House Price Crash Forum

Work With Pricedout.org And B B C?

HOLA441

Sent: 24 April 2008

The BBC are making a documentary about the scourge of high house prices and are looking people to take part in the show and put across their view. The documentary is being put together by people who are priced out themselves so will be sympathetic to our views (house prices must fall).

The current plan is to meet at a pub near Liverpool Street station in London from 6.30pm - 8pm on Wednesday - 30th April. If you are interested, please email me.

Regards

PricedOut

Edited by Financial Planner

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Just in case somehow my post was not clear, if you're coming please contact Katy at Priced Out.

I remember when I first arrived here Pricedout were looking for handouts to get FTBs on the ladder.

Does anyone know if they have changed that stance? :)

HOLA445
Just in case somehow my post was not clear, if you're coming please contact Katy at Priced Out.

Hey, did you not have a sly dig at Liz of PricedOut. org who appeared on TV as something like useless.

Can`t be a***d to search your posts but quite nasty IMHO.

HOLA446
Hey, did you not have a sly dig at Liz of PricedOut. org who appeared on TV as something like useless.

She not only missed a golden opportunity to put our point across during prime bull times but all she did was plug the 'poor ftbs - lucky btl speculators, look how they keep on making money, oh please don't btl any more and stop making so much money" line.

I was driving at the time and had to pull into a service station I was so angry. I actually thought she was a VI shill. Really I did.

Maybe she's had a re-think.

HOLA447

Yes, I thought she has been useless when she has been on. That's been my view. Thank you for yours. I wasn't sly - I was direct and clear.

HOLA448

I know FP is developing a media profile but PricedOut seem to be better at getting on to prime time shows. I'd like to see FP do a deal - become involved with - whatever - with PricedOut to act as their spokesman instead of the woman they have put up to date.

She really isn't much good and I'm sure would not only admit that but be happy to hand over to someone who is getting more media savvy with each appearance.

In as much as HPC is regarded by the media as a bunch of nutters and PricedOut more as the voice of the PricedOut generation, I hope FP will start to align himself with PricedOut rather than being introduced (sometimes) as a spokesman for HPC.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Yes, Liz didn't have the best screen presence - though not the worst either - I work in PR - I'd say she was pretty average (sorry Liz, but that's the truth - nothing a bit of media training wouldn't sort out though! - I'd be even worse than you if I had to appear on screen - guaranteed). Mr FP has been improving and improving - and is now better than anyone I know - including hundreds of PRs and company spokespeople.

Edited by gruffydd

HOLA4412
Mr FP has been improving and improving - and is now better than anyone I know - including hundreds of PRs and company spokespeople.

It's very easy when you don't have to lie.

Available for media work, barmitzvahs, weddings etc

HOLA4413
I remember when I first arrived here Pricedout were looking for handouts to get FTBs on the ladder.

Does anyone know if they have changed that stance? :)

That was never the stance of PricedOut I don't know where the hell you got that from?!

PricedOut was always about getting the government off it's **** and doing something useful about the property price crisis. It saw there was a total lack of accountability from government for one of the worst crisis this country has faced and aimed at putting a face on the problem and forcing the governments hand instead of it being let off the hook.

If you bothered to actually read the website you'd see it was extremely critical of all the government initiatives that involved pouring more money into house prices and advocated the opposite, sensible loans and proper regulation from the FSA.

Moving on to Liz whether or not you thought she did a good job at least she had the metaphorical balls to get off her **** and face up to the media (as did FP but who is I suspect is doing it for more than altruistic reasons). I salute her for it.

It's hardly surprising to find someone with no experience in PR or anything vaguely related struggles a bit on telly. If you thing you can do better feel free to volunteer your services instead of sniping for the sidelines.

Edited by HousePriceLottery

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

For anyone who is interested, here are the updated details...

BBC documentary and PricedOut pub meet

The PricedOut team have been working with the BBC on a documentary and we are looking for priced out people to take part in the show and put across their view on the scourge of high house prices.

The documentary is being put together by people who are priced out themselves so will be sympathetic to our views.

The plan is to meet on Wednesday 30th April at:

Zigfrid

11 Hoxton Square

N1 6NU

Filming will start around 6:15pm and finish at 8pm.

Pricedout

HOLA4416
For anyone who is interested, here are the updated details...

Pricedout

hoxton square, a great example of the madness of property prices.

i used to rent a spacious warehouse there to live in for £400 a month some years ago. find it hilarious what has happened to the place. now city boys are paying half a million quid for a goldfish bowl/rabbit hutch overlooking the square there because they think it is fashionable.

was glad to move out of the area to be honest, all the decent people left years ago and now you are just paying to live in a shithole full of braying weekend rockstar idiots that work in finance leaving vomit and chip wrappers on your doorstep.

if i was still in the UK i'd probably go along to this, good luck with it.