House Price Crash Forum

Nice Time Series

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I wouldn't trust Zoopla! What does Mouseprice / Calnea put it at? Thats what mortgage lenders believe it to be worth. Zoopla values can be taken up or down by registered users and aside from that, their valuation methodology is weak

Well, if you have a job, wages around here are no more than they were in 2003, certainly for the folks who would be looking at this house. Lending is much tighter. So Zoopla's assessment looks pretty reasonable to me. I'd not give them more than 80K for it!

HOLA445

I don't know this area and I doubt it would figure top of any buy-to-let list so you might be right. But why do you say that lending is much tighter? Is that through personal experience or something someone has said or read? I have found out looser than 2007, banks really do want to lend.

Well, if you have a job, wages around here are no more than they were in 2003, certainly for the folks who would be looking at this house. Lending is much tighter. So Zoopla's assessment looks pretty reasonable to me. I'd not give them more than 80K for it!

HOLA446

I don't know this area and I doubt it would figure top of any buy-to-let list so you might be right. But why do you say that lending is much tighter? Is that through personal experience or something someone has said or read? I have found out looser than 2007, banks really do want to lend.

I don't know your personal circumstances, but net lending is at the lowest levels since records began in '87. Now I'm sure you are correct that the banks do want to lend, but anecdotally, from FTB crowd at work and locally in the town, the story seems to be that mortgages are available, iff a large deposit is available. Most of these potential FTBs do not have money available, in fact I'd suspect in many cases they owe the sort of money required for a deposit, although only a few have admitted this. The rest of the housing market around here now appears to be little more than equity swapping, with few cash buyers or buy to letters jumping in.