hedi

HOLA441
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

It seems to me that quite a few hpcers have some sort of victim mentality.

Never a truer word:

Learned helplessness

Learned helplessness, as a technical term in animal psychology and related human psychology, means a condition of a human person or an animal in which it has learned to behave helplessly, even when the opportunity is restored for it to help itself by avoiding an unpleasant or harmful circumstance to which it has been subjected. Learned helplessness theory is the view that clinical depression and related mental illnesses may result from a perceived absence of control over the outcome of a situation.[1]

People who don't moan and complain, don't change anything.

Unfortunately there's a world of difference between moaning to like-minded folk on an internet forum and actually getting out there and doing something about it. Witness anyone suggesting on here anything that resembles something pro-active and the apathy that ensues.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Never a truer word:

Learned helplessness

Unfortunately there's a world of difference between moaning to like-minded folk on an internet forum and actually getting out there and doing something about it. Witness anyone suggesting on here anything that resembles something pro-active and the apathy that ensues.

true def victim mentality

there are opportunities out there

the big opportunity for previous generations was home ownership; this does not mean thatthe next big life-improving opportunity will be the same

so stop f00king moaning about property ownership, just perhaps we are in a golden era for renting, has no-one thought of this, the flexibility, the low cost, the convenience, and the ability to make the most of other more liquid/flexible investment opportunities?

instead we hear people repeatedly hoping (1) for a massive HPC (I think it WILL happen but they will miss it by following sentiment as always) and then hoping (2) for massive house price increases just after they have bought

lightning doesn't strike twice in life or finance

HOLA445

You are so right. There is no real difference between having no civil rights and watching impotently whilst your family are systematically beaten and raped by state supported thugs and not being able to trade up to a four bed detached with half an acre.

The two predicaments are virtually identical.

Seriously? Really? This is what you think I said?

Sometimes it amazes me what people see in posts, I think you have misunderstood my point entirely.

EDIT: Maybe I should have used a ******ing smiley. Would that have helped?

Edited by (Blizzard)

HOLA446

true def victim mentality

there are opportunities out there

the big opportunity for previous generations was home ownership; this does not mean thatthe next big life-improving opportunity will be the same

so stop f00king moaning about property ownership, just perhaps we are in a golden era for renting, has no-one thought of this, the flexibility, the low cost, the convenience, and the ability to make the most of other more liquid/flexible investment opportunities?

instead we hear people repeatedly hoping (1) for a massive HPC (I think it WILL happen but they will miss it by following sentiment as always) and then hoping (2) for massive house price increases just after they have bought

lightning doesn't strike twice in life or finance

So in order to avoid acting like 'a victim', people should stop complaining about their mistreatment?

Someone starts pissing in your letterbox, you just laugh and say 'oh well, there's always the back door?'

HOLA447

So in order to avoid acting like 'a victim', people should stop complaining about their mistreatment?

Someone starts pissing in your letterbox, you just laugh and say 'oh well, there's always the back door?'

nonsense

complain

but don't then use this as an excuse for inaction

HOLA448
HOLA449

Never a truer word:

Learned helplessness

Pathetic - the only thing that stops it is not having authority - all the rest is psycho-babble

Retiring workers warned of £1bn pensions rip-off as hard-earned savings are cheated by 'murky' industry

Ruthless insurers are ripping off hundreds of thousands of retiring private-sector workers by up to £1billion a year, pensions experts warn today.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1lVmsAWVY

Insider comment >>>

"Another scandal is the high number of pensions being transferred to other providers. Advisers are moving funds around but are taking new commissions each time and often the policyholder suffers a penalty for transferring. The FSA needs to step in urgently."

Edited by erranta

HOLA4410

Seriously? Really? This is what you think I said?

Sometimes it amazes me what people see in posts, I think you have misunderstood my point entirely.

EDIT: Maybe I should have used a ******ing smiley. Would that have helped?

Perhaps people see something bleeding obvious that you are oblivious to.

You objected to the criticism of whingers and cited examples such as Ghandi and MLK in order to support the right to complain( which no one ever suggested should be curtailed)

By elevating the self pity resonating from many on here to the same plain as campaigns to free people from subjugation then you invited a sarcastic response.

Of course people have the right to complain. But then so do the recipient audience of these complaints.

As feedback in response to the complaining I will comment thus, " Ghandi and MLK had good cause to complain, many people on here would be better off channelling their energies into mitigating against the bad decisions made by others. Instead they do nothing but complain"

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Perhaps people see something bleeding obvious that you are oblivious to.

You objected to the criticism of whingers and cited examples such as Ghandi and MLK in order to support the right to complain( which no one ever suggested should be curtailed)

By elevating the self pity resonating from many on here to the same plain as campaigns to free people from subjugation then you invited a sarcastic response.

Of course people have the right to complain. But then so do the recipient audience of these complaints.

As feedback in response to the complaining I will comment thus, " Ghandi and MLK had good cause to complain, many people on here would be better off channelling their energies into mitigating against the bad decisions made by others. Instead they do nothing but complain"

I thought it pretty obvious that 'Ghandi, what a whiner' was not something meant to be taken too seriously. I don't do smilies.

I made a light hearted defence of the worlds complainers, and somehow I'm comparing the housing market to gang-rape and discussing the 'right' to compain. Eh?

As it happens, the state of the housing market is an enormous injustice, not something to be downplayed as a rich-man's problem.

People should complain about it as often and as loudly as possible. This isn't incompatible with action, nor does opposing the rules stop you winning the game.

Edited by (Blizzard)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I don't like the way this country has been run. I can see the flaws.

I do not cry about my personal circumstances because I can take action to hedge against mistakes.

We all know our currency is being devalued . Stop whinging that your 50k or whatever savings you have are being inflated.

By retaining in cash you are deliberately, wilfully, and explicitly accepting a counterparty whose credibility you doubt.

You are no different than a sub prime investor.

If you don't like the monetary policy of your fiat issuer short them or move your cash to gold .

This forum is full of people who were banging on about their pile of savings this time last year and how they hated chopper and merv and how qe was destroying their savings.

Did any of you keep it in Gbp despite your knowledge? Then stop whinging! You took a gamble and now you blame someone else for a decision you knew was wrong!

If you had 100k for a 50 pc deposit this time last year and you had switched it to gold, ( with a bit of quanto ) you could now almost buy your house . One year to buy half a house? How much more of a ******in crash do you want?

If you didn't move to gold ( I didn't) then you chose the wrong currency to invest in, proably because you didn't want to ! Your choice, your outcome, not my fickin problem !

Agree

Certain people on this site pleaded with everyone to understand what was going to happen. TO PROTECT THEMSELVES

A fair 50% crash was due, but they decided that it would be best to crash the system so hard that they could move the goal posts.

Youve got to keep up with how this is playing out.

An idea / plan from 2004 is not going to work in 2012

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Looks like they government is going to keep the economy going sideways 1 more year, whilst they prepare for war with Iran.

War with Iran will probably involve Russia and China.

The 95% Mortgages are Back! and 100% Mortgages :)

1 More Year People!

Right now we are in a situation where if you don't become a Debt slave. And think you are clever by saving your money in the bank, inflation will actually steal your purchasing power.

a lot of people on here recently are getting disgruntled about how things have panned out.

i personally left the market a few years ago with a hopefull expection that the boom was over. well, the boom is over. outside of london houses have been slipping somewhat slowly, but slipping. no there has not been a crash. well with .5 pct base rate that not really a supprise. the govenment has done all it can, along with banks who would go bust,lets be honest if a crash happened, to maintain prices as best they can.

a lot of us took the perfectly rational view that booms come to an end one way or another. we never invisaged a reasonably sound economic state printing money, who did.

but that was our gamble. thats what investment is.

the question is what to do now, not bitch about how we might have got it wrong.

if you need a large mortgage to buy then a house must me looked upon as an investment that can lose money. if you are buying for cash, then it somewhere to house you rent free.

as an investment , i think that the housing market has little going for it long term. there are many aspect often overlooked.

forget about short term things like interet rates and btl, they can in some ways be contrived by amanipulation, but other things can not.

the big one is financial demographics. simple logic, poorer people cannot afford more expensive housing. and we are going to get poorer, in real terms, and barring some unknown unknown thats a fact. this applies to the whole of europe.

the young are the hpc saviours. if you are fifty or sixty and sitting on your 1m pound property hoping to sell in 10 years for 2m and retire, i am affraid you are in for a nasty shock. where on earth do you think someone who is 30 now is going to get that sort of money, when they are years away from their first flat. and remember baby boomers, there are an awful lot of you who will all want to be selling at the same time, just as you all wanted to buy at the same time. (incidently forcing up prices) and how many are going to want to sell the second homes as well.

demographics is the real clue to long term investment. and from what i can see we are going japanese. moreso in the rest of europe than here.

the real question is what now. as far as i can see the govenment and bank are trying to stear the good ship uk economy( and west in total) between the rocks of depressive deflation and the waterfall of hyper inflation ( consequence of money printing) . now at the moment it looks like they are succeeding.but the straights of water between the two are getting narrower and there is no sign of open ocean yet, what ever they tell you.

baised on historical evidence the good ship britian will hit the rocks or go over the water fall. the problem is that the debts are so vast that depression could come or they are printing so much money it could be hyper inflation. now im no expert and from what i read no one really has any idea which way this will go. so all i think you can do is hedge your bets, have some multinational assests, have some cash. and jump one way or the other when it becomes clearer.

accept that you are not an expert and that you are going to become poorer in one way or another, keep an eye to trends stop worrying about volitility and try to come out of this with as mouch as you can save.

Edited by Asheron

HOLA4418