House Price Crash Forum

Watched Magnum P.i. This Afternoon...

SHERWICK

HOLA441

As some of you know, I cancelled Sky back in Feb. So here I was with the afternoon off today and, instead of enjoying the lovely weather, I settled down in front of my laptop to watch the final 2 episodes of Magnum P.I. Now, although I was a regular MPI watcher back in the 80s, I never got to see the final 2 episodes screened some time in 1988 (probably because back in 1988 I was in my early 20s and out on the lash most evenings :D ).

Anyway, what great fun it was!!! I've got to admit I loved 80s TV back then, though I hardly watch TV these days....

HOLA442

As some of you know, I cancelled Sky back in Feb. So here I was with the afternoon off today and, instead of enjoying the lovely weather, I settled down in front of my laptop to watch the final 2 episodes of Magnum P.I. Now, although I was a regular MPI watcher back in the 80s, I never got to see the final 2 episodes screened some time in 1988 (probably because back in 1988 I was in my early 20s and out on the lash most evenings :D ).

Anyway, what great fun it was!!! I've got to admit I loved 80s TV back then, though I hardly watch it these days....

I watched all episodes from all seasons (DVD boxset) a couple of years ago, it certainly was great fun, they don't do TV series like this anymore.

Another one I watched recently was The Rockford Files, it's vaguely similar to Magnum P.I. and almost as much fun.

HOLA443
HOLA444

I watched all episodes from all seasons (DVD boxset) a couple of years ago, it certainly was great fun, they don't do TV series like this anymore.

Another one I watched recently was The Rockford Files, it's vaguely similar to Magnum P.I. and almost as much fun.

Yep, Rockford Files was another great one... apparently Tom Selleck appeared in a few episodes of that too.. as a private investigator!

HOLA445
HOLA446

Dallas is returning again soon, with some of the original cast.

Amazing! Bring 'em all back I say!

Life was so much simpler then. For example, take a look at a selection of headlines from the Main Forum - back in the 80s I would have had no clue about any of them and ignorance was BLISS!!

Government To Sell 1/3 Of Rbs To Abu Dhabi - WOULDN'T HAVE CARED!

Briton's Are "19 Years Behind Life Goals" - AGAIN, COULDN'T HAVE GIVEN A T0SS.

Merv (Fpc) Advises Osborne Doesn't Want 'directed' Ltv Or Lti (Income) - GOOBLEDIGOOK TO ME.

National Planning Policy Framework 1 2 - WTF???!?

S&p/case-Shiller Monthly - QUE???

Unfortunately, today, all those topics make perfect sense to me!

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

There isn't a lot of contemporary stuff I'll watch.

QI, Horizon, Through The Worm Hole, Top Gear. The quality of BBC Four is way above average, but the rest, especially the reality and lifestyle shows, you can keep.

One contemporary show I do like is Suits. This got a lot of promotion and in my opinion desevedly so. It has the feel of one of those classic 70's or 80's series but in a modern context.

Missed a couple of episodes, which I regret now, but hopefully they will repeat. This show has been worth watching,

Archived