Fawkandles

HOLA441
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

?

XEL need more time, they aren't DES when they post their RNS don't think it will be rushed.

BTW good call on getting out of DES.

They found Water in the Falklands apparently, aren't they clever! :lol:

Hey DES BOD, you don't need to drill to find water, DUUUHH!!

lol i'm just glad I jumped off that boat in time. Shame for holders. Horrible management. Experts in dust - wet or dry drust!

Yeah I was early with my XEL excitement. the price suggests news is iminent though. I keep saying to myself "it can't higher than this pre-results" then it goes up another 5-10p!

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Sort of OT as not oilies, but I hope ANGM pulls through - and REALLY wish I'd bought Ortac and BMR when I had the chance.

Some people seem to have ruined themselves through DES.... starting to feel nervous about ANGM now as 5% of fund in there alone. Refuse to pull out before any sort of news, whether good or bad.

AIM stocks so risky - think I'm going to stick to bigger players from now on.

HOLA446
HOLA447

XEL had a wobbly finish. A lot of nervous PIs i reckon. If i got in this late i would probably be shaking a bit tbh.

Surely theyve finished pumping the gloop, so i reckon theyre doing analysis of some sort. They said the first week of december, so wednesday at the latest?

HOLA448

Yeah i read some iii stuff, but they work themselves into a frenzy on there. The board has been spot on in terms of doing what they say they will, so believe that the testing will be finished on time.

The dip was just short termers hoping for an rns that never came, so pulled out. Imho.

All the signs suggest this oil is flowable, and a few days of weather delay is nothing start panicking about. I WAS concerned about delays causing problems but turns out they can have the rig up to the end of the month if they wish.

HOLA449

The money that left after 2pm will largely buy back in whenever they think (good) results are due imho. Unless others sliced profits at the same time.

Not fussed either way, cos after flow results i wont care if the old price was 330p or 250p. (Assuming good results). As with many of these rumour orgies, it makes no difference to me because my strategy is the same for both contingencies.

Will get up early for the 7am rns tomorrow again, hopefully!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I dont get what the panic is about. Boat was at the rig for about 3 days then went. This is fine for a flow test in the time available. The boat doesnt need to be there during the pressure building bit, is my understanding. Keep calm carry on.

I dont think there will be an rns this morning given the above, but got up to check just in case.

Regarding my "sa attitude" i have no idea what this means :unsure:

HOLA4414

You pair have got me on the edge of my seat reading this :D Keep it up, and by the way, what's an FA? May I also ask you what you two started with investment wise?

Currently have a Barclays market master account but not had a play for a long time.

hi

I also use a marketmaster. 12 quid per trade is fine. So what if others offer it for a tenner, barclays have good service :) this particular share is available in a shares isa, well worth filling one of these.

I started investing in summer. 4k put in. Worth 8k ish already :) 1400 quid in this share. Im not a big deal but like researching these things even for my small fry investments

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

No I said FA attitude, a Fundamental Analysis attitude to the Stock Market, i.e. not being bothered about short term price movements or changes, it's not a criticism just an observation. :)

Regarding price drop, nothing to worry about yet, as it's hit the resistance line on the chart roughly, but I'm holding off buying any more just yet.

Rumours are circulating on iii, but put it down to people talking rubbish.

No new RNS giving update yet on flow rate or progress.

Ah see what you mean. I generally buy on fundamentals knowing ill be holding for a few months or more, but trying to use technicals for timing.

In this share i have used nothing but fundamentals, which havent changed. I wont lie though, its been scary the last few weeks. The could make a series of 24 about this share!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Thing is, XEL won't have to release the flow results RNS until they have actually finished, as in done the bit where they stop pumping and let the pressure build. My understanding from that Gramacho chap is that this can take longer than the flow period itself, so another couple of days minimum?

In the meantime the price will continue going nuts in all directions.

I will continue to watch this with xcitement - better than any cinema ticket! :lol:

HOLA4421

Oh! You realise barclays charge you if dont make a trade in your marketmaster account?! You need a trade per quarter i think, or per 'period' whatever that means.

Cant say I have ever noticed a deduction? But I had the account unfunded. Good luck on the XEL trades guys, bit rich for my blood that one,

Just noticed this with relation to BPC

Bahamas Petroleum Co (BPC)

Director name: Mr Alan R Burns

Amount sold: 10,000,000 @ 6.98p

Value: £698,000

Although cant find a date for it,Anything to worry about <_<

Edited by Shroud

HOLA4422

Cant say I have ever noticed a deduction? But I had the account unfunded. Good luck on the XEL trades guys, bit rich for my blood that one,

Just noticed this with relation to BPC

Bahamas Petroleum Co (BPC)

Director name: Mr Alan R Burns

Amount sold: 10,000,000 @ 6.98p

Value: £698,000

Although cant find a date for it,Anything to worry about <_<

See the share price graph for an idea of when it was. I looked into this before investing and concluded that it wasn't a big deal given that the share price didn't react negatively, and I think he HAD to sell some due a divorce settlement or something.

You in BPC? If not then the current price is pretty good IMHO (DYOR!). I bought on this dip but too high i retrospect. I asked myself what I thought the price would be, conservatively, in 9 months, and concluded 25p.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425