House Price Crash Forum

Astonished By The Greed

neilrich

HOLA441

Apologies, but so astonished am I by the pure greed, I believe the following deserves a thread of its very own, so that we can watch it over the coming months, and years.

Flat 2, Howard House - 43 Elmfield Road, Gosforth

If my memory serves me right, then the above flat was for sale with Sanderson Young for most of 2009, listed at a price of £198k. Good location, but the flat was pretty bland with white walls and wooden floors. It was never worth £198k!! :lol:

Anyhow it SOLD in November for £152k

03/11/2009 £152,000 Flat 2, Howard House, 43, Elmfield Road, Gosforth, NE3 4BA

However it's back, again listed with Sanderson Young, it re-appeared end of last week without pictures listed at £310k! :o Today the photos have been added and the price adjusted to £299k. It does not look much different, the walls are still painted white, perhaps a new oak floor, and some chandeliers! The kitchen looks weird, not what you'd expect in a victorian villa, I guess they found it in the B&Q SALE! :lol:

£150k premium over just three months, and for what? :lol:

Edited by neilrich

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Apologies, but so astonished am I by the pure greed, I believe the following deserves a thread of its very own, so that we can watch it over the coming months, and years.

Flat 2, Howard House - 43 Elmfield Road, Gosforth

If my memory serves me right, then the above flat was for sale with Sanderson Young for most of 2009, listed at a price of £198k. Good location, but the flat was pretty bland with white walls and wooden floors. It was never worth £198k!! :lol:

Anyhow it SOLD in November for £152k

03/11/2009 £152,000 Flat 2, Howard House, 43, Elmfield Road, Gosforth, NE3 4BA

However it's back, again listed with Sanderson Young, it re-appeared end of last week without pictures listed at £310k! :o Today the photos have been added and the price adjusted to £299k. It does not look much different, the walls are still painted white, perhaps a new oak floor, and some chandeliers! The kitchen looks weird, not what you'd expect in a victorian villa, I guess they found it in the B&Q SALE! :lol:

£150k premium over just three months, and for what? :lol:

The price is up and down like a yo-yo, 24 hours on and the price has been adjusted upwards back to £310k! Like I said, astonished by the pure greed!

HOLA446
HOLA447
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Compared to most of Tyneside, Gosforth is a pretty decent area

I don't think you're negating my statement much

I think my problem is more that a lot of Gosforth sure as hell doesn't "look" as well to do as it apparently is.

HOLA4411

I don't think you're negating my statement much

I think my problem is more that a lot of Gosforth sure as hell doesn't "look" as well to do as it apparently is.

Gosforth most certainly would not meet my definition of posh/affluent. It's main advantages are, it isn't benwell and isn't overrun by students (Jesmond) hence prime real estate for all the *hard working aspirational families* of tyneside.

Some parts of Jesmond and Tynemouth might be gettting closer to my definition but it's all relative, we ain't talking Chelsea & Kensington here.

• 6 months later...
HOLA4412
HOLA4413