks for replying. A little bit of light in this whole s*itstorm ?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
18 minutes ago, RoShad said:

AirBNB’s can probably self certify for a £50k bounce back loan though. Not free money as it needs repaid, but will still keep them afloat another while yet.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
1 hour ago, RoShad said:

I'm finding it hard to feel sorry for them. There are literally 1000s of the leeches. I expect a few of the savvy ones will go with Nigooners idea and commit a little loan fraud to keep going but I expect many will sell up when they realise the it's me pension isn't working out and the banks still needs paid. 

Stick with the deposit saving, you'll be in a fantastic position to pick up a home. I've already own, I'd love to see 50% wiped off the value in my area. 

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
On 14/05/2020 at 08:19, 2buyornot2buy said:

I'm finding it hard to feel sorry for them. There are literally 1000s of the leeches. I expect a few of the savvy ones will go with Nigooners idea and commit a little loan fraud to keep going but I expect many will sell up when they realise the it's me pension isn't working out and the banks still needs paid. 

I don't mean this to sound trenchant but what kind of investment vehicle would make someone less of a leech?

HOLA4420
25 minutes ago, Uchimata said:

I don't mean this to sound trenchant but what kind of investment vehicle would make someone less of a leech?

Investment vehicle? I see them as potential homes. If you want an investment vehicle I'd probably look at a stocks and share ISA or a SIPP.