Guest Fedup

HOLA441
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Good lord Bruce.. you've a memory like an elephant! :blink:

Edit to add: Think you might have been a little quick off the mark Bruce. Had a quick look at some old posts and don't detect signs of trolling really.

Not sure what happened with the house thing.. I presume he sold it.

Benefit of the doubt for now. Good luck Fedup, hope it all works out for you.

Some of you people would give the benefit of the doubt to a Concentration Camp Kapo :rolleyes:.

Check the dates ;).

HOLA443
HOLA444

Eh?

Yes i did inherit a house......As I said, i was lucky.......exactly as someone said "a 5 bed house in my twenties??......" I am NOT a banker/millionaire/whatever. I realise the market is overpriced and I fear for my kids (when I have some) should it continue this way. Inspite of this, I am a higher rate taxpayer (no, not the new 50% bracket), and have a 1st class Masters in Engineering.

I realise I am someone that is lucky in what I consider a very overpriced housing market.

Also, it really isn't hard to track who has posted what......it's part of the functionality of the forum!

Getting seriously negative vibes though, and I am not sure why......I am happy to post my experience for the benefit of others, but if im just going to get abuse then I will just keep quiet. The reason I wanted to post is because I feel that this forum has been very informative for me over the years......so I wanted to give something (however worthless) back. The anecdotals people have posted have been very helpful to me, and I would to like to reciprocate.

If people aren't interested then i will just keep quiet.

You said your 5 bed house sold in 2007 but then in 2009 you stated you had just inherited a house?

So am I right in thinking you bought a 5 bed detached, sold it and then inherited a house a year or so later?

I think everyone is just interested in the fact that you bought a 5 bedroom detached house as a graduate !!! You have to admit that is going to raise suspicion.

HOLA445
Guest Fedup

Good call BL

And i've obviously planned all my posts over 3 years to this point to achieve........i dont know? Does anyone? Maybe im trying to make you all buy houses because im a BTL speculator?

What is wrong with you guys.......i'm just trying to offer you my experience in the current market and I just get abuse?

HOLA446

And i've obviously planned all my posts over 3 years to this point to achieve........i dont know? Does anyone? Maybe im trying to make you all buy houses because im a BTL speculator?

What is wrong with you guys.......i'm just trying to offer you my experience in the current market and I just get abuse?

I haven't read any of your past posts but going on this one topic I immediately was confused at you stating that you sold a 5 bedroom detached house in 2007. I think if you could just let us know how you achieved this it would clear up a lot. I certainly dont know many graduates able to buy a studio flat never mind a 5 bed detached house whether that be in the North West or anywhere else.

It just lights up everyones BS detector but I am sure you have a perfectly reasonable explanation.

HOLA447

Sold in 2007 (5 bed, detatched family home). Rented for 3 years while the gf was at university. She just graduated with a 1st class Law Degree and now has a job. We have a dog, both in our 20's, both in work.....seems to be the right time to buy for us now, even though I think the market is still vastly overpriced.

I am not a bull or a bear because I feel a hypocrite pretending to be a bear when i was lucky enough to profit by selling at "the right time". However, houses havent really dropped much at all (probably risen where I am looking to buy). I am not a bull as I don't care whether I make money or not anymore, but just want a decent family home again in our new area.

Our rental property is ok, but far too small to consider buying, it was just convenient location-wise, allowed us to have a dog, allowed me to add to my savings each month, and gave us the flexbility to move quickly once the GF graduated. I was planning to emmigrate when my girlfriend graduated, but unfortunately both of us have put down roots here (which i tried to avoid, partly by not buying!), and we think we enjoy a good quality of life.

I can keep you posted how I get on, but if people call me a troll/whatever than fair enough.....I hope my previous posts over the years show that I have a pretty balanced point of view, and realise I am fortunate in a very overpriced market.

I am looking to buy in the SE, am flabbergasted at the prices people are still paying, and am sad that I will have to compete with this. I am just thankful that I can.

So, TPYE 2, you sold a 5 bed det in 2007 but had inherited another that as of 2009 you were still unsure what to do with http://www.housepric...dpost&p=1846713

So this 5 bed det that you sold, that was yours? early 20's with a 5 bed det or were you still a teen then? lmao

HOLA448
Guest Fedup

I haven't read any of your past posts but going on this one topic I immediately was confused at you stating that you sold a 5 bedroom detached house in 2007. I think if you could just let us know how you achieved this it would clear up a lot. I certainly dont know many graduates able to buy a studio flat never mind a 5 bed detached house whether that be in the North West or anywhere else.

It just lights up everyones BS detector but I am sure you have a perfectly reasonable explanation.

Inheritence........as I said I was lucky. My thread about the house previously was more of a sanity check because I sold it as soon as I got it (thinking F**K this a lot of money...being a poor graduate)....

HOLA449

Inheritence........as I said I was lucky. My thread about the house previously was more of a sanity check because I sold it as soon as I got it (thinking F**K this a lot of money...being a poor graduate)....

So you inherited 2 houses..? one in 2007 and then another in 2009?

Or is this all the same house? It is the proceeds from these that you are now using to buy your new home for you and you GF.. right?

HOLA4410
Guest Fedup

So you inherited 2 houses..? one in 2007 and then another in 2009?

Or is this all the same house? It is the proceeds from these that you are now using to buy your new home for you and you GF.. right?

Exactly........inherited in 2007, sold immediately cos I did not need a 5bed house, posted on here years later for a sanity check, waste of time, got no response, carried on reading since.

HOLA4411

I wouldnt call a dead relative being lucky.

riviting.

HOLA4412

So if you have been renting for 3 years and you have been reading this forum for that period of time why for the love of Jiminey Cricket have you waited until the "BIG ONE" is just about to kick off to go out and buy what you state is an "over priced" house? Why not just hold on for 6 months and see what happens?

Listen my friend take my advice, it will save you tens of thousands of that lucky money you have received. Wait 6 months and see what's going on. I can assure you prices will have fallen by a minimum of 5% so you will at least save a fair whack.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Exactly........inherited in 2007, sold immediately cos I did not need a 5bed house, posted on here years later for a sanity check, waste of time, got no response, carried on reading since.

So you inherited and sold immediately in 2007.

Then in 2009 you inherited another house, which you posted about HERE asking the forum for advise on whether to sell it or not?

If that stacks up then you are certainly a lucky individual to be able to buy your house out right with no mortgage at your age, and I'm sure there are plenty of us here who would be very jealous of that. Presuming you REALLY aren't pulling our leg ;)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

So you inherited and sold immediately in 2007.

Then in 2009 you inherited another house, which you posted about HERE asking the forum for advise on whether to sell it or not?

If that stacks up then you are certainly a lucky individual to be able to buy your house out right with no mortgage at your age, and I'm sure there are plenty of us here who would be very jealous of that. Presuming you REALLY aren't pulling our leg ;)

Id be more worried about leaving a legacy in 2010...Death is rife in this family.

HOLA4418

That's very disappointing, especially when you read the post in 2009, you are a skilled storyteller.

Taking what you have said here, and what it says in that post, it is difficult to take your posts at face value.

Is this post a "sanity check" also? Maybe you have already bought somewhere in 2009 and just looking for reassurance.

HOLA4419
Guest Fedup

So if you have been renting for 3 years and you have been reading this forum for that period of time why for the love of Jiminey Cricket have you waited until the "BIG ONE" is just about to kick off to go out and buy what you state is an "over priced" house? Why not just hold on for 6 months and see what happens?

Listen my friend take my advice, it will save you tens of thousands of that lucky money you have received. Wait 6 months and see what's going on. I can assure you prices will have fallen by a minimum of 5% so you will at least save a fair whack.

ANd this is the exact conversation I argued about with 3 of my co-workers on an almost fortnightly basiss, one being my manager. All are giving me the "renting is dead money" spiel....One of them was a junior developer that had to take on a government loan AND do part-buy, part-rent. All are saying renting is "dead-money". I have argued till I am blue in face, but house prices have just not gone down where we are looking to buy, and I can't wait forever.

I cannot tell you how exasperated I am to argue each day with co-workers (not that anyone would believe me), but I need to get on with my life. Its a bum-deal, but I need a home.

Not that anyone of you will believe me, despite my previous 100+(bearish) (-1 about inheriting a house) posts.

HOLA4420
Guest Fedup

That's very disappointing, especially when you read the post in 2009, you are a skilled storyteller.

Taking what you have said here, and what it says in that post, it is difficult to take your posts at face value.

Is this post a "sanity check" also? Maybe you have already bought somewhere in 2009 and just looking for reassurance.

I give up.....

I admit I am Fergus Wilson.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Guest Fedup

So, lets get this straight. You bought a house before you were born and then whilst you were in Manchester keeping your dog company at University on her way to a first you sold at the peak of the market in the year the bitch graduated in 2007. You became a multimillionaire because you rented out the 37 rooms to fellow students filling the voids as a holiday kennel.

Then, unbelievably luckily someone died and left you a mansion in 2009 (which somehow passed your mind in your latest life story)...this was just the ticket to impress that posh bird from down South who was reading articles at the premier Law College in London. Her Father wangled her a First and now the three of you (incl. dog) are set for life.

That's right isn't it?

That's exactly it. Then I bought half of Ashford and kitted myself and my manly-looking wife out in Burberry.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Guest Noodle

the man is going to buy a house and tell us all about his experiences.

simples.

Oh.

I STR'd this place back in 2006 (always full of ghastly loud American touroids) . . .

31_02_1---Buckingham-Palace--London--United-Kingdom_web.jpg

. . . and went to live in this. Renting of course.

rice.jpg

HOLA4425

ANd this is the exact conversation I argued about with 3 of my co-workers on an almost fortnightly basiss, one being my manager. All are giving me the "renting is dead money" spiel....One of them was a junior developer that had to take on a government loan AND do part-buy, part-rent. All are saying renting is "dead-money". I have argued till I am blue in face, but house prices have just not gone down where we are looking to buy, and I can't wait forever.

I cannot tell you how exasperated I am to argue each day with co-workers (not that anyone would believe me), but I need to get on with my life. Its a bum-deal, but I need a home.

Not that anyone of you will believe me, despite my previous 100+(bearish) (-1 about inheriting a house) posts.

So why wait until the bottom is obviously about to fall out of the market to eventually give in?

You are still in your 20's FFS there is no rush.

I dont believe you to be honest, I think this is a wind up. Nobody with even a friggin gram of brain cells would after 3 years of waiting contemplate buying all of a sudden just as the Halifax/Ntionwide graphs start to fall off a cliff. Come On.