#1 Geemo

Geemo

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hi ,
Looking advice and/or input from anybody else who is buying from this site or knows anything regarding it ?! .
I'm in the process of buying 1 of the apartments , have been for near 7 months now , it's taking forever ( paper work and Nama ) , , estate agent not very helpful , nor solicitors , , it's got to the stage I'm thinking of pulling out ( want my life back lol ) .
Any advice helpful :-/

Thank you

#2 2buyornot2buy

2buyornot2buy

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

Hi ,
Looking advice and/or input from anybody else who is buying from this site or knows anything regarding it ?! .
I'm in the process of buying 1 of the apartments , have been for near 7 months now , it's taking forever ( paper work and Nama ) , , estate agent not very helpful , nor solicitors , , it's got to the stage I'm thinking of pulling out ( want my life back lol ) .
Any advice helpful :-/

Thank you

RUN, QUICKLY

#3 BelfastVI

BelfastVI

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

I would be careful about buying into an uncompleted apartment scheme where the company is in receivership. Management companies, common areas and elevators to worry about. A house is a different mater as you can draw a line around what you own. You then only have to look at adoption of the main roads. The management of the open space should be a minor matter in comparison.

#4 Geemo

Geemo

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

I would be careful about buying into an uncompleted apartment scheme where the company is in receivership. Management companies, common areas and elevators to worry about. A house is a different mater as you can draw a line around what you own. You then only have to look at adoption of the main roads. The management of the open space should be a minor matter in comparison.

Hi , Its a shell im buying , there is no lifts in the apartment block ( 4 apartments in my block ) . the management company is setup , and the actual site is 80% finished with contacts set out by the bank ( seller ) to finish everything .

#5 BelfastVI

BelfastVI

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

Hi , Its a shell im buying , there is no lifts in the apartment block ( 4 apartments in my block ) . the management company is setup , and the actual site is 80% finished with contacts set out by the bank ( seller ) to finish everything .

I would refer you to 2buyornot2buy's advice above.

#6 2buyornot2buy

2buyornot2buy

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

Yep BVI knows what he is talking about when it comes to this sort of thing. You'd be mad to buy a shell apartment in this environment. It will only continue to drop in value.

#7 BelfastVI

BelfastVI

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

Yep BVI knows what he is talking about when it comes to this sort of thing. You'd be mad to buy a shell apartment in this environment. It will only continue to drop in value.

You are unwise to buy a shell apartment in any environment as you become responsible for additional costs that you are currently unaware of.

#8 Geemo

Geemo

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

i hear everybody loud and clear , , and in defence of me even thinking about buying this apartment :

They are finished as a shell , ie all electrics finished , heating finished including radiators ( just needs a boiler fitted ) , all plastering/floors finished .

So its a blank canvas , needs kitchen fitted , bathroom fitted , doors fitted , carpets fitted ... move in .
Theres only 4 to a block , all got separate doors .

It , to me seems a good location , a bit better that most apartment sites as in its a small development , lots of parking and quite private . ( not like the belfast multi storey blocks ) .

Im told the site will be finished ( for all it needs ) by the bank and contracts are in place . this will be confirmed in final contract on purchase .

And for reference im buying for 55,000 . 00 .

Like i say i havnt bought it yet , still thinking about pulling out , loosing heart in the place , , but it was going to be a home , mortgage free , new start , with few overheads .

#9 Malthus

Malthus

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

i hear everybody loud and clear , , and in defence of me even thinking about buying this apartment :

They are finished as a shell , ie all electrics finished , heating finished including radiators ( just needs a boiler fitted ) , all plastering/floors finished .

So its a blank canvas , needs kitchen fitted , bathroom fitted , doors fitted , carpets fitted ... move in .
Theres only 4 to a block , all got separate doors .

It , to me seems a good location , a bit better that most apartment sites as in its a small development , lots of parking and quite private . ( not like the belfast multi storey blocks ) .

Im told the site will be finished ( for all it needs ) by the bank and contracts are in place . this will be confirmed in final contract on purchase .

And for reference im buying for 55,000 . 00 .

Like i say i havnt bought it yet , still thinking about pulling out , loosing heart in the place , , but it was going to be a home , mortgage free , new start , with few overheads .

I know the area well, for that money it would need to completely finished and to a very high standard Imho
"You only find out who is swimming naked when the tide goes out." Warren Buffet

"We've become a nation of con men, living by selling double-glazing to each other." Fred Dibnah

" You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. " Homer Simpson

Tony Soprano " Sil, break it down for 'em. What two business have traditionally been recession-proof since time immemorial? "
Silvio Dante " Certain aspects of show business and our thing. "

#10 Satscene

Satscene

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

I know the area well, for that money it would need to completely finished and to a very high standard Imho

i live outside Dromore, i think its too expensive @ 55k....... is it like this one? http://www.propertyp...-dromore/118462

#11 Geemo

Geemo

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

i live outside Dromore, i think its too expensive @ 55k....... is it like this one? http://www.propertyp...-dromore/118462

Yep , that's them

#12 2buyornot2buy

2buyornot2buy

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

Yep , that's them

Look we just saved you at least 15,000.

55,000 - 40,000 = 15,000

#13 Geemo

Geemo

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Look we just saved you at least 15,000.

55,000 - 40,000 = 15,000

lol , i hav'nt lost any money ( yet ) .

You had to bid on them ( last year ) .

It was a first floor apartment with a massive roof space , which already as a window as you can see in the picture . adding a 3rd bedroom if wanted in the future .

( thanks again for everybodys input , its giving me alot to think about )

#14 2buyornot2buy

2buyornot2buy

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

I notice this has now gone sale agreed.

#15 Ausdave

Ausdave

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

Looks nice but hope you haven't signed a contract!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users